me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

I have examined tube from the last run with Stainless Steel reactor.
    I was unable to extract the fuel container yet, but I was able to extract rod that was touching the container.
    Obviously Lithium escaped from the container completely but I have found that there is very interesting formation.

Color is very different than what I have seen in any previous run. There are drops of solid goldish material on the rod with probably Lithium oxide.

Thank you for the plot Ecco!
    Yes, there is still excess heat. It looks like the pressure does not affect COP at all - at least at the moment. Wire can be loaded with hydrogen maybe for very long time.
    Later It would be nice to open the reactor and check when it will return to the original, calibration values. If it will return exactly, then excess heat will be verified with probably 100% certainty.

Experiment is running with TiH2 powder - 130mg which gave peak of 1.3 bars.
    It looks like there is no difference in excess heat. So it does not matter right now.
    Reactor is still very same, it was cleaned to some extent from used LiAlH4.

Before loading I have opened the tube from the last run (there was still some hydrogen inside) and I have found bigger amount of liquid on the SS parts from the internal side. There were also visible structures across the heater wire - same that I have seen after the first run with this kind of reactor. Such structure was formed so that it nearly silted whole internal volume.

I think that working with hydrogen bottle is safer in some areas. But there are also next possibilities, that could end fatally.
    If you are working with powder in correct environment, you can't do anything wrong. You can work with amount you wish and such amount is mostly very, very small.
    In our experiments not more than 1g.
    If you have hydrogen bottle, releasing 1g or 20grams might be without any noticement. Hydrogen can autoignite with air in some condictions, if you are overlooking some sealing issue, then your room or container may be full of hydrogen. This can't absolutely happen with powder. You can't exctract more hydrogen than what you have loaded.

Also working with hydrogen bottle requires more complicated apparature, few valves, etc.
    When it will be ready for using as a product, then normal users will also like a powder more than big bottles. So you will end with a powder or pellets in each case.
    Respectively customers will be unable to load it with hydrogen.

Next step will be to load few times more powder to get at least 5-10 bars. But now, we will wait until tommorow and see a changes in excess heat.

Ecco: unfortunately no at the moment. Titanium Hydride is actually 2x cheaper (at least for me) and with better purity than LiAlH4. More importantly, it is much safer and is not toxic. So I want to use it primarily as hydrogen source.

Today I will try to load the tube with Titanium Hydride.
    In 1-2 weeks I should receive parts to build much bigger version of the Tube reactor. This one will be prepared for LiAlH4 pellets and much higher power.
    Actually I think that Hot Cat may be very similar to this one inside.

Also Palladium wire is waiting for the tests.

I think that there are many ways how to achieve desired effect. Using EM is probably not reason for excess heat, It is only way, how you can achieve particular thing that is required later.
    You can use even one heater for multiple purposes at the same time. You can use it for heating only, but also as induction heater later.

Rossi is in the state, that he know limitation of each part and he want to sell reliable product. So one thing is to make it work, second to make it durable.
    So even there are many ways to get excess heat, you have to find the best one.
    I think that he is fighting with some mechanical limitations even now.

axis: I am very interested in theory, but I think that the process is not that complicated as it seems to be. Because I am not a theorist and I do not understand many things yet, I am trying to explain it in the way what I can observe and measure.

Because I am aware of safety issues (there are a lot of risks) I want to measure everything that is possible. Experiment is running always in special, unused room, that is far from anybody and everything is controlled remotely from the start to the end. The room and even building will be not occupied by any people or animal for at least few years.
    Even that LENR is relatively very safe, it can surely cause serious troubles.

Good thing to try might be to buy Induction Heater and use it together with coil heater. Induction heater may be not too powerfull if you are using external heater to reach higher temperatures. So together it may work pretty well.

I think that Rossi is using special modulation for long time. You can see it from this video (time 1:11)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is a big box with control system that looks like RF generator where you can configure its characteristics. This box, as I believe, was then integrated to much smaller device. I think that this is used for EM stimulation.
    I believe that Rossi is using many configurations, some with single heater, some with two heaters where both have different functionality.
    So there are many possibilities how to achieve wanted effect.

What I think is, that it would be fine to modulate the heater power with some fast IGBT transistor and try different frequencies.
    When we will achieve modulation, that is able to heat the fuel by magnetic induction, then "neutron spallation" rate should be boosted a lot.
    This is what induction heaters are doing, so you may build induction heater driver with frequency control.

So simply with EM stimulation, you can get infra radiation from the fuel by heating which with correct amplitude and frequency may get into an ion acoustic resonance of the corresponding gas/plasma.
    Maybe I am wrong, but it makes good sense together.

My question was, why Parkhomov, Russian, Chinees replicators succeeded? I think that the reason is in the modulation. Parkhomov was feeding the heater with relatively unstable and randomly behaving thyristor stack which with good luck can create such frequencies at least from time to time.
    Chinees and Russian team were using DC supply. But as you know, switching supplies are working with frequency around 50kHz. Signal may not be perfectly flat as you can expect with DC (especially with high power). Also excess heat appeared always when power was changed significantly - this may be also responsible for very short, but intensive neutron production. But you will need rather higher power which is mostly above limits of the heater to be successfull without correct modulation.

axil: Yes, but these neutrons are low energetic, as described in the paper. So the penetration of the matter is much lower than with fast neutrons.
    Even Rossi mentioned neutron escape for few times.

My reactor is very far from me, so I should be alive in each case :)

I also think, that the reason why we are not successfull with Parkhomov replication is, that there must be good modulation of the signal.
    I can imagine, that you can use a normal heater similarly as induction heater. You can even use it in the way, that you can heat the surface, but you can also induce current in the fuel which could then emit own infra radiation in the reaction chamber. And you can do this in the way, that you can control it as you wish, thus you can achieve closer frequencies by changing infra radiation spectrum.
    By this control mechanism, you can control also neutron flux (if Swedish theory is correct).
    If there is no modulation or it is inapproriate, then we will need really a lot of power which will destroy the heater. This is probably reason, why some replicators are successfull only with very high temperatures.

axil: Thank you very much for your help.

I think that when the heater is inside, it can create significantly more neutrons with low power. According to the Swedish paper, if you reach resonant frequency, efficiency is much higher. If I am not wrong, then the heater emits infra radiation which is relatively very close to these resonant frequencies. Whats more, heater acts partially as fuel.
    When it is inside the hydrogen atmosphere then it can emit neutrons in a certain conditions.
    So you do not need to send strong EM pulses at THz frequencies (which is really hard), you can use conventional sources directly in the reaction chamber.

This is just my theory.

I think that you can observe excess radiation because neutrons are bouncing in the reactor more often in various directions which is the reason for gamma emmission escape. When there is just hydrogen, it slow down neutrons significantly, but addition of Al2O3 changing the situation.

So I think, that addition of Al2O3 is good for measurement of possible neutron flux inside the reactor, but not for secondary reaction with lithium.

I think that Mouse process is still too ineffective and higher neutron flux is needed. This could be achieved by changing power supply for the coil.

Very nice plots Ecco! Thank you very much!
    I am really convinced more and more that there is something unusual.
    Hopefully tommorow I will receive brand new fuel to test.

It is really very interesting.

Radiation was really higher for longer time from 210°C-220°C which is not happening normally. Radiation peak (50 CPM) was the highest at this moment from whole run while it was clearly elevated.
    At this temperature excess heat should start to occur according to other papers.

I have downloaded app for my smartphone which should be able to measure from GeV range. It seems that it really can work.
    It is called Muon Flux.

Reactor is still running and is very stable, Pressure is still very slowly rising each day what is very interesting. So there is really no sealing issue.
    Also we can probably exclude next reason for excess heat because of heater structure modification.

I hope that I will receive some new supply this week.
    I am also designing new reactor with similar design that will handle much higher temperatures and will be consisted with thicker and longer wire. So then we should get more significant excess heat.