oldguy Member
  • Member since Oct 1st 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by oldguy

why a tall tank?

My guess is that the heater and the thermocouple were at different ends and the water was taken by the system from the hot end of the tank.

There does not seem to be any mixing in the tank.

By the way, how much power would all those cat pumps pull. Their heat would eventually end up in the enclosure.

And why if the system was called a closed loop, would there ever need to have a refill and a float valve.

The plan required distilled water. However, I would not doubt that they did not follow the plan in this point or many others.
    In short I don't trust that the plan was not followed until there is proof that it was.

Jed - my point is not about the "correctness " of manual measurements, it is that Penon was required to be the one who took the data and not Rossi.
    Ok if Penon took the data manually each of the 350 days, but it is not Ok if he delegated that to someone else.

data taken manually - The agreement specified that the ERV was to make the measurements. So in theory he could do that himself (ERV=Penon) each day but it sure sounds like the ERV did NOT take the measurements on each of the 350 "test" days as required. It sounds like he didn't show up but a few times and just used Rossi's data. Not exactly independent!

I never understood how Rossi could claim that his technology and IP was given to others and they didn't make it work.
    Either his stuff works and it was not given to others - they didn't get anything to work so what they got was not "real"
    or his stuff doesn't work and thus when others got it continued not to work.

The agreement required the ERV to make the measurements for 350 days (of 400 days) of the flow of the heated fluid and delta T of the flow. (page for of the agreement - "to make this measurement the ERV will measure....") If someone other than the ERV made the measurements (say Rossi) on each of those days then the requirements of the agreement were not meet. It does not say that the ERV can delegate this to others but "the ERV will measure").

Now it seem clear why the data may appear as though it was just cut and pasted day after day while Penon did not satisfy the requirement of the agreement that demanded "the ERV will measure".

But Penon seems to still be in hiding and his report may be thrown out anyway if he fails to appear.

Fanboy, this obviously leads you to a paradox. Woodford did invest after visiting (actually the business types, Paul and Henry, and not Woodford himself) several labs and as you say there is no commercially viable LENR system publically known. Notice this includes the failed Rossi efforts. (notice Rossi could not demonstrate, teach and run a system in NC so that others could commercialize it even after he claimed that he heated a factory in Italy for a year and had many buyers outside the US)

Perhaps it means that your assumption is incorrect (perhaps Woodford would invest in research level efforts) or that there is somewhere systems that may be nearing commercially viable levels or both. Some investment groups do put a small portion of their money in very highly speculative investments since there is some times "risk avoidance" and they need to have a diversification into high risk reward regions. (it a game theory thing)

If someone does have a promising research approach, I think it would be closely guarded and not be made public.
    One preferred approach would be to replicate it internally and have it replicated independently and verified independently
    in the light of day by several professionals with impeccable credentials before there would be any announcement. None of this flim flam =I wave my magic wand and put in secret stuff only I know,
    run it in ways only I know while I sleep with the hidden parts, and I pick a friend who will test it and you cannot look "behind the curtain" (wall).

We are not there yet but perhaps someday.

I have already given you my "documentation" from Macy's Inf. Energy interview with Darden. IH had invested in others before Rossi and continued to do so and still does. You can also see from Darden's ICCF talk that he supports Dennis Letts and Peter Hagelstein. There are others that I cannot comment on. ( you can believe that or not but it is in the article if you believe Darden and Macy's write-up)

Again you timing does not prove what it seems you are wanting to believe. There are other interpretations. A good scientist should be willing to account for alternative explanations.

So if Rossi did not pay taxes, then he would be in violation of the agreement, Right?

Also if they did not use the protocol as listed 111 generators, then they did not fulfill the requirement of a "test" if it even
    was a test, Right?

exactly, they visited Rossi early but did not invest to much later after they had visited many other groups.
    Evidently the work by Rossi was not good enough in Feb and the few months later to warrant their investment
    until they check other's works.

You cannot conclude that Woodford invested because of Rossi and not because of others.

We know that IH had invested in other before they invested in Rossi.

No need to ban a topic. If someone does not want to see something just don't click on the thread.

Perhaps just do something simple like require all such
    "Rossi topics" to be labels with a title that starts with "Rossi". Then it would be clear if the thread was
    Rossi related or not. It also would allow for spam filters to screen them if someone emails the info.

They are not playing two sides. It is one side. They are interested in bringing alternative power
    in many of its forms.

Life is not either/or it is both/and. To live in the either/or world you will
    be doomed to hostility and perceived confrontations.
    Living in the both/and world you will find unity and cooperation.