AlainCo Tech-watcher, admin
  • Male
  • from Villejuif
  • Member since Feb 9th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by AlainCo

I just talk of may as time to take vacations for many workers who have to empty their vacation "budget" until end of may, taking the advantage of many celebration days...

LENR-cities said they may have something to say in May, and last news in April was that things were advancing well... but who knows what can pass in the mind of corporate executives, researchers and investors...

I need to update

from all we have already, it seems those technology and the science behind are absolute strangers...

E-cat is based on hydride Cold Fusion, based on fleischmann&Pons ideas, with evolution toward gas permeation (Fralick), powders like Miley/Piantelli/Arata, Nickel/Hydrogen reaction as observed by Miley/Piantelli/Celani...

LeClair, beside his crazy announces of massive irradiation (he should be dead and the campus should be closed if his claims are right), is proposing Hot Fusion reactions in inertial confinment triggered by cavitation.

The few data I remember of Leclair don't give me a strong desire to investigate more...
    I'm busy enough with serious claims.

LENR-Cities ideas are not the romantic opensource vision (each company stay owning it's IP), but neither it is jungle.
    I'm not much competent in business organization, but that seem to be tribe tamed business, family business...

about the impact of cheap energy on unthinkable subjects there are many things to study, and sure even more we will never imagine.

Desalination is a very famous application, but simply water pumping, and water cleaning may be more accessible to poor countries.

take that technology od diamond electrodes for water treatment
    http://www.aquadiamante.com/en/facts.html
    A previous company (Adamant technologies, adamantec.com) get backrupt trying to find a market, despite the huge potential...

Imagine you can sell a boiler-sized water-purifier which need no wire for the price of a moped, without any chemical or fuel to buy.

who knows...

This article answers the frequention of why LENr is not accepted, assuming it is real...

Really an article to read...

and what he describe is really accute, especially the infighting, the apathy of media, the submissions of young scientists, the bad patents...
    I am less convinced by professional demonizer or oil barron, because simple incompetence, apathy, comfort, explain all...
    However I think that amateur defender of the official truth respect the methods of the worst disinformers, without any scruples, because they don't do it for money

It is there since march at least.

their approach is better explained, and you clearly see their idea it to make investor, researcher and entrepreneurs work together.

as far as I understand their key proposal is proposing a platform where you can be less afraid to work with others, because members have incentive to stay fair, and work with others on the platform...

This month is quiet in France (maybe less in Switzerland, but I suspect there is French business in the story), and the "news in may" will probably be late...

Jack Aganyan of Solar Hydrogen Trends Inc., contacted me and gave a reference to that articcle on PESN

http://pesn.com/2014/05/07/960…_SHT-Symphony-7A-Secrets/

Basically they confirm that they claim transformation of oxygen into hydrogen by LENr transmutation.
    They propose a theory, that I cannot judge.

My only knowledge is that normally oxygen to hydrogen should consume energy, not produce it.

They however propose something that i interpret as a one-way reaction, a neutron decay into proton (with electron and antineutrino)...

Basically, with the experience of Cold Fusion, I think theoretical question are premature, and that theory is not an excuse for a lack of experimental success, nor a reason to dismiss experimental success.

I don't imagine that this process violate basic rules of energy, but I won't be surprised, either that experiments show artifacts or faults, or that theory is wrong, or that we don't understand that in fact the usual laws of physics are respected despite our simplified vision (remember the reality of the wind-turbine car going faster than the wind)...
    So basically, we need first experimental reports with details, then respected third party report.

I'm ready to be surprised... :rolleyes:

Infinite Energy, the historical Cold Fusion editor, led initially by Eugene Mallove publish an overview of the recent 2014 MIT Colloquium on cold fusion, celebrating 25 years anniversary of Fleischmann&Pons conference.

http://www.infinite-energy.com…e/issue115/mitcolloq.html

The two article, the one of Infinite Energy by Frazier, as the one by Dolan , covers most of the presentations and are good to understand the main ideas discussed there.

The claims of Uranium core is not matching what geophysicist have estimated from seismic waves, and the production of heat by earth is not very dense (note than sun itself produce less energy than E-cat or fission reactors)...
    Anyway if the theory can be checked... I'm not optimistic, but this can be a research axis.

I will try to stay serious 8| .

The first rule I caught about LENR is that you should not use theory to challenge evidence (say, it cannot be true because the theory disagree, or because their theory is absurd).

However when there is no evidence, even with a good theory,.... should stay cautious.

Theory is good to predict the result when you have no data. (which is ...the case here :S ).

When you have evidence that challenge theory, the only things to do is to do more experiments to find the mistakes or the new theory (or else some practical usage, which is unscientific and rational).

Now about QEG... I try to stay.... :saint:

I asked JSH for obtaining a clear witnessing...
    It would be nice to have another witness report...

There is already many report of such meltdown, or long heat after death, like with Mizuno heat after death, Levi&al report of melted ceramics in E-cat after runaway, the JP Biberian cell explosion.

I think there was a review of such explosion. I remembered of JP Biberian, but maybe I'm wrong....
    EDIT:
    just found that paper of X. Zhang (Beijing)
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ZhangXontheexplo.pdf

Beside that, there is a report of a classic non LENR deadly explosion at SRI
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/IkegamiHthirdinter.pdf#page=147
    because of many mistakes and bad luck.

On E-cat world, there is an interesting comment about a Cold Fusion Lecture in Virginia
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2014…ginia/#comment-1367826025

Quote from "J Storrs Hall "

The talk seems to have gone over quite well. There was one unexpected bonus: after I described the Fleischmann/Pons "meltdown" (foot-sized hole in lab bench, 4-inch hole in concrete floor), it turns out that there was a retired professor in the audience who had been at UU at the time and had actually seen it.
    Cheers!

This episode was well described by Charles Beaudette in his book "Excess Heat", in Chapter 3:
    http://iccf9.global.tsinghua.edu.cn/lenr home page/acrobat/BeaudetteCexcessheat.pdf#page=65

That episode is discussed in that paper published in :
    Fleischmann, M., S. Pons, and M. Hawkins, “Electrochemically Induced Nuclear Fusion of Deuterium,” (Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 261, April 10, 1989), p. 301.

We have to report here that under the conditions of the last experiment, even using D2O alone, a substantial portion of the cathode fused (melting point 1544ºC), part of it vapourised, and the cell and contents and a part of the fume cupboard housing the experiment were destroyed.

Sometimes, it is hard to imagine that nearly nobody admit LENR reality...
    Mainstream position is tinfoil hat conspiracy, no less.

:cursing:

Infinite energy published a book review with very interesting Interview, about the last book of Mats Lewan : "An Impossible Invention".

There is an interview of Mats Lewan, who answer general question on LENR coverage, on his feeling about E-cat, Rossi, and Defkalion.

Beside that interview, there is a good book review, by IE editor, but also by Michael McKubre, Brian Josephson and Jed Rothwell.

There is much to read, but some is know to people following the subject since long. I caught that paragraph from Michael McKubre that resonate well with my sad feelings:

This book anticipates that awareness and significantly shapes it.The change-averse Luddites, sadly many in the physics community, will continue to delay and resist.
    As Tolstoy warned us (read the book) history has shown, and this book reinforces, that no test, no result, no analysis, no data and no theory can effectively change this reactionary mindset. Working machines can effect this change by avoiding the self-perpetuating gatekeepers.

At caltech Theater Art find funny to bash Cold Fusion without getting informed...

http://www.pasadenanow.com/mai…e-driven-plays-at-caltech

Theater Arts at Caltech Presents MACH 33: The Festival of New Science-Driven Plays at Caltech
    Theater Arts at Caltech announces the third annual Festival of New Science-Driven Plays at Caltech: a series of staged readings of three science-based plays. The first play in this year’s Festival tells the story of one of the first female astronauts in the US; the second play examines physics, family, and fraud; and the third play dramatizes the discovery and debunking of “cold fusion.” For more information, visit http://tacit.caltech.edu/Mach33/

:cursing: People should know, after reading the book Excess Heat of Charles Beaudette (Read it!!! :thumbup: ) that most guiltiness of F&P lynching to be be put on caltech and nathan Lewis (who persist in his delusion).

Dr. David Goodstein, Vice-Provost at Caltech, did not participate in the Baltimore meeting nor in the preparation for it. His assessment of it, however, written five years later, articulated precisely its principal achievement. He wrote,

It there a way to remotely send tomatoes :evil: ? well ripe, not to wound anybody :saint: !

ah the tea kettle fallacy...

They are not competent enough to compute heat emission with less than 500% error... 8|

I imagine that they moaned also on the water flow test, on the steam test, ... The advantage of IR cam is that there is less room for tricks to imagine... In water test there is more hidden parts, and questions, thus more place to hide doubt.

200C of temperature difference is hard to miss, even for someone dishonest and incompetent...
    Water is better because you can critic many thing, that innocent people will not understand.

Interesting move.
    It seems less and less people are afraid of the consensus, and feel that it is good time for their coming-out.

I notice that people who have worked on Fleischman&Pons paper do not follow the consensus...

It remind me the fact, read in An Impossible Invention, that two actors having worked around Petroldragon technology followed him in his E-cat adventure : Fioravanti and Cassandra Oil...

as if being aware of the reality, having access to the data, make you trust more than having only hearsay and consensus report.

The OpenPower initiative launched by Ugo Abundo, based on Hydrobetatron project is moving.

http://www.hydrobetatron.org/

They announce the annual conference: Coherence 2014 this April 28th 2014

They propose a new design of reactor for testing, folloing Hydrobetatron , the ITABetatron :

they also show new results, with some pulsed energy captured from an Hydrobetatron...
    In don't understand all, but it remind me the claim of Blacklight power.