Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

That is interesting, given that J.M. Products voluntarily dissolved in July. I wonder who is paying the rent in Doral? Was that rented by Rossi and subleased to himself? Maybe he is now a squatter. It would be fun to see him evicted

Jed,

"REPORT OF THE EXPERIMENT MADE ON MARCH 7 2017 IN THE LABORATORY OF THE FACTORY OF LEONARDO CORPORATION

Address of the site: 7861 NW 46th St., Doral, Florida, 33139 USA Participants to the experiment: Carl-Oscar Gullström, Dr Andrea Rossi"

As you can see, Leonardo is now headquartered in the Doral warehouse. Big move up from Rossi's Miami Beach condo...movers must have been busy! Rental income on those condo's he bought for the cancer victims must be paying well. :)

Leonardo's official website "Ecat.com" is still hosted by Hydrofusion, and it still shows Leonardo's address as his condo. Siffer...you need to stay up on this! And when are you going to start talking? Your 2 weeks is up.

There is NO relation beetween Petroldragon and ECAT. The two stories are completely different.

In Italy Rossi was persecuted by corrupt elements of the Guardia di Finanza.

Ele,

Considering you do not think Doral was a scam, and I know it was, it does not surprise me that we disagree on Petroldragon vs Ecat. While there may be a huge difference in terms of the claimed technology between Petroldragon -a biomass conversion technology that was cutting edge at the time, and the Ecat -cutting edge NiH LENR even now, there are similarities in what I would call Rossi's "modus operandi", as I pointed out above.

Both a novel, advanced technology for their time, that would greatly alter the world's geopolitical energy landscape if real. Yet, in both cases Rossi...the ever tireless worker, save the planet type, suffered disloyalties by partners (Italy/IH), and refused selling his product and making billions so that the "dark forces could not buy and then bury the technology".

Opting instead to develop his products alone so as to "protect the IP", and in the process making a real mess of it. While Rossi has twice now (3 times if you count the DOD TE's) missed out on converting his inventions into the billions that, if legitimate, they rightly deserved -making him perhaps the most incompetent inventor/businessman ever, he has developed a knack for convincing juries, and fans with his David vs Goliath, overcoming diversity themes.

Rossi could have easily avoided much of his legal mess in Italy had he simply proven his biomass plant worked as he said it would. He could have arranged for a team of experts to attend a test, with the public/reporters invited, and if it worked, the prosecutor would have almost no case. But Rossi did not do that. Almost the exact same scenario with his Ecat. After Doral, all he had to do to resolve the dispute with IH, and get his $89 million...quickly followed by billions more, was to prove it worked, So simple.

Ele/SSC,

Were Rossi/IH happily making billions now off Ecat sales, or had Rossi started selling the LT 1MW's after the settlement, we would not be discussing Rossi's prior history now. Whatever it was, and however messy, it would no longer be an issue other than for the history books. He would just be another crazy inventor with a colorful past.

As it is though, he shelved his proven Ecat model that had been laboriously developed for 6 years, industrially certificated, ready for market, all because it is now "obsolete", and "customers want the QX now instead". So naturally his past comes back under scrutiny after such a bone headed move as that. And it is not very pretty.

I looked up Rossi's version of Petroldragon on his:

http://andrea-rossi.com/rossi-invention-publication/

and note below in " " some of the common emotional appeal themes he employed with both Petroldragon, and the Ecat/IH/Doral:

Free energy (Ecat): "Rossi had built a facility that could generate several tons of fuel oil every single day. The plant was self-sustaining, generating its own energy for all processes. And, he could produce this oil boom for 30% less than fossil fuels."

Tirelessly working to save planet (worked 18 hours a day at Doral): "Rossi’s ability to work long, exhausting hours in unpopular matters resulted in a process and product that could save the planet from the waste and abuse of Man."

Dark forces wanting his IP (Rossi refused working with NASA/Boeing/NI because of IP fears): "Industries all over Italy clamored for one of his biomass plants. Several times, Rossi discovered that potential partners were only trying to buy his technology in order to bury it."

Loyalty not returned (IH giving his tech to competitors): "President Jimmy Carter offered him a lifetime visa to come to the United States and bring his technology with him. But, Rossi chose to remain faithful to his home country. It’s too bad his country did not share such loyalty. Almost from the beginning, he would find evidence of sabotage in various plants."

I love this last one because it may be Rossi's cover for his gold smuggling operation. It is funny how he slips this into his story. It is like -hey, BTW Petroldragon also produced gold. Anyway, here is the quote from his website: "Ever the entrepreneur, when Rossi discovered that silver and gold were obtained through the refining process, he began a jewelry business. That proved to be a mistake, because the government saw that as a form of tax evasion."

So Rossi admits having had heavy demand for Petroldragon's technology back then, and we know he had heavy demand for the Ecat, yet for both techs he made no money because of IP fears, disloyalty, dark forces against him, etc...convenient excuses if you ask me, for covering up the fact that both technologies were scams.

Don't tell me you've never smuggled a few goodies inside your flight bag!

LOLs. Of course we did, but we went by different rules than the common folk. Understandable, considering we were vetted in the hiring process, and annually background checked. Even customs went easy on us, and we could usually slip as many bottles of that great French seasonal Beaujolais nouveau (another edit) in our bags as it could hold.

Edit: But not gold! Oddly, at TWA we actually had one pilot in the 80's caught smuggling gold between Egypt and Europe.

SSC,

It is hard to figure out the Petroldragon scandal. Having been immersed in Rossisays for 6 year I am very familiar with it. It seems on the one hand a slam dunk as the evidence clearly implicates Rossi, but on the other hand he went through a couple trials, and he was acquitted each time. So, I can see both sides to the argument. However, after reading the IH/Rossi court documents, I now lean towards his being guilty. I do not think he just decided out of nowhere, at the age of 60, to become a conman and rip IH off. Plus he was too good at it with IH. It was like he had been through it before. Had Doral not happened, I think Rossi's version of Petroldragon would win the day, but now with so much damning evidence in the public domain, I think it safe to say that Petrol was a scam just like Doral.

As to the gold smuggling charges; Rossi did not even address that in AndreaRossi bio...or did I miss that? Failing to do so is a red flag to me. Why try and explain Petroldragon and not his role in that? And when you and a known mafia associate are linked together, a prosecutor accuses you of being a ring leader of a gang...well, that does not look too good. It begs an explanation, especially if you expect to be taken seriously as a legitimate businessman.

Have you ever thought that Lewan could have more information than you think?

Of course he does, and as a science reporter he should fulfill his obligation to pass along that information. Unfortunately he prefers to keep it to himself, where it sure is not doing humanity, or the sciences any good.

Lewan has on several occasions promised to get back to us on certain Rossi related developments, yet never did. When the Lugano controversy erupted, he passed on to us that the Swedes had sent a sample of the alumina to get the real emissivity value. He also said after the law suit was filed -when he was in his "I am looking for the truth where ever that takes me" mode, that he was going to have some experts look at the Lugano report, and get back to us.

And how is it that he "has it on good information" the Ecat was bought by a military concern as he said some time ago? He said that before the facts of Doral were known, and I wonder if he still stands by that? Lewan also said recently that he is "more confident than ever of Rossi's technology"...why? Since he still stands by Rossi, I would think answering these questions would be doing Rossi a huge favor. It may go a good ways towards rehabilitating his tarnished image, and maybe free up some investor money for him....which he hints at struggling with (for good reason).

I wish Lewan would start talking. If he does not, he is part of the "secrecy" problem that plagues the NiH side, and not a solution to unraveling the LENR's mysteries. If you ask me, had Lewan not written "An Impossible Invention" he would be much more forthright. Once sales and money entered the picture though, the journalist side was corrupted.

You said that Fabiani and Penon are part of the alleged criminal gang quoted by the prosecutor but at the time of the "gold running operation" these people probably did not even know him. Moreover, there was no criminal gang, as evidenced by the fact that Rossi was acquitted by all those false accusations. You're putting together random pieces to build an accusation against Rossi, but what you say is groundless and certainly using Krivit as a source is the safest way to stay away from the truth. And apparently that's what you're trying to do. If you're really "too bored with Rossi", dedicate your time to football or some other hobby: inventing lies about Rossi is not funny and you don't make an excellent impression.

SSC,

I do not remember accusing Penon/FF of being part of Rossi's "criminal gang", back when he smuggled gold with a known mafiosa in Italy. Other than that, I suggest you read some of the references MY provided off of Krivits site. No commentary necessary, as most are simply the headlines, or quotes from Italian newspapers. It is just damning, and I fail to see why it should be considered of a personal nature, and therefore off limits to mention?

And I really am bored with Rossi. Were it not for you and Ele's trying to whitewash his personal history, turning a sinner into a saint, and rewriting Doral and the "trial" which never happened, talk about Rossi would probably fade into the background. In a way, I think that has already been begun. Rossi is mentioned less and less, and he is just not taken seriously anymore by most here.

What the hell are you talking about? Which Italian prosecutor?? Which criminal gang? Now we are in madness ..... in order to insult Rossi, people invent absurd stories based on nothing ...

SSC,

Lacking anything good to defend Rossi with, never hurts to resort to a little righteous indignation heh? Not going to work...I'm still going to hammer him. He deserves it after his dishonest behavior at Doral.

The prosecutor that claimed Rossi was the leader of a criminal gang, was the one investigating Rossi's gold running operation, not the Petroldragon mess. I am pretty sure I saw that on Krivit's website, but too bored with Rossi to look it up.

So, I suggest if you want to get some "inside information", you join next annual gathering of the LENR community (where the global leaders of LENR meet), and spend some bottles of wine for the dinner...

From that video, it looks like the only insider information passed along at the ICCF's is the best buffet entree, and where the free wine is served. :)

Yes, I know these conferences have a serious side. And the video does show this gathering to be a low budget affair. In comparison, I would guess the hot fusion guys wine and dine on the public dime, at posh resorts.

LINR,

Good then. Shows that LENR is a healthy, vibrant, self-policing field. Many, if not most, working in the institutions know their stuff, and their results are professional, and can be trusted. If some do not, do it right, then there are always some like Miles or McKubre to show them the errors of their ways.

Not that this is new, as if you read the early ICCF's as I have, they talk often of improving calorimetry as the signals were quite low. That was the only way they said they could get their colleagues in the mainstream science community to take interest. At least one time they were successful in attracting that attention, as the Garwin/Lewis SRI report I linked to shows.

Unfortunately, their efforts were for naught, as however stringent, and tight the CF researchers made, or make, their instrumentation, and controls, the mainstream to this day snubs them. With the Rossi debacle, I do not expect that to change any time soon. At this point, it would take a literal slap in the face to get their attention, and the most effective way to do that is produce a replicable experiment, with signal well above noise...which the LENR researchers appear no where near achieving.

To be honest I discovered recently t Oddly though, han Nathan Lewis was judged competent in electochemistry

Alain,

He (Lewis) also accompanied Richard Garwin to SRI in Oct,. 1993, as representative of the mainstream scientific community, to take a look at SRI's Cold Fusion work. Afterwards they wrote what one can conclude is a fairly positive report of their visit. You would think that after that, they would become a little more neutral, and less negative in their public criticisms of LENR, but they did not. Kept right on slamming the field.

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/r…rwin-Lewis-SRI-Report.pdf

Just from reading what has been written by and about the Swedes, I would find it VERY surprising if they conspired with Rossi.

No Mary, I was suggesting they (Swedes) could be considered Rossi collaborators, not co-conspirators. I never met a dishonest, or dumb Swede BTW. That is why I took to this Rossi story in 2011 hook, line, and sinker. Kullander, Essen, the Nobel...it all sounded so good. How could Swedes be so wrong? ;)

How can you say that? What do we know about Rossi's collaborators? Penon and Fabiani are known because you've heard of them in the trial, otherwise you might not even know their names. Rossi has no reason to reveal the names of his collaborators, and that doesn't mean he is working alone. You do not have to come to conclusions when you don't have all the information you need.

SSC,

Penon and FF were not even collaborators. A better description would be part of Rossi's gang -the Italian prosecutor stated that Rossi was the ring leader of a criminal gang, as they destroyed key data, and deleted emails to Rossi to cover their scam.

Other than those two, the only one that might fit that description (collaborator) would be Dr. Cook. However, Cook cut ties with Rossi a couple years back. Dewey I think talked with him, and he described his relationship with Rossi, as distant and casual. He basically took Rossi at his word on the integrity of the Lugano ash that he put his reputation on the line when proposing his theory. Yep, that Rossi knows how to treat his "friends"!

So, other than Gullstrom (poor guy), there is no one else. Well, maybe you can say the Swedes are, maybe even Levi, but do you have some evidence of any others. I have never heard Rossisay he worked with anyone else. Hard to hide that kind of thing don't you think? He only had a couple employees on payroll -plumber and James Bass, so where are these other collaborators? Or will they remain invisible like the mezzazine heat exchanger? :)

Seems to me, Rossi is fading fast into the background, laughable even, and if his handful of supporters left on the planet want to bring him back to the forefront, they had better start giving some real, verifiable proof (hear me Siffer?) he has something. I can tell you this: what you are doing is not working! You can try all you want to rewrite the "trial", whitewash Rossi's abhorrent actions vis a vis JMP, spoliation, etc., but it will not work.

Here's a link to one key paper about calorimetry error:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/j100058a038

I have a few more. I'm not saying this paper applies to every experiment. Each has to be looked at individually as always. I have a few more papers that show calorimetry error.

LINR,

Did you notice that the lead author of that report on how to avoid calorimetry errors is Melvin Miles? He was one of the first to replicate FPs, and an LENR proponent to this day. So you cite an LENR calorimetry expert's paper, to make your point about the many ways to err in LENR experiments. Funny. Like McKubre said: We know what we are doing!

KS is not going to like this BTW! MIles does not believe his CCS/ATER theory.

Three main points to consider. 1. They are being very very careful. 2. They are in receipt of private cash with all the entails by way of NDAs etc. 3. They owe none of us anything by way of explanation of their results. Though I think they will. just to annoy THH. .

There is that NDA again! The bane of LENR. The trump card and get out of jail card rolled into one. And I disagree...they (Swedes) do owe us something by way of explanation. That is what scientists are supposed to do -explain things, after first proving. I am sure Einstein/Bohr and the rest are turning in their graves after hearing that one. Surely the live ones will take that comment as further reason to turn up their noses at the field too.

Shane, please apply the Rossi lesson to BLP. IMHO, It's just a variant of the same thing. What is TMI doing for them? And why? And what does TMI's affiliation have to do with it? They are to BLP approximately like National Instruments was to Rossi. Last I looked, TMI has an excellent web site and a custom search of the site in Google revealed no mention whatsoever of BLP or Mills or anything about "suncells." Maybe that has changed but if so, someone please link it.

Mary,

No comparison between BrLP and Rossi. Rossi never worked with NI...that was all Rossisays. BrLP in sharp contrast, is working with at least two very legitimate and serious engineering concerns. Not some loose collaboration either, as they are elbow to elbow ironing out the kinks. Neither did Rossi have a team of professionals around him like Mills...unless one considers his friends from the old country, Penon/Fabiani professionals in that sense. Rossi had no qualified BODs like BrLP (BEC's one and only strength BTW)...just his wife and 3rd rate lawyer friend Henry Johnson.

I would also like to add that BrLP has had credible validations done, whereas Rossi never did, but if I said that, Eric would make me prove it, so I won't say it. :)

That said...I do agree with you about applying the Rossi lesson to BLP. I will believe it when I see it. That however does not preclude pointing out the promising aspects about Mills Suncell.