user1815 Member
  • Member since Aug 6th 2016

Posts by user1815

Paradigmnoia,

https://patentscope.wipo.int/s…621/PDOC/WO2016018851.pdf

The improvement is that gas is used also to obtain the Rossi Effect, not bein anymore necessary the electric power as with the electric resistances of the former patents of the same inventor.

2- a heat source , as for example a gas burner or an electric resistance, to heat the reactor

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2016018851&recNum=1&maxRec=&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=&queryString=&tab=PCTDescription

The heat source or ignition source can be an electrical resistor, or a heat source that relies on either heat from combustion, such as combustion of natural gas, or a heat source that relies on inductive heating .

42. It should be noted that other heating sources can be used, including heat sources that rely on combustion of, for example, natural gas, as well as heat sources that rely on electrical induction. The use of gas thus avoids the need to have a source of electrical energy for initiating the reaction.

Alan Smith,

Changing subject slightly, do you think that the red tubes were fakes in the "B" and the "C" photos? Do you know if the photos were "set up"? This is the "B" photo that has been posted some time ago in a different thread: http://i.imgur.com/jZbeGGi.jpg

I am reasonably sure this should be the pressure regulator:

The "A" photo that has been posted previously only shows 1 tube coming from the pressure regulator.

From the "B" photo it also seems that the gas bottle was empty or almost empty.

This other photo from the 2011 Bologna public test instead shows that the right pressure meter (after the regulator) was masked with blue electrical tape.
    This was presumably (according to the speculations) to not show the pressure oscillations caused by the electrovalve. The left side shows that there was pressure inside the bottle:

Original photo here:
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_852…0111rossifocardi1652b.jpg

And since we are at it, here is the pressure regulator:

Gameover,
    it is clear that's powder couln't be static nor in Ahern nor in Rossi.
    2 electrodes are used to unload more quickly H from Powder as described inside recent russian paper.
    In this case it is not necessary to fly under 1 bar..

Indeed if the powder is suspended in a liquid like water tribocharging effects can not occur and then you would need a more direct form of stimulation. But for dry powders, different story, even if you can still use electrodes for more direct control if you wish, like others do.

Anyway the common theme here seems:

1. Agitating hydrogenated particles in a fluid (gas or liquid)
    2. Application or induction of electrical discharges and/or high voltage potentials on the hydrogenated particles

These can be done in several ways.

It's interesting to note that in the provisional Rossi patent application recently linked by Engineer48 the usage of electrodes has been mentioned. But no particle agitation: could be that the same function is performed by the loading and unloading of the reversible hydride. Or maybe as usual some critical detail have been omitted.

https://patentscope.wipo.int/s…621/PDOC/WO2016018851.pdf

user1815. This is 'A'.

Thanks again for a new interesting photo. If the barrel contained nitric acid that may be for the creation of pits and pores (which is where Rossi thinks that the reactions happen) in the metal particles during the powder preparation. It was also used by Piantelli in the early days on his bars. Many still think they were used as-is. (ha!)

This is an earlier prototype than the "donut". I think here the electrovalve is used in the inlet. The white part at the other end is similar to a fuel filter. Maybe there was some discharge to the outside and Rossi wanted to avoid airborn powder in the environment?

It is now confirmed. This is a picture from the E.ON factory in Ferrara. There is an electronic pressure sensor (I think) on the RHS of the E-cat - or perhaps a heater connector. But on the gas-piping on the LHS of the picture is a solenoid-controlled valve- probably a dump-valve. Unless of course these are all water-valves. There is a third red pipe behind - with another manual valve - that could be hydrogen.

What do you think? BTW, This particular photo is previously unseen, unless someone knows better.

Good photo, thanks for posting. This one in particular should be previously unseen, but I recall seeing a higher quality version of another one ("B". "A" still not seen yet) that has also been showed in a presentation by Sergio Focardi.
    This reactor should be the "donut" that Focardi has talked about in a few occasions and that according to him was supposed to contain water with an internal sealed capsule of nickel powder and apparently it failed almost immediately. However...

I am not sure about the exact function of all the visible components (the instrument on the top seems for example like an analog temperature gauge), but according to another account (could be again an unconfirmed rumor, or that I may have misunderstood what was said or that I do not remember the details correctly) the device was supposed to operate by making nickel micropowder make turns in the loop at high speed under a hydrogen gas atmosphere and with the application of electrical discharges. The knowledge of this has been one of the reasons of why I gave some consideration to the De Bellis patent discussed in a different forum thread since the principles of operation are (would be) in some ways similar.

***Just recalled that Brian Ahern has a patent where hydrogenated metal particles (nano particles in his case) can be suspended in a dielectric medium such as water and be subject to high voltage discharge for excess energy:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20110233061

So it could be that in the Rossi "Donut" above something similar happened instead of using dry powder in a H2 gas atmosphere as I thought.
    I think Rossi and Ahern have not always been enemies if I recall correctly.

12. A method comprising: amplifying an energy release from a dispersion of nanoparticles containing a concentration of hydrogen/deuterium nuclei, the nanoparticles suspended in water/heavy water dielectric medium, an energy input provided by high voltage pulses between two electrodes embedded in the nanoparticle suspension.

Claim 17-18 are more similar to what I thought:

17. A method comprising: amplifying an energy release from a dispersion of hydrated macroparticles containing a dispersion of nanoparticles in a 3-20 nanometer (nm) size regime by fluidizing the nanoparticles in a stream of gas or liquid or by simple mechanical agitation and then subjecting the fluidized particles to excitation by high voltage pulses, ultrasonic agitation and/or terahertz frequency range electromagnetic waves.
    18. The method of claim 17 where a fluidizing gas is hydrogen with a pressure greater than 2 atmospheres.

Wellspotted gameover! - Pulsating Hydrogen is possibly important.

From studies loosely related to LENR (for example see doi:10.1021/acs.iecr.5b00686) it seems that for some reason only a small fraction of the hydrogen loaded is "hot", so it could be that a continuous rechange of hydrogen in the metal allows greater chances of success. Pulses may help the loading-unloading process mentioned by David Fojt compared to a constant flow.

I have read unconfirmed rumors that the famous early (2011) aluminum foil-wrapped E-Cats used an electronically controlled valve for the discharge of hydrogen.

In Alan Smith's post I see a peristaltic pump and this type of pumps is also known for its pulsating action and capability of pumping small constant doses of fluid (gas or more often liquid) per cycle.

Here there are more informations about the model linked from amazon UK:

https://honlitepump.en.alibaba…BPT_peristaltic_tube.html

Since pressure waves have been mentioned, I can try to guess that this may have something to do with them.
    Of course I may be wrong.

Your guess was quite correct. De Bellis -(who I am told is a very nice guy) knows all the players (including Rossi) on the LENR scene in both UniBo and Siena. The patent is concerned with remediation of nuclear waste of course. The device AFAIK has never been built, and if you check out the patent it really does involve chucking every known and unknown method of stimulating the reaction into the mix. Personally except as a source of ideas, I would not take this too seriously.

Are you saying that the sections named "Experiment 1" ... "Experiment 4" in the patent are completely invented?

Alan Smith,

Thanks for the link. The elemental analysis are interesting and remind more traditional LENR experiments. The authors exclude that the sonication could have caused the damages observed on the surface, at least directly.

In other works they (Cardone et al.) use certain quartz-rich rock samples that emit neutrons under compression-stress fracturing, which I'm still rather convinced is because of high voltage potential generation due piezoelectric effects (which Etiam Oy takes advantage of in its Patent), either directly or indirectly.

robwoudenberg,

Personally I am looking more at common conditions among different experiments rather than fixating on a theory in particular. When I refer to the claims of Rossi or De Bellis about how neutrons are getting liberated in the environment (I can find the actual citations if you want), I can assure you I do it with a pinch of salt. It could be that the circumstances they are inducing are generating Rydberg matter, I don't know. That seems like an interesting theory that others here have already cited, so maybe it's worth studying in depth. I don't remember reading that Holmlid uses high voltage potentials however.

I still would like to point out that there can be conventional effects at play behind which LENR (excess heat and transmutation) could hide.

Speaking again of ultrasounds (successfully used by Etiam Oy in its Patent) I must note that there have also been claims of neutron from sonicated solid steel bars in inert environments that don't use hydrogen: http://www.iccf19.com/_system/…_poster/AP47_Petrucci.pdf

These researchers have their own theory (the so-called piezonuclear reactions) but nevertheless I think the results can be explained by the generation of high voltage potentials and discharges caused by stress-induced cracking in the material.

user1815:

According to his patent application atomic hydrogen is used as a step to produce Rydberg matter (in fact Rydberg hydrogen). See Fig. 19 of the application.
    Meanwhile he might use new methods that he may have filed as new patent applicaton recently. We can only observe those 18 months after the date of filing.

I see, thanks for the link. Sometimes I've read other people write about Rydberg matter production (I never payed too much attention to this theory however) and I recall that atomic hydrogen is needed for it. However what I'm also saying in the latest few posts is that other effects that Pekka Soininen could have not noticed may also occur.

About your second remark: I have no clue.
    My earlier remark refers to local high voltage as described in Pekka Soininnen's patent application. He suggests several solutions to provide this; piezo-, pyro- and/or magneto-electric materials.

Both De Bellis and Rossi (in a certain patent application) talk about a "neutron cloud" or that "neutrons are liberated" under certain conditions with a high voltage potential.
    I think that in the highly dynamic environment of sonicated powder there could be conditions arising for electrons to be accelerated and knock out neutrons from hydrogenated particles as in portable neutron generators. But what would happen at the higher temperatures where LENR experiments typically occur?

Without following this thread closely. Why is 15 bar of de Bellis considered a challenge? That's around 220 psi?

I think it is a challenge in high temperature experiments (Parkhomov replications), where the tensile strength of the ceramics tubes used decreases significantly. But for the experiments that have been proposed in this thread (using ultrasounds) it would not be necessary to use temperatures this high, maybe they would even be counterproductive.

robwoudenberg,

If Pekka Soininen of Etiam Oy has not changed his mind his reactors should be based on the theory of Rydberg matter. I don't think he can change this without compromising his patent.

Speaking again of ultrasounds (also used by Etiam Oy) who has already read about neutron generators?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_generator

They use a small vacuum chamber where deuterium ions are accelerated against a deuterium-loaded target, producing D-D fusion with neutron emission in the process. Could it not be that a similar process, while not supposed to be LENR, also happens in typical reactors containing hydrogenated metal powders, if they're subject to internal high voltage potentials (as could happen with piezo- or triboelectric effects induced by ultrasounds)?

No chance of replicating De Bellis. 15Bar Hydrogen is a bit too much.

But consider this: if it's true that De Bellis and Rossi collaborated together at some point in the past (or took some ideas from each other), and if it's true both of them are actually using some sort of charging of the powders (as your Lugano anecdote of a few posts ago also tells, which means that a critical step has been omitted for real Lugano replications), then a high pressure maybe is not 100% necessary. I was pointing more at the general concepts instead of the specific details.

Do you wand to develop LENR as a new type of fireworks?

What better demonstration of LENR than a meltdown with no input energy?

Axil,

Thanks for your opinion. My idea is that an out of control condition is perfectly what we want. Unless you mean no control = no result.

Alan Smith,

I just recalled that according to the published photos the Lugano reactor maybe did not seem to be grounded. Obviously if you want it to build electrostatic charges then you don't want to ground it, and viceversa (usually the opposite is true, see Ball mills). To be sure and if it's safe for you and your equipment when you will receve your ultrasonic transducers and test the Etiam Oy and De Bellis patents (yay back in-topic) try to see if the grounding makes a difference.

A global BEC is formed from a entangled connection of many rydberg matter clusters. Rossi forces these clusters to aggregate together though the application of a high voltage(up to 100,000 volts) DC potential. This is produced by the Tao effect. A bright ball lightning type of EMF ball this formed in this way,

I beleive that the 100,000 volt electrostatic potential driver is an invention that Rossi has come up with and it is unique to Rossi's patent. Rossi has the IP for this LENR trigger locked up.

(I'm replying here to not produce offtopics in the other thread)

Depending on the materials and dynamics, triboelectric effects can normally build up potentials of thousands-tens of thousands of volts. However, according to the method discussed in this thread these would end up in practice (in an exemplary reactor) into a large number of continuously occurring electrostatic *discharges* inside and also outside the reactor. Would this be ok for your working hypothesis? It may be of interest that Van de Graaff generators work with the same triboelectric principle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator

Not when you get past the Curie temp - about 700C for Ni from memory.

Unfortunately for Nickel it's only 627K (according to Wikipedia). That's 354°C.

Hi gameover. You should try machining Acrylic plastic while wearing a Nylon coverall. It's like being a snow-magnet.

I have often experienced something similar with PVC filings. But I have found more annoying (and painful) the static discharges caused by touching the flexible tube for vacuuming PVC particles. Unfortunately I don't remember what kind of material that tube was made of, but I definitely remember it made me think that the effect could have been useful for LENR.

Apropos: judging by the materials used I wonder if Rossi thought the same here:

The source: minute 4:04 here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.