Majorana Member
  • Member since Jan 12th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Majorana

Even though automated translation to Russian is kind of crooked, I think that main idea of the question is clear to Alexander Grigorievich Parkhomov: What if we bypass electric means of heating the reactor all together and use black coal instead, as one…

Right, maybe than after the reactions have started one could also try to remove the chemical heat source (coal or any other exothermic compound) and encase the reactor with a thermal insulation.

Since the insulation can be adjusted the reactor should than, after the reactions have started, even run without any external power input. No matter if it is of chemical or electrical origin.

@Alexander Parkhomov
    What do you think about this?

@FactBits
    Thank you very much for your translation!

Thermal equilibrium would mean that the thermal power generated by the reactor equals the dissipated power. Which ,in practice, means that once the reactor has been heated to its working temperature, say 1100°C, The heater could be switched off and a radiation shield could be positioned around the reactor.

If a shield would be chosen in such a way that the power it transmits equals the power generated by the reactor due to nuclear transmutations, then the Temperature of the reactor would stay 1100° C and the transmitted heat could be used to heat circulating water.

boiling water or pressurized water design.

This could be achieved by a radiation shield ( maybe as simple as a highly reflecting aluminium foil? )

Of course you are right that a well adjusted control system would have to measure internal temperature and change the position of the foil in order to keep the temperature at a predefined value.

But this has to be done because it is desirable to have a fixed output power and less variations.

I, however, do not think that this has to be done because of a nuclear safety issue.

My hypothesis is: The nuclear reactions stop as soon as the Nickel crystallites melt, which makes this technology even more attractive.

I would like to discuss what you think about switching off the heater and letting the reactor run at thermal equilibrium with a proper thermal insulation?

Since the reactions are confined to the solid phase of the Nickel lattice, there should be no exponential chain reactions as it is the case for uranium.

Therefore if the temperature of the reactor increases above 1455 ° C ( melting point under atmospheric pressure probably higher because of the hydrogen pressure?) the reactions should stop.

The explosions we have seen in the Martin Fleischmann Memorial project are of chemical origin.

@ [lexicon]Alexander Parkhomov[/lexicon]
    What do you think?

Kind regards!

@ [lexicon]Alexander Parkhomov[/lexicon]

Я рад услышать от вас что подразумевает , что вы хорошо и здоровым я надеюсь!

Может быть, вы правы, и ни в магнитном ни электрические поля , необходимые для запуска реакции в отличие от того, что сказал Росси .

Что вы думаете о попытке нагрева реактора с каменного угля ? Если поставляется достаточно кислорода будет также гореть при 1000 ° С .
    Даже больше, если вы поставлять достаточно кислорода.

Таким образом, мы могли бы избавиться от магнитного поля, генерируемого нагревательной спирали и выяснить, если мы просто должны вход тепловой энергии , чтобы зажечь реакцию !

Александр I использовал переводчик в интернете. Может быть, это плохо. Извините. :)

Я не вижу необходимости в магнитном поле

I am glad to hear from you which implies you are fine and healthy I hope!

Maybe you are right and neither magnetic nor electric fields are needed to start the reactions in contrast to what Rossi said.

What do you think about trying to heat the reactor with black coal? If supplied with enough oxygen it will also burn at 1000°C.
    Even more if you supply enough oxygen.

This way we could get rid of the magnetic field generated by the heater coil and find out if we just need thermal power input to ignite the reactions!

I would like to ask a question to [lexicon]Alexander Parkhomov[/lexicon], if he is still around in this Forum:

In your last experiment you used Direct Current to drive your heater coil, thus you proved that Rossi was wrong when he was saying that
    "specific electromagnetic pulses" with a frequency spectrum shown in the lugano report are needed to start the reactions.

Thus, could it be possible to generate the static magnetic field by a permanent magnet and isolate the reactor so that it runs without electrical input power? This would be much more convincing.

Kind regards!

The experiment is very interesting but there is one question that remains why could they not stop the electric heating and then watch the fusion reaction going on. Stop the heating process after the reaction starts. 1200 Watt excess heat is reported…

Quote from shaslund: “Heindl, there are also indications that the reaction need some kind of electromagnetic stimulus to continue and/or being controlled. Without the electric input the reaction might just stop or runaway.”

I love your comment…

Parkhomov already proved that radio frequency pulses and time-dependent fields in general are not important for the reactions! Different to what Rossi told us. Maybe Rossi just wanted to disinform all his competitors.

Parkhomov did not use the pulses shown in the lugano report. He used direct current to drive the heating coil therefore there were no electromagnetic waves being generated just a static magnetic field, which could of course play a role in the reactions. But this means the heater can be replaced by a helmholtz coil or a strong permanent magnet.

Thus, Heindl is completely right.

@Alexander Parkhomov

Could you try to build a hull to isolate radiation and convection and then see if the reactions will continue?

Quote from Majorana: “But that's the catch! This is not going to happen without enough people trying to convince professors at a university to replicate the experiment.”
    Possible.
    But in my oppinion the right way to convince university scientists is…

I hope you are right! That would be great. I think this is becoming off topic, but: Did the MFMP say which universities they want to send the reactors to?

Quote from Majorana: “
    A working "ecat" was installed by Rossi at a factory side of a company. They are reporting that it is working.”
    But this is still only "Rossi said...". We still can only trust what Rossi says. We don't have…

You can forget about Rossi, but Parkhomov proved it.

Of course I agree, undoubtable proof means you either do the experiment yourself or a "renowned" university is doing it and publishing a paper in a "renowned" journal.

But that's the catch! This is not going to happen without enough people trying to convince professors at a university to replicate the experiment.

They all have their own research in some other field and LENR is discredited as being complete physical non-sense. Even daring to do an experiment related with LENR is putting your career at a risk. So no one dares.

What I think what is important is: We need first undoubtable proof from serious professional experiments.
    First if we have this, we can show it around. We have nothing to show to convince people. So we can not go on the street to demonstrate.

Otherwise…

You are asking for a hatchling but you don't want to breed the egg.

There won't be any experiment if we don't raise awareness. People will simply continue to ignore LENR.

The situation is intricated: There is already serious proof. Alexander Parkhomov is an experienced physicist. I think he should find renowned scientists who are willing to observe his aparratus.

@me356

We don't just have indications.

A working "ecat" was installed by Rossi at a factory side of a company. They are reporting that it is working.

Maybe more importantly an experienced physicist proved that a mixture of lialh4 and Ni is emitting heat which does not originate from chemical reactions.

1g emitted 2 kW so 1000 kg will emit 2 GW just as the largest nuclear plants do.

We already arrived at the last phase you are speaking of: The technology is ready for industrial R&D and a large scale prototype but it is hidden.

Dear Everyone,

the final rejection of Rossi's patent should be the final sign for us that we have to act in order to raise awareness about LENR. We have to express our will that an official university has to replicate the experiment.

The claim of the demonstration:

A renowned university shall replicate the experiment of Alexander Parkhomov to verify or falsify the results.

I want to start a demonstration in Cologne and it would be great if we could organize demos at other places as well!

I constantly hear people stating that the development is difficult because it took Rossi many years.

It is actually relatively simple!

There is NO need for shielding against radioactivity.

There is seemingly(!) no risk of uncontrolled chain reactions because the reactions are bound to the solid state. A melting of Ni is halting the reactions!

So why are you saying it is more difficult than building a fission reactor?

It is evidently not.

Rossi is a good chemist. But he is neither a physicist nor a nuclear engineer nor an electrical engineer.

He is one person and his company is ridiculous.

Just because it took him many years it does not mean the development is difficult in general given all available resources of the world.

Now, one can ask why should we use all available resources.

Well, because this technology is probably the most important of the first half of this century.

And it is important for each and everyone of us. Seriously... renewable energies will not save us. It occupies too much area and does not leave enough room for 10+x billion people. The energy density is too small.

So I ask why should we NOT use all available resources?!!!

Forget about the f**** Mars missions while there is still hunger and starvation and far too expensive energy here.

We are not talking about the new iPhone, damn it!

This technology has new dimension of importance.

@me356

I was talking about these kind of demonstrations

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonstration_(protest)

Recently Rossi meade a comment answering about how hot was the room where the experiment was performed. I think that it would add to the comprehension of the materials and methods if a description of the room ventilation and temperature could be added to…

It's actually not that dramatic because what counts is the dissipated thermal power. It was about 2 kW. ( Keep in mind the device generated 1 .5 MWh within 32 days).

The plasmas that can be generated by femtosecond laser pulses reach temperature of several 1.000.000 °C, e.g they are hotter than the interior of the sun, but the thermal power emitted by them is negligibly small compared to, say, an ordinary heater which runs at a temperature of below 100 °C.

By the way, an ordinary heater located in a 30 m² room emits a power of about 3 kW to 4 kW so even more, than the Rossi TEST reactor

The astonishing thing is the amount of the fuel. 8o .
    -

It is an interesting idea, but it is very difficult to develope a reactor.
    We see that Rossi took years to reach the good performance, reliability, from a non negligible budget.

There is others direction to help LENr to develop.

One is to raise…

I tried lobbying and I even spoke to some official from the ministry of economy but he redirected me to the (scepticistic) science community. "I should convince a professor
    to do the experiments again..." he said... although Parkhomov already proved it without doubt.

If people really wanted it, probably within 5-10 years we could all be using this technology. This way it will take decades and damage to our environment will already be too severe.

OH really? It's fake?

Seems more to me that Celani is another person who was intimidated by governments and oil tycoons etc.

Dear oil-tycoons if you read this:

You may intimidate or even kill as many of us as you want, in the end, you will lose your money.

The emergence of this technology cannot be stopped by you. It can only be slowed down.

Parkhomov proved: It is not difficult to build the reactor. At least not for professional researchers and engineers.

Rossi wanted us to think so, yes. There is only one reason why this technology is not spread already. Rossi has not started to sell the reactors because he is forced to withhold. He is forced to "integrate" the ecat into the market. As he continues to say in his blog. And in this case "integrate" is just a circumscription to say: People, I am forced to restrain my work by the oil tycoons. They want to stay billionaires and multi-millionaires by polluting our environment and destroying the future of our children.

This technology does not just have the potential to "integrate", it has the potential to completely destroy and rebuild the market.

Some powerful, very powerful people don't want to lose their invested money in oil technology.

We need real street demonstrations.

Dear all,

i am thinking that now since Alexander Parkhomov demonstrated a working reactor showing all it's internal components.

If Mr. Parkhomov is willing to help and advise with his knowledge (I suppose he will be stopped by the russian government who want to force him to work for them and keep everything secret from now on), we could do the following:

Why shouldn't we try to mobilize as many people as possible who are willing to donate and work together to build a large reactor, that is actually capable of supplying electrical power and that we open to the public so everyone who is interested can come and convince him/herself of it's operation?

What better way could there be to convince all the sceptics?

We have to ask different groups who will probably show interest, like greenpeace and so on.

Let us start advertising and send thousands of e-mails and letters.

After all we have seen so far we have to make sure that the heat insulation is good enough to keep the reactor at thermal equilibrium with dE_generated/dt=dE_dissipated/dt and T=const.

Then the temperature of the reactor will not drop and the reaction rate should remain constant.

We have to think about whether to choose a boiling water or pressurized water reactor design.