me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

To be sure that the pressure will be not very high I have implemented similar heating curve as in Parkhomov experiment.
    Especially for the first decomposition I have programmed that when 180°C is reached it will hold this temperature for one hour.
    Then it will continue increasing the temperature.

Fuelling will be performed today, while the test can hopefully start tommorow.

What circuit did you ordered exactly? Arduino is working with 5V signal while new MAX31855 is only 3V tolerant so without "conversion" it can damage the IC. But there are some circuits with embedded level converter.

In case of raspberry it is great that you can make a copy of your sdcard and everybody can use your work instantly.

Also with such hardware you can make things very easily with almost zero cost. While with proprietary controllers you can't modify anything.
    Of course you have to know what to do.

I will share my source code as soon as it is finished.

With MAX6675 there is a problem, that it can't read temperatures above 1023°C. So you will need to place thermocouple away little bit or buy another decoder. I recommend MAX 31855K that can read higher temperatures but if connecting with arduino you will need 5V to 3V logic converter too. There are boards available on ebay that are suitable for arduino with this decoder and logic converter too.

At the moment I've designed PCB for IGBT driver that will replace transformer and triac board. This board will allow very high currents, high switching frequency (perfect for PWM) and precise control.
    I have not tested it yet, but it should work fine.
    This circuit is basically converting AC to DC and modulating back to "AC" with variable frequency and is protected by optocouple. Switching frequency may be up to 50kHz at least.
    It will also create huge EM pulses so it can be great for LENR I hope.

I will test this circuit later after first fueled test.

To calculate exact length of the wire I recommend this page:
    http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?hfnw=593&awg=20&id=16&ll=50

Later I decided to use longer wire, so my coil has 11 Ohms and 70 wraps.
    Transformer output is 120V.

I have implemented PID myself. To make replication very easy I've used Arduino + Raspberry Pi.
    Arduino is controlling the reactor while sending all the data to Raspberry Pi over USB. So the PID is implemented in Arduino with whole control and sensing loop for the reactor.
    In Raspberry Pi I am running script which allows me to send commands to arduino and at the same time it is logging data and streaming online with Plot.ly.
    Raspberry is running also my app for streaming camera data online and is doing periodically screenshots.
    It is able to compile and flash source code for Arduino remotely too.
    It also has wireless usb module and is connected to our site/internet directly. So everything can be changed from anywhere if you have encryption keys.

All this is powered by phone charger and is placed in one box. It is drawing just few mW and can run for long time.

In another box I have triac circuit with circuit braker and current meter board. So power and control circuits are separated completely.

I am still considering it.
    Surely sooner or later I want to measure pressure.

But if we are thinking about it, first Parkhomov experiments does not used manometer at all and were even smaller. But he was successfull too.
    I think that there is room for more failures so I want to keep it simple.

As far as I know Lugano test was also without pressure measurement. But if you have good experience like Rossi, you simply do not need to measure it. You know how it will approximately behave.
    So later this measurement will be not necessary at all.

I hope I will test lot of combinations and can make all measurements.

By the way I was thinking about Rossi power regulator - I think that he is using high frequencies. If it is driven from mains you should always hear buzzing noise at 50/60Hz rate.
    So it could be driven even by DC voltage modulated with PWM, so basically it is AC.

Because of rectifier + capacitor + high currents you will measure with spectrometer mostly something like mains AC.

This is why I will build similar circuit. So no transformer will be needed while heater can be controller very precisely and without any noise.
    Moreover heater should last for longer time.

Thank you very much.

I am able to test it later too.
    I want to replicate Parkhomov work first, thus I will use identical setup as much as possible.

Indeed, safety in the first place. I think that loading the fuel is the most dangerous part of this experiment.

I have placed my reactor to the separate building where it can't cause any damage.
    Everything is controlled approx. 50m away from my laboratory.

At the moment I am tuning PID even more.
    Setpoint is 700°C and should be reached within one hour.