JedRothwell Verified User
  • Member since Oct 11th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by JedRothwell

It was wrong to drag up whatever health problem Sifferkol has as a way of diverting attention from his comments, unpalatable though they were.

It may well be that his comments were unpalatable because he is mentally ill. I got that impression of him weeks ago. I withdrew contact, and stopped responding. Depending on the illness, it can cause harm when people confront, rile up, or argue with people suffering from mental illness. If you have good reason to think the person you are talking to may be mentally ill, you need to cut him a lot of slack. You have to be extra careful.

(I am not a psychiatrist, but my aunt was and I spent time as a volunteer working with people in hospitals, so I know the rules.)

This person apparently told the world about his problem. That is a brave, commendable, and socially useful thing to do. Dewey was right to inform us that we need be careful not to respond harshly even though this person published outrageous accusations against me and others. You would do the same thing if you learned that the person you are talking to is somewhat senile, for example, or dying from cancer. Health can affect people's judgement. We can perhaps address the technical issues he raised, but his accusations about conspiracy theories and the like should be off the table. Especially his accusations against me should be ignored, please.

I was forwarded some information about SIfferkoll, his book and details about him from a concerned Swede. Sifferkoll had a reason for telling his story and publishing a book in his native language - I don't know what that was but I respect him greatly for having the guts to tell his story.

If I understand correctly, you have still not revealed his real name. So you have not "doxxed" him. Dox definition:

"search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent."

1. What is written here is not identifying information. We still don't know who he is.

2. The intent does not seem malicious to me. People who suffer from mental illness and who are willing to describe the problems to society should be commended. In this case Dewey has commended him without revealing who he is, which seems like a good response.

If some devices were 'inoperable' and the plant was still achieving COP >6 that is a bonus in my book.

It isn't achieving a COP of >6. The COP is around 0.5 to 0.8 ignoring losses from the reactor. Including those losses it is ~1. This is a poorly designed electric heater.

The issue you raise about 'flawed' measurements' is interesting and suggests IH are gearing up to 'rubbish' the ERV's report,

Anyone can rubbish that report. The test was an ungodly mess. A farce.

Heck, you can rubbish it yourself, right now. Tell us why Rossi did not allow anyone to see the pretend customer site. Unless you can think of a plausible, legit reason for that, you can see he was covering up a fraud. Just check out the customer and you will see there was no equipment in there using 1 MW of process heat. That's absurd.

So how accurate is your 100.1C extrapolation? The only way you could extrapolate this value is if you had the exact input temperature, as well as the e-cat's power ouput known within a kW!

That is what Rossi claimed. Exact values. It is 102.8 deg C to be exact.

He also claimed it was exactly 35 tons of cooling water per day, and then he arbitrarily subtracted 10% from that, for no apparent reason. As he told Lewan.

Based on my analysis and his choice and layout of instruments, I don't believe either number. At all. I also don't believe the 60 deg C return water temperature. That is too low.

If Rossi ever gives you the data, you will see for yourself. Perhaps you will agree with him, and perhaps you will agree with I.H. At present, you have no basis to agree or disagree with anyone.

Maybe Rossi revealed information he shouldn't have, maybe not, but that doesn't mean he can legally publish a rewritten version of the report.

As I said, he has already published a rewritten version of the report. It was brief, but informative. I have not heard that I.H. was upset by this. Add a few more paragraphs, a schematic, and Bob's your Uncle.

I do not think I.H. would object. I expect they will publish the Penon report sooner or later. That is what Dewey said here, I believe.

More to the point, for months before the test came to an end, Rossi promised Lewan he would publish the Penon ERV report. He repeatedly said on his blog that he would publish it. He did not hint that I.H. might prevent him. Then, suddenly, after Rossi himself filed a lawsuit, he said he cannot publish because of the lawsuit that he himself filed. He must have known he was going to file that. That is not the sort of thing your lawyers draft overnight. He must have known he would not give the report to Lewan, so Lewan would not be able to hold his symposium. Rossi deliberately led Lewan on, thinking the report would come out in time for the symposium.

He could publish a summary, now. He has already released the most damaging detail: the fact that he himself refused to let people into the customer site.

If Rossi is under a NDA regarding the ERV report, what makes you think he can write his own report with the same info and publish it?

The fact that he has already revealed a great deal about the test in the Lewan interview makes me think he could write his own report and reveal more. He wouldn't have to reveal much more. The instruments, the configuration, some temperature and pressures would be enough.

I expect he already revealed more than he intended to. I was surprised he said that he did not allow the I.H. expert to see the pretend customer site. Anyone can look for information on that customer, put 2 + 2 together, and see that the customer is fake. The only plausible reason Rossi blocked the door was to stop the expert from confirming that the reactor is producing no excess heat. Seeing what is in the customer site would be the final nail in the coffin. But I am sure the expert saw enough in Rossi's own site to conclude that there is no heat.

So what is IH et al waiting for, why don't they make a counter claim of 'fraud' if its that simple.

Rossi already declared himself a fraud, when he blocked the door to the pretend customer site. You can look up that customer and see for yourself it does not exist. The other proof is icing on the cake.

I do not know know what I.H. is waiting for, but I know why Rossi never released the ERV or a summary of it. It makes him look terrible.

The only reason I can think of is that they are not confident it would fly, what does that tell us? It tells us IH et all think Rossi's invention 'works'.

Based on my analysis of the data I assure you, you are wrong. Anyone who spends 5 minutes examining the data and configuration will be confident that the test was a farce. It was as bad as Rossi's previous tests. Bad calorimetry scaled up is still bad.

They have never said it does not work, Dewey has but not IH, all they have said is they cannot 'validate' it.

They did say it does not work. In the motion to dismiss, they said: ". . . ignoring inoperable reactors, relying on flawed measurements, and using unsuitable measuring devices." Based on my analysis, I agree completely with the "flawed measurements" and "unsuitable measuring devices." "Unsuitable" is too polite. I would say "ludicrous instruments" that any expert would glance at and say: "What is this, a joke?!? You can't measure a damn thing with that!"

You should ask Rossi for a list of the instruments he used, and where they were placed. He will never tell you, but you might have fun riling him by asking.

The motion says "reactors" (plural). I agree the 1 MW reactor was inoperable, based on Rossi's data. I do not know about any other reactors.

I guess when you doxx others you can't be surprised to get doxxed but two wrongs don't make one right.

It is not doxxing when you refer to a book that someone published describing his own condition.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I understand this person published a book describing a health problem he suffers from. Since he himself said it, there can be nothing wrong with others citing it.

Jed, if ERV would clearly prove COP ~1 and bad things about Rossi and possibly Penon, it would not need to wait court hearing.

Who told you that it does need to wait for a court hearing?

Instead publishing it sooner would be much better for defending IH:s reputation, compared to this continuous implying, hinting and drip dropping half truths and baked calculations.

I have no idea what would be best for I.H. That is up to their lawyers and management. I have not discussed this with them, and I have no idea what their strategy is. I am sure the ERV is damaging to Rossi because his test was a farce.

Anyway, you are not satisfied with what I.H. tells you. In that case, I suggest you ask Rossi for more details, such as the make and model of instruments, where they were placed, temperatures, pressure and so on. He can write a new report. Nothing is stopping him from telling you this. He has already told you enough for any reasonable person to conclude that he is a fraud. You need only look at his refusal to allow the I.H. expert into the customer site, despite the fact that the expert insisted. You can ignore everything else, and you can assume that everything Dewey has revealed is false. You still know for sure that Rossi is a fraud. That fact alone is proof. There is lots of other proof in his data. I hope you get a chance to see it.

You can also do some homework and confirm that the customer does not exist. Even if he did exist, what would a chemical distribution company in a small warehouse be doing with 1 MW of process heat?

According to this text Rossi cannot release the ERV report without IH's permission

I do not know about that, but nothing prevents Rossi from writing another report summarizing his instruments, the configuration and the data. I am sure he could do that anytime, because he already has done it. He gave Lewan some information. He could give out a little more. It would not take much. He will not do this, because his choice of instruments, the configuration and the data are ludicrous. You can see that from what he already revealed. The numbers are absurdly round, and the fluid (probably hot water, not steam) is cooled by some secret machine in the pretend customer site next door, which he will not allow people to see. If that does not tell you he is a fraud, you are deluded.

This is plain character assassination, veiled threats and abuse, how do you expect anyone who gets the undertone to respond to this?

Sifferkoll apparently wrote a book about his own condition. How can it be a threat to quote what he said about himself?

For example, if a turbofan jet engine that uses Rossi's product is sold, the majority of the profit would go to the engine manufacturer and not to the manufacture of the heat generation reactor chip.

A turbofan is probably not a good example. A patent lasts 20 years. It takes 10 or 20 years to design, test and manufacture a turbofan engine, so by the time the first ones come out, this technology will be in the public domain. This technology will not have an immediate effect on big ticket items such as aerospace engines.

(I doubt this technology exists, but for the sake of argument let us assume it does.)

On the matter of Dewey Weaver being unable to provide any proof of what he claims.

Rossi has provided no proof of what he claims. On the contrary, there is abundant evidence that what he claims cannot be true. He has previously lied about many things such as having customers or mass production. His most recent statement about blocking the pretend customer site from the I.H. expert is highly suspicious, to say the least.

Why do people here demand proof from I.H. while they take every statement by Rossi at face value, with no proof at all?

According to the story, he had six stones, but how many shots would he get in before Goliath would reach him? "One shot" refers to the shot, not to how many pebbles he was carrying. If he didn't kill Goliath, but merely wounded him, say, Goliath would be enraged. How long did David have?

According to Gladwell, he could easily have got off several more shots. Slings used by experts had considerable range. Enough to kill at up to 200 yards. An Israeli weapons expert estimated that from 35 meters away, the stone had as much as a "fair sized modern handgun" and it took about a second for the stone to reach Goliath at that range. The way Gladwell portrays it, it was pretty much a sure thing that David would win, given the choice of weapons: sword versus sling. Edo-period Japanese samurai despised the use of arrows and bullets rather than swords. They said "flying weapons are for cowards."
    You can read some of the technical details in the preview of the book
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BAXFAOW/ref=docs-os-doi_0
    See part 3 for technical details.