AlainCo Tech-watcher, admin
  • Male
  • from Villejuif
  • Member since Feb 9th 2014

Posts by AlainCo

Sterling allan participated a test and raise the red flag :thumbdown:
    http://revolution-green.com/hy…-production-breakthrough/

More and more reason to stick to E-cat, real third party tests (where testers can install instruments, change setup, control knobs), and serious reference like Elforsk...
    The time will be bad when LENR will appear to be the next El-Dorado and a long lane of carpet bagger will try to fool the desperate investors.

We should not forget also that what real science have validated about LENR, is anomalous heat and transmutation in hydrides. nothing more.

Today a crowdfunding initiative to fund Focus Fusion is making the buzz and catch sympathy, and fly on the ignorance that the problem is very probably solved by Rossi.

Now, given the available data about Elforsk test, the test in process that is from the point of view of focus a HUGE RISK...
    Why does the Focus Fusion proponents don't raise warning for the crowdfunders ?

Would they be classic IPO, they would go to jail not to remind the investors that a competitor is nor far from carpet bombing their market.

Would it be imaginable that when that project will sure collapse because of E-cat, some investors sue the proponents for what look like a desperate scam ...

They even talk of Cold Fusion, parroting the Wikipravda lies, but can you sincerely believe they are not aware of what is happening in Sweden?
    Would that be constitutive to a scam accusation ?

Can you imagine they are enough stupid and incompetent, if not to accept E-cat reality from previous tests, at least to admit there is a risk that requires to be published to investors ?

Ok, I'm joking, :thumbup: they are not stupid, not bandits, but self-disinformed, lost in Groupthink, avoiding dissenting data.
    Of course the money will be wasted... But wasted according to an academic consensus.
    They are the Lehman Brothers of energy.
    They are yet another Madoff of science, and they don't even know it.
    Comparison between Science and Finance is more and more clear:

It is exactly as consensual as Subprime financial bubble... Science is becoming deluded as Finance.

However the investor should sue them for scam, because all the data are public, and they clearly ignore real data... There is huge opportunity for attorneys :whistling: .

This comment gives much information
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2013…hread/#comment-1400039512

Quote from "pelgrim108"

The adress of Etiam is the adress of Micronova , a center where university and companies share a facility for nano fabrication and research.( last updated january 2013)

http://www.micronova.fi/micronova_in_brief/companies-002/

He also talks of Picosun Oy, leading company on Atomic Layer Deposition,for whom Dr Kai-Erik Elers was working as Technical application manager.

the was few announces on the old forum
    http://www.lenr-forum.com/old-…umdisplay.php?85-Etiam-Oy

about funding they made announce in 2013

Quote from "Etiam Oy"

Etiam has secured funding from Foundation for Finnish Inventions to design and manufacture reactor systems for LENR applications.

Pekka Janhunen made that comment

Quote from "Pekka Janhunen"

Thanks. Concerning Etiam, the little what I know is consistent with them being serious. The “Keksintösäätiö” (Foundation for Finnish Inventions) from which they tell they received some funding is a state funding organisation whose mandate is to help inventors in the early phase by covering the first patent fees.

The thread on their patent shows a new light, after Defkalion tragedy, lowing any risk of competition.
    http://www.lenr-forum.com/old-…ranted-to-Finish-Etiam-Oy

It seems their patent is genuine...

We should see how they evolve... Nothing much proven yet : just a fair patent, and moderate claims of funding... Open situation, with no red light.

Today Etiam Oy, a Finnish LENr startup, (who run LENR-info.com), published today a news claiming they secured a private funding round.
    The amount is not listed.
    It is raising more questions than giving answers.
    Is it a small amount to start research? or bigger amount to buy license? or amount for applications development ?

Etiam Ltd. has secured a private funding round for further development of the LENR technology. "We are very pleased to close new financing round and grateful to our new financiers. This enables us to continue fascinating and challenging development of the LENR technology targeting on commercial applications," states Dr. Elers, Chairman of Etiam Ltd.

It will be good, but not enough.
    It seems the DC, HF voltage will be addressed. Flow calorimetry ?

Skeptics are currently destabilized, but now the motto I hear is that after Defkalion tragedy ( X( )that no test can be trusted... it is simpler. :(

Anyway businessmen will be interested, and since no authority will agree, few will dare like Tom Darden to do another test themselves. It seems some are already interested by LENR.

you make good points,
    But to be realist, the hard-skeptics can be good observer when it serves their cause, and absolutely blind when it oppose their cause.

The problem is that on many points they propose absurdities, and in the mass of crappy conspiracy theory, they have few good points.
    Most of them are dead clock which are right twice a day.

Other points is that if they raised possible problems, they also did not have strong evidence, just suspicions. The problem is that they would suspect their mother to be their father if it could support their beliefs.

That demo was a demo, a pony show, this mean proving nothing, not even failure.

There was good remarks, from people who probably had data from Luca Gamberale (like Cimpy), but it was hard to check, by design.
    Since the beginning it was clearly not a third party test.
    As I said multiple time, we could not condemn them, but sure we needed more data, on the water flow, on the quantity of water used to cool the steam. I computed that few liter per minute was required to condensate all the steam claimed, and Mats said he visually estimated it was much less... but there was so many variable, like condensing in copper tube, in the sewer... Impossible to have a definitive opinion, and given the past bias of skeptics I could not trust their claims about whether something is possible or not.

There was doubt on the HV supply, but again not enough data since only apparent current was measured. In the report Luca confirm the electric measurement were good however. The skeptics were wrong that time, like on most of their claims.

After few month of no answers to Luca, things get scary. When Symeon left the company, when Luca closed DE, it get very scary, but until recently we could not do more than suspect or fear. That time like many I have great doubt but no evidence.

When Luca Gamberale published that it was badly done, we had, at last, data. The fact that Defkalion answered nothing since 9 month clearly shows they cannot face the facts and it gives strong reason to trust that very expensive report that costed 1million to DE.

The most annoying evidence was the Nelson report, that was not definitive. The real error was to consider it as an evidence of a moderate COP>3, while the author confirmed it was preliminary, and nothing was done after.

I don't know if Nelson was fooled like they tried with Luca, and in the report you find reason to hope he avoid to be tricked the same way, but no certainty... and nothing exclude others tricks.
    What Luca denounce is enough to abandon all trust in that test.

There was also many warning from various actors, like Jed or Stremmenos, but in that domain it is always hard to separate passion, commercial interest, manipulations, nationalism, gut feeling, experience, and good intuition. Moreover if you look at Rossi's story, or Wright brothers story, there are many catastrophes and stupid mistakes that could be badly interpreted.

Just read the paper of Pomp&Ericsson, and you will see that most of the critics are pathetic, hiding or missing the few good points, like DC offset, in a web of conspiracy theory. Re-read the article against Andrea Rossi, and compare to recent knowledge and data... It is not lies, it is disinformations, biased presentation of many real facts and some inventions.

I disagree mainly about skeptics, as they are of so much bias and irrationality that they are more an obstacle than an help to debunking. They push careful observers to be radical, emotional, to behave like attorneys and not like judge, as they behave like a desperate death-row attorney.

Find something that, before Luca's report, they said on Defkalion, that was not already said on Rossi. They are constant output function.

Once we have honest critics that admit facts, and raise concerns with moderation, admitting they are not sure, it would be easier to separate the sure good from the possibly bad. That is what we are missing the most, moderate critics, moderate supporters...

This is a reason to hear the opinion of Jed Rothwell who expressed various skepticism but not absolute certainty, and avoided usual fallacies.

I admit I screw up badly, trusting DGT without any serious contacts with them, despite few alarms,despite no delivery, despite many stupid announces, at the same time being very skeptic against Andrea Rossi whom I treated quite unfairly.

If some remind, I consider about industrial LENR actors that there are only 3 interesting evidence :

• Levi's report, the best one, which beside DC offset question is solid. (unless Rossi is stupid like DGT, injecting DC that one of the physicist can measure with a 5$ voltmeter is not credible). I hope next one will be rock solid.
    • Tanzella's (of SRI) paper presented at ICCF17 showing COP of 2 for Brillouin WET reactor. Not really 3rd party, as SRI and Brillouin work together, but quire credible given SRI is not a scam artist.
    • The Nelson "preliminary" report showing a COP of 3 for Hyperion... This report is confirmed but not definitive, not detailed, not very independent, and now I consider it as possible pony-show. To be removed from the list.

Beside that you have numerous scientific articles, which let no doubt about the reality of the phenomenon with PdD, but little hope of short-term application. this is a separate question.

Treat Defkalion as a fraud until proven otherwise.

good position.
    Not definitive, but the chance are weak. I hope peace came back in Afghanistan and Defkalion publish a stoneproof report.

I'm cautious because 2 years ago, Rossi and Defkalion credibility were reverse (except for some old ape like Jed who had unofficial reports)... Things change.

Hopefully we have E-cat report coming. I hope Defkalion tricks will not weaken E-cat report

there is two reasonable possibilities :
    - either it did not work at all as they desired to show (either null, or small), and they organized a pony show to fool Gamberale
    - or they realized it was temporarily broken , and they used a known trick to save the show.

Like you, the first hypothesis seems the most reasonable.

Anyway we are not sure. there are also others hypothesis that I don't judge credible, but who knows.

I am less sure, but globally, except on self-confidence, we probably agree.

We may only disagree about who organized the manipulation, because from report on vortex and indirect report, and despite/because the opinion of most observers, I have an opinion of a possible sociopath behind the story.

Just see who lost his money. and thing of individual, not of company.
    Fraud are done by people (sometime in group), not by companies.

It may even work, and in that case question is who decided those stupid acts.
    I always have been cautious with companies like Blacklight, but clearly Defkalion is now below in term of credibility.

I know they are accused with good evidence to have fooled Lucan gamberale...

they claim they have anyway a technology... It looks strange, but if they can prove it seriously like Rossi is doing it and preparing it better, that will be ok...

I won't say it is probable, but what I know is that this company is complicated, so anything is possible, not excluding good things... I ask for good evidence... They approached MFMP for test. Given the backlog, I ask for good test.

Moreover the protocol can be used for others.

Interesting vision.
    I have a tendency to blame short-term vision, demagogy, incompetence, comfort, lasiness, as explanation for stupid geostrategic decision.

Many economist consider US behavior as a junkie addicted to keynesian central bank money, refusing to stop, and increasing dose to avoid withdrawal.
    some interpret it similarly French and alike government, who cannot manipulate their currency, as addicted to debt.

I interpret all that tragedy and bias, like in Syria, Libya, as conformism and groupthink initiated by human-rightism without geopolitical competence not political competence.

Maidan place coup-d'etat was treated like a victory, while it was breaking the rule. You can compare that with the way an illegal referendum of autodetermination was treated...
    Both are illegal but there is a scale of horror to respect, at least formally.

now seeing Blackwater soldier of democracy help the axis of Good, and that axis of good blocking a river to starve Crimea from water, I know that media are not more honest on Ukraine tha on Cold Fusion. Putin is not my kind of Hero, but I'm afraid what he said with effective propaganda and great art of war, is anyway partially real. Like in Syria and Lybia, I'm afraid there is no good option.

I proposed a method to make that kind of third party test, mixing 3rd party test with chosen instruments and method, with an iterative approach to address pathoskeptical, and real critics.

on MFMP site Robert Greenyer say they have been contacted by Defkalion to test they next generation reactor.

http://www.quantumheat.org/ind…ells-running#comment-5029

Quote from "Robert Greenyer"

We were made aware of the potential MFMP invite to test the new v.6 Hyperion reactor about 1 week ago through a 3rd party. The expected time frame would be in 3 months. No direct approach has been made, nor has any agreement been made.We would only work within the Live Open Science methodology. We are not interested in the reactor internals and so see no reason to sign any form of NDA - nor would we participate in any test if there was any restriction on fair reporting or our ongoing research flexibility.If we were to take part, we would look to develop the test structure and procedure through open dialogue via quantumheat.org site, taking on best practices to resolve the outstanding criticisms - challenging experiment apparatus design and protocols. We would also expect to execute a blank and other control tests as demanded to establish credibility.We would also only perform the tests if independently financed with funds over and above those resources committed to our established research.We await to be formally approached.

The initial news came from Dr Bob (the LENR Dog ;) ), meeting Peter Gluck.
    http://www.drboblog.com/dr-bob-transylvania/

Quote from "Dr Bob"

The R6 was supposed to be demonstrated during the seminar at MIT earlier this year. Defkalion hopes to be able to make another demonstration within 3 months and they are interested in having scientists from MFMP (The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project) to perform some of the tests.

MFMP is working very (VERY) openly to verify or debunk different Cold Fusion technologies and because of their open approach there is some details that needs to be sorted out. Defkalion wants MFMP to sign an NDA- it`s a legal document that expresses what MFMP is allowed to speak, or not, speak about.

This is maybe a good news, the good reaction to the Luca Gamberale report if Defkalion have something to show.
    We have to wait for the real thing as Defkalion have often proposed and never delivered.

Success is not to exclude, as failure is too.

Rossi is out of the danger zone from data we have, and is Third-party supported, with 3rd party publicly supporting them.
    Defkalion never reach that zone.

Brillouin is still in research phase, but with SRI support one can eliminate the clear scam.
    However until now all we have is a COP>2. they behave seriously, and I aven suspect from SRI/DoD links that they are the US horse in the race.

Mills just propose tiny 3rd party results and evident exaggerations. At least it is clear.

Many others actors are in more or less early research (Lenuco, Piantelli,Celani), and some like LENR-Cities, LENR-Invest, LENR-cars, Cryofusion, MFMP, are in pure research phase.

Lewis Larsen Founder of Lattice Energy LLC just published a very interesting Slideshare about how can LENR change the way the poor communitie, diconnected, powerless, can take advantage of LENR Rovolution to benefit from a distributed and dense energy. He start by describing the evolution of electric energy, the centralized grid, it's improvement but also it's limits. This is a really visionary description of the energy landscape after LENR deployment.

Lattice Energy LLC - Connecting the Unconnected and Empowering the Powerless - May 12 2014 from Lewis Larsen I'm quite skeptical about Widom-Larsen theory that Lewis Larsen promote with much talent, but too few moderation, however his vision of the future of energy here is to be followed without moderation. If one can be afraid things get less positively, it is at least a promotion of good usage for the future.

I just found that report about fund raising by LENR-Invest

http://form-d.findthebest.com/…85/Lenr-Invest-Fund-I-LLC

"LENR-Invest Fund I, LLC" seems managed by LENR Invest LLC in michigan, while there is another swiss avatar LENR Invest SA.

LENR-Invest is partner of LENR-Cities, since may 2013.
    In April they acquired LENRProof, the site of "Tyler Van Houwelingen", the president of the LENR invest LLC.

In the management team you find Tyler as CEO, and Antoine Guillemin the partner of Nicolas Chauvin for LENR-Cars.
    I don't know who is Michael Halem ...

In their investment they cite, LENR-cars SA (a startup by Nicolas Chauvin and Antoine Guillemin to build LENR cars), LENRProof.com, and also Brillouin Energy.

Note that LENR-Cities announced something for May, and guess why I have an idea of what the money is for. :rolleyes: (hope so).

The report of Luca Gamberale published on Mats site
    http://animpossibleinvention.f…y-demo-140502-english.pdf
    is really clear.

The demo is broken, and it is hard to imagine it was not on purpose...

now the question is why...
    there is the evident and sad hypothesis, but also many others...
    Among the less tragic hypothesis, you can have a fear of industrial spying (I know DGT is paranoid about that, and maybe not for bad reasons).
    You can also imagine a nasty way to break a partnership, not so different from the way they broke with Rossi...
    2 years of delusion is hard to swallow, as Luca shows that in few time they proposed a solid way to make a good calorimetry.
    General scam is hard to swallow, but desperate reaction to technical problems is common with startups.

The good news in the article is that Defkalion now admit only to have 5 clients and no money transferred. This looks more realistic.

I am sure now that any company working with Defkalion will do a solid "Due Dilligence". :whistling:

I can only hope that they will prove their technology, and good calorimetry will be required. X(