me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

I have found Silicate based cements that are able to stand 1300°C. It is used for ovens and stoves, so I think it can work.

I am struggling with Fuel Container little bit at the moment.

The AGP fuel container was a stainless steel tube slightly smaller in diameter than the bore of the reactor tube. The length was about 50 mm ( note this was eyeballed from photo) The tube was sealed by heat-resistant cement.
    The tube or the sealant had three small openings. These were necessary to release the pressure from the hydrogen which is generated as the LiAlH4 decomposes when the reactor is heated.

I dont know, if the whole reactor should be sealed so hydrogen "can't escape" at all. If AGP made 3 holes in the fuel container, then there is just little bit more room for the hydrogen gas. But still it can't escape. It will be blocked by ceramic fillers from both sides.

If it was 5cm long tube then there is lot of room for the air, so ceramic fillers can't push the air out. Was the fuel container sealed somehow first from both sides (with loaded fuel) and then inserted into the reactor?

Do you think that pressure is the key factor in the process? At least before melting point of the lithium.

Why do we need fuel container if the fuel can be placed directly to the reactor ceramic tube? Is it because of easier refueling?

There are more very interesting propulsions similar to EmDrive. Yet there is nearly no information, but working prototypes were built.

I believe that the power can be much higher with superconductors for EmDrive. But it is not cheap at all (today). In few years efficiency of this propulsion will be exponentially higher. Possibility for interstellar travel is not that far.
    There is a lot to learn.

Thankfully with internet learning process is much easier and faster.

Sad news, but I believe it will work next time!

Can somebody show/tell me connection of the heater? Maybe using variac is not the best method. You can control the input power with for example triac - there are finished PCBs from ebay for even $3 that are able to handle 2000W.

OK, I've checked various solutions and it seems to me, that the best solution for controlling output power may be with Solid State Relay and PWM.
    Alternatively we can use triac that will cut AC phases and thus can change output power.

But I think that SSR is the easiest solution that will just work with the best latency.

I will use thermocouple K type with 1300°C Tmax because of good availability and fine parameters.

Radiation measurement tool will be most probably Gamma Scout, because interfacing is quite easy and well documented.

Regarding Fuel, what Nickel powder may be the best? I believe that it should be clean. Do you think that 10um particle size will be OK?
    Vale Type 255 is approx. 3um.

I have measured, that fuel for the reactor costs only approximately $0.24! Thats awesome. I have Ni + LiAlH4 from local chemist laboratory.

All tests should be done in a special room made by conrate so even fire or explosion should do nothing.
    I want to control and observe the process remotely, at least 50m away from the reactor.
    In case that gamma or neutron radiation will occur it will be not dangerous for us.

Stage 1. building the reactor that is able to stand at least 1200°'C for long periods (at least weeks) with atmospheric pressure (without fuel). When this criterium will be fulfilled, we can go to Stage 2. All data will be logged, especially temperatures for future comparison. In this stage TC calibration and PID regulation tuning will be performed.

Stage 2. testing reactor with fuel, with 12h temperature rampup to not exceed pressure - everything will be controlled by program, so it should be perfectly reproducible.
    We will use opensource tools and hardware so everybody can possibly reproduce it later with little effort.

Stage 3. long term tests with fuel, trying to achieve the highest possible COP with SSM. Improvements in the control algorithm.

Stage 4. trying to harness heat for usefull usage to achieve the highest efficiency.

First instruction on how to replicate...

Replicate.bmp

This is quite easy to replicate with copy paste.

Question is, why is it there?

I believe that Dr. Parkhomov needed to hide something that is not necessarily needed to show. Maybe some sensor failed, maybe he tried something. But for presentation you want to show clear results.
    If you want to falsify something, you are taking extra care, but Dr. Parkhomov do not need to pay extra care as he is sure with his results.
    Moreover, if you are in hurry, additional mistakes can occur.

I plan to build own reactor based on work of Dr. Parkhomov.

Parts are relatively very cheap and available. First from all I want to build heater that will work for longer periods.
    Heater must be driven with electronics.

I plan to build control system based on PI(D) regulation with microcontroller so it can work without any additional stuff.
    Maybe I will try DC with pulse width modulation to control temperature so it can work from a different power sources.

Heater Wire: I will start with Kanthal A1 wire or hopefully I can get Super Kanthal that is able to stand even 1900°C continuously.
    Heater Ceramic tube: 1x ceramic with min. 99,7% Al2O3 - ∅D = 16mm, ∅d = 12mm, L = 80mm, Tmax = 1800°C
    Reactor Ceramic tube: 1x ceramic with min. 99,7% Al2O3 - ∅D = 10mm, ∅d = 5mm, L = 290mm, Tmax = 1800°C
    Reactor Ceramic filings: 2x ceramic with min. 99,7% Al2O3 - ∅D = 5mm, L = 100mm, Tmax = 1800°C
    Thermocouple: unknown yet, maybe R, S or B?

Do you think that diameters of 10/5mm are fine? What do you suggest?

Thank you Dr. Parkhomov for perfect work, I hope you will continue!
    Sharing your findings can make our world much better.

I think that such demonstration are not so necessary.
    At the moment, we have just indications that LENR will work as expected.

So we must be perfectly sure it will really work in various conditions.
    Immediately after it will be succesfully replicated and all data available without any restriction, companies will be working on it to get between customers.

I believe that we can see such devices finished in one year, at least for testing.
    I think that lot of energy companies are interested in this phenomenon and will invest in their research as soon as possible.

But in case that these things will be hidden for some reason even after it is ready, then demonstration should occur.