Is a Theory Needed Before We Exploit a New Phenomenon? (Doug Marker)

• Responding to ogfusionist's most recent post lamenting Axil's ideas:

Is Axil a program something like Big Blue?

Probably not, but the effect is the same. Even though Axil claims "experiments" I have not seen any by Axil other than the psychological ones within "Axil's Web". I would not worry about Axil's fundamental errors, such as one time indicating that infra-red photons have more energy than visible photons [quickly edited away following my suggestion}..... it [Axil] is a good source of new ideas, often quite "mistaken", but that is what scientific revolutions look like. Axil may be "Wiki-intelligence" gone wild. But it is best to pay attention, nevertheless!

Axil recently caught me with my mesons down or up, I forget which... actually it was mainly that mu-mesons are now muons and are not really mesons at all-- and something about pions I have repressed, but they are not elementary unlike muons, that is pions have parts called quarks--- those other things from the imaginary world of sub atomic particle physics, which may still be thoroughly mysterious to us elders. At least muons are analogous to electrons and have unitary charge (they are heavy particles over 200 times the mass of electrons, but are "intermediate" in the "spectrum" of the particle "zoo" created only by many trillion eV collisions and cosmic rays, whose third and highest mass member is the Tau, which may be thousands of times the mass of the related electron). The muon, appears by "Axial" testimonial to now be important to the Holmlid view now overtaking Axil's "mind".

What will be next there? For Axil it will only be a moment, but for reality I suppose we must wait until Holmlid is more thoroughly accepted and subjected to potentially disconfirmatory testing or for some other remarkable LENR "replications". Of course Holmlid may have an inside track to the Nobel committee, being apparently Swedish with Icelandic collaborators. Holmlid has been published in journals the "skeptics" might snicker at. I take his work seriously and hope others will as well, until further confirmation and/or disconfirmation is reliably available.

I don't think Heisenberg's uncertainty principle expressed in a rather ridiculous looking equation, recently posted by Axil, makes for good press among those with only a term or two of matrix algebra. I preferred deBroglie's version.... much nicer to look at anyway. Heisenberg, a bit of a Nazi, does not even acknowledge deBroglie's earlier contribution as anything but "empirical". deBroglie an actual French "Prince" by heredity, seemed unoffended by Heisenberg's Nordic arrogance-- and the Nobel committee of the day awarded deBroglie the Prize for his interpretation of the "wavicle" notion, as you put it. That is lambda (essentially the rms uncertainty of particle position) equals h/p or in Newtonian terms h/mv. I once suggested here that perhaps confinement of electrons could result in them assuming great mass variability, which devolves from this [deBroglie's] "empirical' equation quite easily. That is as v approaches zero by confinement, lambda cannot have the high positional uncertainty dictated by the deBroglie equation. The only variable left is the mean mass of the electron.... if the equation is to hold.

I would not worry about Hawking. The "educated" public is enamored of the idea of a "pure mind". Of course the only place where that works in science is in cosmological theory and/or perhaps sub-atomic particle theory. Often no experiments possible--- perfect for the "pure" mind. At least Hawking makes some bold predictions... and hence subjects himself to possible later confirmations / disconfirmations. Hawking deserves credit for that, in my view. I predict that all that the public (read science journalists and "educated" folks) think they now understand about cosmology will be thoroughly different in just a few decades. Wait and see.

• Reference:

"Axil, re Quantum computing. This is a special topic to myself and have been tracking developments for the past couple of years with the help of a smart friend who works in the QIP world."

LENR can be used in quantum computing to establish a perfect environment of quantum entanglement to remove quantum decoherence. Rossi's Mouse and Cat configuration is a demonstration that the mouse can setup quantum entanglement in the Cat. The Rossi type reactor establishes a Bose Einstein condensate of nano EMF black holes that reach out a considerable distance beyond the reaction zone. The LENR reactor can Setup a long lasting and continuous zone of quantum entanglement to avoid decoherence.

For example, Holmlid produces 50 MeV neutral particle fragments that impact on the copper heat sync. No gamma are created. This means that a field of Black ole entanglement extends at least as far as the copper shield.

• dsjm 1 just wrote, among other interesting things:

"The real issue re Bell's inequality testing is that each new and more rigorous test using ever more advanced testing techniques, repeatedly shows Bell's theorem is violated and confirms the non-locality case (without hidden variables)."

I would add a minor, but important word to the parenthetical expression "(without local hidden variables)". This is a significant and perhaps untestable consequence of Bell's inequality, that is the disproof of local hidden variables could (still) be an affirmation of one (or more) universal hidden variable(s).

I believe convincing attempts have been made to examine this issue.... but it is a hard question to completely depose. The universal hidden variable is everywhere simultaneously, it transcends ordinary space / time. By the way this is a feature in Hotson's discussion of the original Dirac equation... the one "policed" by the likes of Bohr and Heisenberg. The same team, by the way, that blew away Langmuir's exploding wire evidence for cool fusion, if I recall that correctly.

• Regarding:

"Responding to ogfusionist's most recent post lamenting Axil's ideas:"

Analogue Hawking radiation spotted in the lab

http://physicsworld.com/cws/ar…iation-spotted-in-the-lab

Here is another researcher who has seen Hawking radiation emitted by acoustic black holes

"Entanglement could be the clincher

One way to convince doubters might be to measure the photons generated on both sides of the refractive-index peak simultaneously. If they are entangled in the quantum-mechanical sense, this would be solid evidence that they were born together at the horizon. Leonhardt toldphysicsworld.com that he expects to have results for such an experiment in a year or less."

I connect dots. One that was important to me was a video about acoustic black holes:

Prof. Daniele Faccio: "Black Holes, With A Twist" - Inaugural Lecture

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am looking at this one now

Prof. Ortwin Hess - The Stopped-Light Laser: An optical black hole on the nanoscale

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• &"Called up your post "Observation of self-amplifying Hawking radiation in an analog black hole laser" and have now definitely ended my quest. Thanks."

Axil, you couldn't leave well enough alone for me.
    Before I retired someone gave me a single crystal of graphite that allowed measuring electron spin vectors. I found that flipping the vector whether up or down caused the other entangled electron to flip rather quickly in the opposite direction. Many years ago, and probably a dream. My quest is over.
    Although if I started again I would look at the possibility of using ice as quantum entangled for universal communication. We've been around for a long time and surely other intelligence would be trying to communicate. Ice landing on this favorable planet probably supplied the genetic code for initiating life.

• Reference:

"the one "policed" by the likes of Bohr and Heisenberg. The same team, by the way, that blew away Langmuir's exploding wire evidence for cool fusion, if I recall that correctly."

Do you have any references on this.

• &"Called up your post "Observation of self-amplifying Hawking radiation in an analog black hole laser" and have now definitely ended my quest. Thanks."

Axil, you couldn't leave well enough alone for me.
    Before I retired someone gave me a single crystal of graphite that allowed measuring electron spin vectors. I found that flipping the vector whether up or down caused the other entangled electron to flip rather quickly in the opposite direction. Many years ago, and probably a dream. My quest is over.
    Although if I started again I would look at the possibility of using ice as quantum entangled for universal communication. We've been around for a long time and surely other intelligence would be trying to communicate. Ice landing on this favorable planet probably supplied the genetic code for initiating life.

Its not entanglement per say, entanglement is monogamous. LENR uses worm holes or ERP bridges. This is just a property of back holes. This idea has been revived anew to answer the firewall issue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewall_(physics)

See:

Multiboundary Wormholes and Holographic Entanglement

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.2663v2.pdf</a>

• This reminds me of an experiment when an emission spectrograph was available for me to explode a super fine gold wire by shorting a capacitor and analyzing the emitted light. Many elements beside gold were in the spectrum that I blamed on contamination. Transmutation wasn't talked about much then. Peak broadening was extreme analogous to the whistle pitch change when a train is moving toward and away from a station.

• &"Its not entanglement per say, entanglement is monogamous. LENR uses worm holes or ERP bridges. This is just a property of back holes. This idea has been revived anew to answer the firewall issue."

Thanks, Axil this definitely ends my quest. Everything mentioned that's meant to enlightened seems Greek to me. I've been away too long and left in the dust.
    My nickelous oxide reactor seemed so simple. It fused hydrogen, produced excessive heat, and I measured helium as a product.

• Reference:

"My nickelous oxide reactor seemed so simple. It fused hydrogen, produced excessive heat, and I measured helium as a product."

Did your reactor deminstate these common and universal LENR conditions including the thermalization of gamma radiation, the stabilization of radioactive isotopes, lack of neutron emissions, and the wide variation of transmutation results which includes fusion to heavy elements and fission of heavy elements, remote reaction at a distance from the location of the LENR reaction, and instantaneous cluster fusion involving huge numbers of sub-reactions that occur instantly and collectively?

Finding out how all this happens is the hard part of LENR theory, it is not easy and it will take science well beyond where it is now. No person knows how all this happens so don't be discouraged at the challenge ahead in LENR.

• Tyy please define reality and then we can proceed. Also the part about "spitting out" implies having a mouth full and this is somewhat revolting considering your connotation. Better watch it you're drifting away from being a dyed in the wool pathoskeptic. A chink in the armor? Now it's only a matter of time before you're just an ordinary skeptic.

• LENR theory has broadened way beyond the scope where my first experiment was set. This was simply nanoscale fusion resulting from a NiO array heated for dissociation of hydrogen molecules. The increase in helium with increase gammas was proof. Even then this was beyond so called science. Pursuit would extend into unknown regions and is best ended. Why pursue something that we couldn't possibly understand and would never be allowed to utilize.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.