me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015

Posts by me356

Maybe Rossi know about it and this is a reason why Hot Cat can't be used for domestic purpose even now. Or it was a big problem for longer time until he was very certain there are no leaks. This is maybe reason why he choosen to start with industrial customers.
    This is why he prefer gas powered e-cat.

Great!

You can download and copy NOOBS to your sdcards.
    It allows you to install new distributions/operating systems very easily.

I recommend Raspbian as it is the most used with Raspberry thus with the biggest support.

I have both versions 1 and 2. Latest one has very good performance.

Thanks for very nice plot!

Basically there is no duty cycle in a correct meaning. Output of the PID is just value for the triac board. This value is sent by PWM and translated back from PWM to next processor that is driving triac.
    So basically last column in my data is PWM value that describe how much the triac will be open.
    0% is <13, 100% is approx at 88 and more.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I will use PWM with IGBT very soon. My IGBT driver board could be finished this week.
    Here I can change duty cylce and frequencies very well.

Also I plan to add manometer this week and refuel it. Old fuel will be stored for possible examination.

Tommorow from approx. 5:00-6:00 UTC next test with current reactor will be started.

Very interesting question.

Technically it is possible and relatively easy. We can just connect some sensitive microphone. From the output we can make frequency analysis in real time and here we can obtain interesting frequencies. We can then know which tone may be related with LENR. My opinion is that we will not hear anything except heater.
    But the problem is, that we don't know frequency range. But the biggest problem is, we have succeed in the replication first.

By the way I think that gas e-cat and hot-cat are very similar. Here the target is same but there is little different way to achieve it.

I think that hydrogen and nickel must be present in the system all the time in some form.

I will try few more tests with current reactor as it is still working and is there quite high chance that we can get excess heat.

At the moment it looks like a new one. I've made some small cosmetic improvements.
    New firmware is tested as well.

Ambient temperature is varying +/-2°C there just because of day/night shift.

Thank you. I believe we will succeed very soon.

Do you think that when fuel is heated without reaction, reactor will be opened and again sealed/used, could it work?
    I think that if hydrogen will escape then it is useless.

Thanks for watching!

It was nice and very interesting event. It seems that no excess heat was produced altough we have seen several times temperature increase without apparent reason between few seconds and two minutes while current was constant or even decreased.

For me and others it seemed like the process was about to start many times. But PID controller always gradually halted the power (to maintain setpoint) so this process stopped always suddenly too.
    This findings leads me to the sotware improvement.
    For next test I have implemented manual power control so the PID will not halt possible process. This could be very important to maintain excess heat.

At 1000°C we have interfaced software issue that prevented from increasing, so firmware reflash was needed. After few complications reactor was restarted (2 times). In the meantime temperature fell too quickly, but was restored in few minutes.
    Test was stopped at 1142°C.

Reactor and equipment survived without any damage. There was only few cracks on the heater sealing which will be fixed before next run.

Data are attached.

Live test is going quite well.
    We have reached 850°C at the moment.

Previously it was verified that at 750°C there was not apparent excess heat altough interesting phenomenons occured during heating.
    I have tried SSM mode that cutted current for one minute. This test may possible trigger the process so it was worth a try.
    Temperature falled quickly as without fuel, but this is normal. Temperature is still too low to see excess heat.

Hopefully around 950-1100°C situation will change.

The problem there is that it is driven by Triac with relatively low precision (approx. 6bit). For such low temperatures it can't hold precisely because it is between on and off state. For higher temperatures it will be fine. Altough even now there are approx. 1°C oscillations - it is beyond thermocouple precision.

For next experiments I will build own control board so it can be driven very precisely.