user1815 Member
  • Member since Aug 6th 2016

Posts by user1815

Alan Smith,

If you have not already played with ultrasonic transducers or randomly moving small particles in general inside your reactors you may have not seen this effect before. In different circumstances, if your vacuum cleaner has PVC piping you might already have felt it while vaccuming certain kinds of dust. In certain cases it can cause visible static discharges. It can be a serious annoyance in wood working dust collector systems, for example:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A system similar to that of Etiam Oy (to return in-topic) or De Bellis which causes particles to rub against each other (or against other reactor components) will, if composed of materials far from each other in the triboelectric series, cause a crackle effect that may be observed and feeled outside the reactor. This alone may not necessarily be a sign of anomalous reaction, but it could be a a trigger for it.

Piezoelectric materials have a generally low "Curie temperature" above which they stop functioning. I am not aware of such a thing for tribocharging (I could be wrong).

Alan Smith,

Are you also prepared against ESD-induced damage to your electronics?
    ...which makes me recall: did not me356 warn of a strange "field" preventing normal measurements like for example with thermocouples? Electrostatic discharges from the reactor will do exactly this, I think.

In 2014 Rossi claimed the presence of pulsing electrostatic fields outside his reactors, for what it's worth:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=853&cpage=7#comment-985189
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2014…tic-force-from-the-e-cat/

The Etiam Oy patent does not specify a frequency for the ultrasonic generator. The De Bellis patent reports this:

The ultrasound generator 16 has a nominal electric power comprised between 400 and 2000 W. The power is the electric power needed by the generator. The ultrasound generator 16 has a frequency comprised between 250 and 600 kHz, for example 300 kHz. The frequency can be fixed.

Essentially the DRY powder is located on a pan (20) which sits on the ultrasonic generator (16). Vibrations are therefore more or less directly transmitted to the powder:

I imagine that it would happen something similar to this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I made a few enquiries of my friends- apparently De Bellis is a good guy. There may be more to tell.

Good news!

Before someone points out that the De Bellis patent uses an external electric field, here is an hypothesis: maybe you don't need an external electric field if a suitable ceramic is mixed with the sonicated powder. Consider that in ball mills which use glass or ceramic balls there are serious safety issues because of static electricity accumulation, which can ignite small metal particles and cause explosions. This is caused by the triboelectric effect, where dissimilar materials repeatedly contact each other and become charged.

Strangely in the Etiam Oy patent this is not mentioned, but Quartz would probably cause the same effect with nickel or similar metallic powders when ultrasounds are used.

Alan Smith,

The patent reports that Sergio Focardi did some theoretical calculations on the results of the inventor Giuseppe De Bellis. Maybe some of your friends in Bologna can tell you more about this.

1. d Theoretical evaluations

Theoretical calculations of energy productivity, carried out by Professor Sergio Focardi (Nuclear Physics, University of Bologna), offered a COP value equal to 463 (value significantly higher than that recorded during experiments, which are preliminary).

So, we have possibly hydrogen-rich water running in a closed loop, a known catalyst dissolved in visible quantities within it and examples of LENR using it. Maybe one could "hide" LENR in the cooling system. I wanted to arrive to this since post #3.

This doesn't invalidate the very good observation that if steam production occurred 24/7 in full force the boiler would probably have got clogged soon, even more so if metals were dissolved in water on purpose. I think either steam production was inconstant, or there was a return path for dirty water as previously suggested.

All hypotheses are considered. While having fun in the process of course.

Not sure if this is relevant but while I searched information about Rydberg matter for Axil in the other thread I noticed (more precisely: recalled) that the leading author Holmlid uses iron oxide catalysts for its production.

All the exhibits are here and I have not seen anything that was not already seen before:
    https://drive.google.com/drive…ZV0oKQafY4bHhOZHlBZFZ4MG8

Quote from Alan Smith

You don't appear to understand.

I think what Jami is saying here is that the system did not see any more Florida water than that initially used and maybe the occasional refill (because of leaks, etc).
    As an implication of this and the previous discussion, I also added that since water was probably running continuously in a closed loop dumping the heat in the drain would have been out of question.

Alan Smith,

Iron oxide (rust) also catalyzes a large number of chemical reactions in particular in the petrochemical industry so one is left wondering if more "creative" uses of this effect have not actually been put into practice, if that was indeed iron oxide. I guess that speculation possibilities are endless at this point.

But Jami has a good point against Rossi's case. How do these metal impurities go back into the loop if dry steam is generated 24/7? I can only think this would happen with very wet steam or if steam is not always generated.

Could be anything. Rust, dirt, bacteria. If Rossi wouldn't just let it circulate with a mild 20 kW heating once per circle, it'd all clog up in whatever part is supposed to turn that filth into steam. Since it doesn't, these pictures actually prove (if anything) that the COP is in fact 1. No surprise there.

So are you suggesting that Rossi didn't even heat this dirty-looking water to boiling temperature because it would then come off as purified steam? Interesting point. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wyttenbach, Engineer48,

In that photo the pumps LEDs seem to be turned off, doesn't this imply that the plant or the modules weren't running at the time?

Anyway, my suggestion (actually not mine, it has been discussed already elsewhere) is not that the brown stains indicate dirt&grime, but that the working liquid itself maybe is not simply water.

Because BLP almost always talks in terms of the amazing power that they produce, and rarely if ever focus on energy balance. Those who don't understand the difference between power and energy are enamored by BLP. Their devices also seem to be quite complex, nearly impossible to replicate (due to their complexity), and look like they would last about one day before needing maintenance.

2 things

1) In one scenario (a couple steps above worst case: LENR = not real) LENR might end up being "just" a way for obtaining a much faster rate of reaction than chemical (high *power* density), while still being limited to chemical *energy* density.

2) The latest BLP contraptions look complex but to my understanding in the end Mills is vaporizing metallic pellets containing water traces using very large currents. The experiment is simple from a scientific point of view, but as to whether this process can actually be commercially exploited ... ^____^

Alan Smith,

Let me explain in detail. In the past few days I've read a bit about Randell Mills (who is held in high esteem by MFMP and Piantelli) and found that according to his theories nascent, chemically formed water is a hydrino catalyst. Now hydrinos may or may not actually exist but nevertheless claims are that the energy released by their formation process supposedly greatly exceeds that of water formation. Moreover, it can also produce UV, soft X-rays, excess electrons and so on.

You don't think Mills is credible? No problem. There have been similar mainstream studies where the recombination of oxygen with hydrogen adsorbed on metal catalysts can sometimes yield a greater heat than that of water formation. I linked one of those earlier in this thread, but I later found that a similar paper was posted in 2015 on LENR-Forum. The second post there is also interesting and refers to the paper I previously linked in this discussion if you missed it:

Possible LENR observation reported in ACS journal

The author of this 2015 paper is also a member of LENR-Forum and has written a couple interesting messages in that thread.

After quickly skimming through these papers (you can use www.sci-hub.ac if you don't have academic access to them) it doesn't sound like it is required to soak nickel particles in hydrogen for a very long period of time for the proposed experiments, but I can completely understand if you would rather not mess with potentially explosive mixtures of O2-H2 in your laboratory.

Bottom line is this a different line of experiments that is not strictly focused on the absorption of H in metals and which could still show interesting LENR-like results. But it would need to be performed safely.