me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

Thank you.

There will be live data with interactive plots available for all and hopefully camera as well. So everybody can see exact details and progress.
    I am considering live stream, but YouTube is streaming with approx. 1 minute delay while our live data are plotted online with approx. 20ms delay only.

For sure I will be using camera stream internally but we will see. In the worst case I will provide screenshots periodically.

Well, I think it could work.

Firstly I have used lathe machine that wrapped the wire on 14mm metal tube.
    Then after placing the coil on 16mm ceramic tube I have used copper wire with proper diameter and wrapped it by hand to place kanthal wire very precisely.
    Lastly I removed copper wire carefully and the result is quite good.

Now it is time for sealing kanthal wire with alumina cement.

I dont understand effort to try different fuel composition. There are only indications that Ni+LiAlH4 is working and replicated succesfully. So there is much, much higher probability that it can be replicated again.
    So first we need to replicate working apparatus, then we can start with modifications.

From my point of view fuel composition is last thing that should be changed at the moment.

Can somebody share tips for wrapping kanthal wire on the ceramic tube?

It should be done very precisely to avoid local overheating.
    I have tried some methods, but it seems that wounding on the screw-thread is working fine.
    For 16mm tube it seems that M16 screw with fine pitch (1.5mm) could be good.
    So to get 10 ohms 20AWG Kanthal A1 wire 64 wraps is needed. This will take 96mm of the 100mm tube - perfect fit.

Yes, except that I have bought cheaper model. Logging feature is still there but you can't read the data in realtime. So I will be reading the data by camera and periodically from the log via USB.

Interestingly this counter is turned on all the time, it can't be turned off. And it should last for 10+ years with this one battery charge.
    Basically it measure radiation "endlessly".

Calibration test is coming soon!

I have all needed parts, yet I have to build the reactor now.

I have succesfully tested my electronics now which include:
    - Transformer
    - Triac Board (will be better than thyristor) - SSR solution does not worked as expected.
    - Reactor Controller with sensors
    - Data logger and Streaming machine

Calibration tests will show if there could be any problem, but I hope it will work very well.
    Streaming machine will stream online including realtime reactor data. So everybody can see exact measurements without any delay.

Reactor Controller has own firmware that supports many modes, can be updated remotely, stopped, restarted, modified without touching it. It has PID regulation - already tuned.
    Same with Streaming machine. It will work separately, but will be connected online.

Firmware is prepared even for SSMs.

Do you think that visitors of Rossi will not realize that it is just something totally different?
    These containers are used very often, you can buy one yourself.

Do you really believe that two experiments done by MFMP prove that LENR is not real?

If you are learning to count in elementary school, are you always succesfull?
    Even that 1+1 is very easy, it can take you few times until you will get correct result.

And nuclear reactor, respectively cold fusion is area that is unknown to all yet. It is diametrally more sophisticated matter. So even after 1000 unsuccessfull test you can prove nothing.

Good news, I have found that company that is producing ceramic tubes is also producing special cements from very same material. So it is designed for this stuff.
    Max. temperature: 1500°C

I have also programmed reactor controller with PID.

It supports few stages:
    1. Slow pre-heating procedure to configured temperature.
    2. Maintaining required temperature.
    3. Self Sustain mode - TODO
    4. Turn off

Everything can be controlled and configured remotely in real-time. All the data are remotely transmitted and also logged.

I am replicating the latest version.

If everything will be fine, calibration tests will be performed this week.
    I am prepared for unsuccessfull tests, it is very normal.

But I strongly believe, that in the end, it will work.

Good, ceramic tubes arrived, everything is OK. Quality is perfect 99,7% Al2O3 and 1800°C guaranteed. Each tube including fillers is made of this material. Price for these tubes was $23, not bad. With higher quantity it can be much cheaper.

My heater will be made of:
    ∅D = 15mm, ∅d = 10mm tube, I have also ∅D = 16mm, ∅d = 12mm, but first one fits fine on the reactor tube.
    20AWG (0.812mm) Kanthal A1 wire, 3569.8mm length (R = 10Ω), 66-67 wraps with 50-100mm total leg length (<3% power loss)
    Wire sealed with a stove cement - based on water glass, 1300°C max. temperature.

Input Voltage 230AC @ 50Hz -> Transformer 2:1
    -> Solid State Relay controlled by microcontroller with fast AC PWM or Phase Angle Triac circuit.

Max. output power cca 1210W @ 110V, 11A.

Wow, many thanks for sharing the info!

To not destroy thermocouples I was planning (for the future) to make calibration inside the reactor tube and outside where temperature is not so high.
    With some calculations about heat transfer in the material I can get hopefully precise temperature measurement from outside of the reactor.
    So very naive calculation may be temp = temp_tc2 * 2; in case that temperature will be 2x smaller than in the core.
    With this thermocouple can last for very long time.

Disadvantages:
    - possible increased delay in getting temp of the core.
    - decreased precision with same decoder.