axil Verified User
  • Member since Oct 10th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by axil

I have been saying for years now that a cold reactor will cause gamma radiation. IMHO, this is due to the failure to form Bose condensate among many Surface Plasmon Polaritons (SPP)s. Lack of sufficient polariton pumping allows the SPP to initiate the LENR reaction, but not enough thermal pumping to create a bose condensate among the SPPs to spread the radiation around to thermalize or downshift gamma level radiation through super-absorption among many SPPs.

Low temperature means many SPP working along thereby creating gamma because no downshifting is possible.

High temperatures means many SPPs working together in a BEC to share energy through super-absorption.

SPP pumping is similar to laser pumping

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_pumping

Until the SPP pumping gets to an inversion condition, a condensate cannot be formed.

Weak pumping means no laser beam is produced.

The next small piece of information:

I have been urging MFMP for the longest time to sinter the nickel powder in a fuel preparation stage to make the nickel porous to allow hydrogen to penetrate into the disrupted lattice bond structure of the nickel. Could it be, that they finally got to that stage of the LENR nickel technology?

To be clear, the Rossi reactor is not an F&P cell,

The naysayers have a productive function if they conduct their scepticism properly. Using the same tired and trite criticisms of a 25 year old technology is tiresome and boring.

To be of any value at all, study the latest LENR technologies and work in that arena. Tom Clarke has done so with Lagano, but for some reason, he has gotten himself stuck in a rut on that old and tired subject.

There is a lot of hard work and dedication required of the naysayer to keep themselves current as the technology of the LENR reaction marches relentlessly forward and with accelerating speed.

After the input power is terminated and the LENR reactor enters a state of self sustain mode(SSM), this behavior nullifies the possibility of any chemical based heat production mechanism. After a few seconds of SSM, the only reaction path that can apply is based solely on the LENR reaction. When a LENR application demonstrates SSM continuing for a few seconds after input power shutdown,

If I remember correctly, the first third party test of Rossi's reactor showed SSM.

So 1h of thermal input triggers a reaction (which MFMP achieved now??) which releases beta radiation which is slowed by lead (Pb) and re-radiated from the lead as infrared radiation for 5hrs?

How would they know what type of particles where coming out of the glowstick...are they making an assumption?

I speculate that MFMP has found a way to maintain self sustain mode through a parameter feedback loop. The parameter must be associated with some sort of EMF stimulator.

What parameters does MFMP has access to. The temperature, pressure, stimulative frequency, power application...on/off and the time for ramp up and ramp down.

Among replicators, there will be a market for a controller chip to maintain SSM using input power with input being temperature and pressure.

Could MFMP have found another input parameter like dipole activity or the voltage produced by the reaction? Like Rossi's E-Cat X, maybe MFMP found a way to produce electric power. Now that would be very exciting. Will MFMP make dark energy open source?

axil wrote:

Actually, I do know an iPhone works. There are tiny black holes that suck up dark matter and produce beams of monopoles in a ladder of powerful exponentially increasing interdependent processes of self-reinforcing amplification. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

So you were playing dumb all along. You just wanted to aggravate ED and ABD all along by going back 20 years and using those old tired P&F arguments. There is a new LENR day starting on Wensday. Gird your loins for some new LENR breakthroughs. It might hurt real good.

In any case, physics is a subject, not a repository. Presumably you mean what we know about physics, but most of the time your writing is not comprehensible to me. You're out of my league.

When you buy a E-Cat at home depot, you need not understand how it works. Just get an electrician to install it for you. I am sure you do not understand how your Iphone works either but you use that fairly well.

You mentioned that a voltage of 10000 V could be expected. Well, that corresponds to over 108 K which incidentally is the temperature in the interior of the sun. Obviously we are not talking Cold Fusion anymore. As interesting as this is, cracking hydrogen embrittled palladium will never be the energy source of the future.

Loading palladium is an engineering approach to the production of LENR. A better approach might be to use sintered nickel but both approaches use topological discontinuity to collect polaritons and produce liquid hydrogen.

How do you know that the center of the Sun is 10^8 K, did you measure it or did you see it in a book. Prove this to me.

Exceptions to 1 W claim limit include Dardik (as mentioned) and Rossi, both of whom have a background in fraud, but not in physics.

Physics is not the unassailable repository of truth that you assume. If you accept physics as presented today, you are deluding yourself.

For example, the Sun is assumed to be a ball of plasma hosting a fusion reaction. In reality, it is a liquid that is hosting a cold fusion reaction.

Now just imagine how much Pathological Science has grown up around this plasma Sun fantasy that you accept whole cloth. Now don't you feel silly in assuming science is unquestioned truth.

See

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The observations can't be explained by a single nuclear reaction, but requires dozens of unprecedented and inconceivable nuclear reactions, and unprecedented mechanisms to convert nuclear energy to heat.

I asked you to look into the Holmlid experiments because it would help to upgrade your LENR knowledge by 20 years. The fact that K-mesons are produced in LENR points to the fact the protons and neutrons are decaying as per accepted theory inside the nucleus. This reaction is in all the particle physics textbooks.

Please update your LENR knowledge base.

See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_decay

LENR has produced a quasiparticle that generates a monopole beam. Science is desperate to detect proton decay to validate the grand unification theory.

Searches for proton decay and superheavy Magnetic Monopoles
    B. V. Sreekantan

In conclusion, as of 1984 January, it may be stated that the existence of super-heavy monopoles and the phenomenon of nucleon decay, both of which are extremely important from the point of view of grand unification theories, are still very open questions. While there has been just one magnetic monopole candidate so far, there have been several as far as nucleon decay is concerned. The first candidates for nucleon decay came from the fine-grain calorimeters of KGF, and NUSEX; recently there have been candidates from the water Cerenkov experiments as well. The experimental situation regarding the other important phenomena of relevance to grand unification which we have not discussed in this article — like the finite mass of neutrinos, neutrino oscillations, and neutron oscillations — continues to be indefinite though many dedicated experiments are in progress.

With the continued operation of the nucleon decay experiments already collecting data and the commissioning of the new generation of experiments over the next few years, the stage is set for a resolution of this problem in a time scale of 5–10 years. The present indication that the dominant decay mode for the proton (even if it decays) is notp → e+π0 and that the lower limit to the lifetime of the nucleon is 10^^31 yr, does not favour the simple SU(5) type models.

The remarkable discoveries of W± and Z0 with mass values exactly as predicted, have given a boost to the unification based on the gauge theoretical approaches. Whether grand unification can be extended to super-unification, experiment alone can tell. This will be the challenge for the remaining years of this century.

Have you done a basic sanity check on this? Crack opening speed? Surface charge density? Crack separation at which 10kV is present? I'm not saying it can't happen, just that it is a bit unlikely because electrons can move quickly and the field at the surfaces of the crack is limited? References with quantitative analysis would be welcome.

One of the key concepts to appreciate is resonance in all its many forms. It is a cornerstone of LENR. In LENR, one instance of resonance builds on the next in a ladder of powerful exponentially increasing interdependent processes of self-reinforcing amplification. Surprisingly, these resonant processes affect just a few critical parameters that drive the LENR reaction.
    To get this description started, the explanation of the LENR reaction begins with how the boundary between a metal and an insulator forms a perfect mirror which confines light and electrons within a few nanometers of the surface of the metal. When this mirror is at its very best, very little light and electrons can escape to the far field. The surface of the metal becomes a black hole for EMF where light and electrons can enter but cannot escape.
    Collective charge oscillations at the boundaries between an insulating dielectric medium (such as air or glass or in our example hydrogen) and a metal (such as gold, silver, and copper or in our example nickel) are able to sustain the propagation of visible-frequency electromagnetic waves (EMF) or in our case infrared EMF known as surface-plasmon-polaritons (SPP).
    SPPs are guided along metal-dielectric interfaces much in the same way that light can be guided by an optical fiber, with the unique characteristic of sub wavelength-scale confinement perpendicular to the interface. In other words, the SPPs sticks like glue to the metal surface.
    An SPP is a strange and wonderful form of EMF. An infrared light photon becomes part of the electron when the energy of the two becomes equal. Being trapped together, because the photon and the electron bounce around on the surface of the metal for so long, the waveforms of both changes constantly under the influence of destructive interference. This is called Fano resonance. Fano resonance is like a Cuisinart for EMF. It chops and blends electrons and photons together until the EMF mix contains only SPPs. In this blending process, SPPs acquire the most desirable characteristics of both photons and electrons.
    An SPP is now converted from an electron: a fermion to a boson: a force carrier. Most of the mass and the charge of the electron are lost in SPP formation but a very small amount of mass remains. But the spin of the SPP is increased to 1, which is the spin of the photon. The SPP now becomes a powerful carrier of spin, the source of the atomic level magnetic field and it has lost the charge that prevents concentration of electrons from occurring.
    Now, the SPPs allow for an unlimited concentration of spin carrying particles to accumulate at the surface of the metal.
    The spin of all those SPPs must be given a coherent and productive form to be more effective. This is accomplished by chopping the metal lattice into nano-sized pieces called nana-particles. These particles are sized from 50nm to as small as 1 or 2 nm. Because they are so small, they possess a huge curvature. In other words, they are very sharp. This extreme curvature forces the SPPs to form a tight vortex current on the surface of one of the sides of the nano-particle just like a big rock forms a vortex hole in a river rapid.
    Another type of resonant wave is forms called a whispering gallery wave. This circular wave continues the standardization of the wavelengths of the SPPs through more Fano resonance. The end result is the formation of a lone spin wave with a single huge amplitude at a single frequency in the extreme ultraviolet. Such a solitary wave is called a soliton.
    In the vortex flow of all the SPPs, they will combine their individual wave forms into a single waveform that projects the sum of their combined spin into a narrow beam axially located and projecting normal to the direction of the vortex flow. That narrow beam of spin is called an anapole magnetic field. The SPP soliton is also known as a magnetic monopole.
    Gold is the metal of choice in nanoplasmonic experimentation. In Nanoplasmonics experimentation, a concentration of EMF power is routinely observed in the gap between gold nanoparticles demonstrating an EMF amplification factor of 10^^9.
    The record of such observed EMF application is a factor of 10^^15 or 100 trillion watts per cm2. That is existing science mind you.

The discovery and basics of nanoplamonics
    Nanoplasmonics is a very new science. This science sprang into existence from a technique of chemical analysis created by our Founding Father, Martin Fleischmann in 1974- see please what says Greg Goble here:
    http://coldfusionnow.org/scien…ed-by-martin-fleischmann/
    This science took a turn into optics some 19 years ago when Mark I. Stockman discovered that hot spots developed in a pile of nanoparticles. Fast growing, diversification, discoveries, applications have followed; now Nanoplasmonics is in a stage of accelerated development. See this relevant paper for the basics:
    http://www.phy-astr.gsu.edu/st…s_behind_Applications.pdf
    or perform a fast search on Google Scholar.
    Nanoplasmonics is a branch of optical condensed matter science, devoted to optical phenomena on the nanoscale in nanostructured metal systems. A remarkable property of such systems is their ability to store the optical energy concentrated on the nanoscale due to modes called surface plasmons (SPs).
    This explanation and its understanding are not easy. It requires us to grasp how heat, radiation and electrons affect each other in the lattice and in the surrounding gas envelope. This comprehension is vital to the control and mastery of the LENR Nickel-Hydrogen (Ni/H) reactor.

I was unclear what Peter was saying also.

An 8400 MWh electrical bill to the customer and/or [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] would put an end to this 1MW plant topic...

Yes the energy quaoted must be output energy and NOT input energy.

There are 8760 hours in a year. A 1 MWhours hour plant would produce a maximum of 8760 MWhours/year. I believe that the plant produced heat at a rate of 8000 MWhours in its operating time of 350 days out of a maximum of 8400 MWhours for 350 days.

I encourage Ed, Tom, Cude, and others, to move on from the comfort of the familiar: the P&F LENR experimental format to the new LENR catalytic based tech involving metalize hydrogen as developed by Holmlid. The results of those experiments are so unexplainable by current theory that an accumulation of expert, professional, and cutting edge brain power needs to be applied to this area.

Holmlid will most likely be unsuccessful in attracting mainstream scientific help to his efforts due to the LENR stigma. Even when the motive to look at Holmlid's tech is negative and sceptical, any research feedback will help.

Holdmld's tech is closer to Rossi's tech that it is to the old P&F stuff and has the advantage that it's data is open and published.

Regarding:

In the presentation experimental behavior of Rydberg matter of hydrogen is described. An extensive collaboration effort of surface physics, catalysis, atomic physics, solid state physics, nuclear physics and quantum information is need to tackle the surprising experimental results that have so far been obtained.

Could this be a recruiting campaign where Holmlid is asking professional scientists to risk vocational jeopardy to look more deeply into those unworldly processes that are going on in Holmlid's experiments?

Will the audience just enter into a 10 minute state of puzzlement and confusion but at the end of the perplexing presentation, these professionals drift lazily back with a shake of the head to the surety and comfort of the fantasy world that they love so much and that their lives are devoted to?

Authors: Sveinn Olafsson
    (Faculty of Physical Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland)

Leif Holmlid
    (Atmospheric Science, Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, SE-412 96 Goteborg, Sweden)

For over the last 26 years the science of cold fusion/LENR has been researched around the world with slow pace of progress. Modest quantity of excess heat and signatures of nuclear transmutation and helium production have been confirmed in experiments and theoretical work has only resulted in a large flora of inadequate theoretical scenarios. Here we review current state of research in Rydberg matter of Hydrogen that is showing strong signature of nuclear processes. In the presentation experimental behavior of Rydberg matter of hydrogen is described. An extensive collaboration effort of surface physics, catalysis, atomic physics, solid state physics, nuclear physics and quantum information is need to tackle the surprising experimental results that have so far been obtained. Rydberg matter of Hydrogen is the only known state of matter that is able to bring huge collection of protons to so short distances and for so long time that tunneling becomes a reasonable process for making [lexicon]low energy nuclear reactions[/lexicon]. Nuclear quantum entanglement can also become realistic process at theses conditions.

Axil, you are like a monopole yourself, attracting only the craziest ideas that google can find for you. I think your plan is to make me pissed off and say something no-no so I will get banned.

Instead I think that it is you that should be banned for concocting such sinister schemes. :)

People see what they want to see and disregard the rest...

Ignoring what makes you afraid, doubtful, and uncertain is a common coping strategy that many people use to get through their day. When something makes you pissed, just ignore it. This is the path to happiness and carefree living.

I myself cannot do this happiness thing. Rossi says that he gets 500 watts of electric power out of 50 watts input. He must be lying, Maybe he will go away; most everyone ignores him: I cannot...I have to understand why.

Holmlid says that he produces 12 billion mesons by flashing a 100 milliwatt laser. Most everyone ignores him; he must be in error...I cannot ignore him...I need to understand how such things can be possible. Don't let my affliction to know the truth effect the happiness in your life. Happy dreams are so wonderful, so comfortable, so secure, when the universe is so cruel.

Ed, you said:

In an earlier post you also said the this radiation was not very penetrating and could not be properly measured outside of the reaction chamber and therefore it had never been properly characterized.

Is it electromagnetic radiation?
    Do you have any idea of the energy spectrum?
    What could be done to gain more insight as to the nature of it?

The radiation is charactorized at the following site:

http://restframe.com/rf/home.html

It shows a Exotic Neutral Particle(ENP) that is most often entangled with others of its kind. The mass/energy is very heavy in the giga-electronvolts. It demonstrates a monopole field and is free-floating. This ENP is an ideal candidate for dark matter: wimps: weakly interacting massive particle.

besides all the experiments referenced at restframe, these particles have been detected in the Proton 21 experiment and the titanium exploding wire experiments.

There is a segment of the LENR community who think this finding is important including me.