Rossi Explains ‘Positive or Negative’

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/11/01/rossi-explains-positive-or-negative/']As we head into the last third of the 1MW E-Cat plant test, it seems that the plant is still operating well. Andrea Rossi has mentioned lately that it has been ‘purring’ and running in long periods of self-sustain mode. However, Rossi is still not ready to give up on his qualifications that the test […][/feedquote]

• The long on-going rossification is transforming from rossifiction to something, that even the congregate is starting to question.

I believe, the grande finale should be interesting.

• This statement by Rossi is so incredibly stupid and inept that it can only be directed at his dumbest fans. If anyone could prove properly that they had a net kilowatt of power, much less a megawatt, they could earn a Nobel Prize and billions in research money, practically overnight. They would have no need to run beyond the original test which proved that the energy really came from nuclear sources and not chemical. Also that it was not a trick. There would be absolutely no need to run for weeks, and certainly not for the completely idiotic year that Rossi claims is needed to prove commercial feasibility. Of course, Rossi has never proven anything properly, even though he has been told how by friends and foes alike for going on four years. If he did it once, he wouldn't need a meaningless year spent squatting in some silly container for an unnamed and probably nonexistent "customer".

That post by Rossi is one of the most transparent bits of evidence proving that Rossi is nothing but a cheap crook and a chronic, consistent liar.

By the way, where is his customer from November 2011? Didn't that customer get a megawatt plant? Have not Megawatt plants been on sale for four years on the internet? Does any of this farce make the slightest bit of sense to anyone by the dummiest dummies on e-catworld.com?

• Official Post

This catch-22 arguùent is often used and looks rational.
    the problem is that the first not to be rationa are the academic, the editors, the journalist...
    they just don't publicsh informations.

See how 40 journals refused even to peer review the ENEA DeNinno report 41, to accept Oriani paper despite positive review?
    See woodford investing 50 million and nobody react ?

As I say often the best evidence is that beside you, Sylvie Coyaud and ECN fanclub, nobody even dare to criticize what is happening in Tohoku, Airbus, Woodford, Elforsk...
    critics fall flat, like fire on wet wood...

If you see journalist who don't propagate such critics, you know there is a problem.

in fact many serious people are convinced, and some are investing millions, are building LENR labs, signing agreements, visiting Rossi, discussing with Godes, but they refuse to communicate, and even when they say it in public like what I see in Milan or Neuchatel, there is no present journalist to relay the surprising news.

Assuming people are rational, money will flow and Nobel will be given is simply naivety.
    It is like assuming that proving to the pope that gay parents are good parents, will make him change his position.
    There will be blood before it is accepted.

• I'm going to ask again because all I heard so far is crickets in the night and silence.

1) Where is the evidence from Parsons or from anyone credible that Rossi ever had a thermoelectric device tested at the University of New Hampshire and that it was as efficient as he claimed?

2) Can you identify any customer of Rossi's for any megawatt plant ever, starting with the one Rossi said he sold in November 2011, followed by 12 more orders from "the military"? If not, how do you know there *is* a customer?

• Official Post

Mary, you state something only based on your ignorance.

There is a report on the TEG, and nobody moaned.
    That is all. your claim is just a theory, with contradicting evidence, and nothing else question to support it.
    It contradict the fact that Rossi was an employee, and kept his position, kept his visa.

This is your general way to conclude, from ignorance, real ignorance or just wilful ignorance.

I can the same way insinuate that you are paid my ITER physicist to save their budgets, or by big oil (sorry shell, Amoco, SAIPEM, that is not personal) to slow E-cat emergence.
    I have no evidence you are a real people, not a lobbyist , not a paid troll. This is why you can be such a paid troll!
    This is an absolutely unfair attack, but it is simply what you do.

To be honest I just feel you are a conspiracy theorist, wounded by Orbo story.

• 1) Where is the evidence from Parsons or from anyone credible that Rossi ever had a thermoelectric device tested at the University of New Hampshire and that it was as efficient as he claimed?

As stated previously, Gary Wright has a copy. He says so on his website. He got it in a FOIA request. He refuses to publish it.

This information is available to anyone who searches Google for the index code of report you refer to: DE-AT01-98FE65489

You keep claiming you are interested to read this report, but then you keep ignoring the fact that your favourite Webmaster has a copy. This is very strange behaviour. Why have you not asked him for a copy?

Definitely wilful ignorance.

• Official Post

The report is available in few place and the story, is what Rossi explained :
    - LTI have something promising, but expensive (BiTe TEG)
    - he tried to make it manufactured by subcontractant
    - this did not work
    - the reason is for many complex reasons linked to mechanic and material science

http://dodfuelcell.cecer.army.…ry_items/Thermo(2004).pdf

Nothing abnormal for high technology innovation.
    It worked at small scale in the lab after month of hard work.
    When industrialized it failed miserably, and the postmortem analysis found that there was intractable problems to scale up.

This is standard story.

About funding, it seems joint proposal with CTC:

Teaming with Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), LTI has secured DOD funding to identify and quantify applications and develop a model TE device for electrical generation and industrial process applications. While significant benefit is expected in this demonstration program for the DOD, the benefits of TE devices also extend into other areas, such as the power-generation and general industrial sectors.

If there is a conspiracy, you have Rossi, LTI in US too, and CTC, plus complicity in the army.

This was discussed there
    The patent of Andrea Rossi about thermo-electric generator

there is a synthesis of Rossi's position... which match the report.

Reading his patent
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20050028858
    assembling was part of the innovation.

Thermoelectric module, comprising: a plurality of thermoelectric materials with opposed polarity connected by a first and a second conductive element wherein such thermoelectric materials are configured according to respective coating layers applied on at least one of the conductive elements.

Jus see that similar project, where key innovation is the geometry
    http://energy.gov/sites/prod/f…/f8/deer09_lagrandeur.pdf

Beside that the main patent is about anisotropic BiTe(+Se+Pd) / BiTe(+Sb+Au) junction.

In think people may understand why it is difficult.

Note that Chinese research about using layers of Au/Pd in BiTe TEG modules :
    http://link.springer.com/artic…s10854-011-0306-0#/page-1

EDIT: following Colwyn advices I found this second report
    http://freeenergyscams.com/wp-…moelectric-Devices-FE.pdfhttp://freeenergyscams.com/wp-…oelectric-Devices-OIT.pdf (same with colors)
    with first part already included in main report, and which detail mosty the application of low grade heat recuperation though TEG.

I don't see the 3rd report, and I remember it was kept secret by free energy scam. I don't know why, he is not the kind to respect secrecy.

• The report is available in few place

There are several (3?) related reports: The main one, which you link to above, and a couple of peripheral reports, by others, referenced by the main report, and going into more details about the initial testing. (DE-AT01-98FE65489 is one of these). IIRC All the reports appear to have been funded as part of the same project.

• @colwyn

Could you quote what was written about "initial testing"? I have read every paper I could find from Parsons. The one linked by Alain only mentions the U of NH *once*.

Leonardo Technologies, Inc. (LTI) has recently demonstrated their thermoelectric innovation (Figure 1) based on advances in mate1ial science and reduced production costs on a boiler at the University of New Hampshire (Munson 2000).

The Munson reference is this:

Munson, C. L., R.H. Gentile and C. Cassarino. 19 . Study of Advanced Ideas on the Seebeck Effect in Semiconductors and Use of . elect c Apparatus to Enhance Fossil Power Plant Effidency. Prepared for the Unite ta Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy. Contract No. DE-AMOl-98 5'2 1, ask DE-AT01-98FE65489. Parsons and Leonardo Technologies, Inc.

** note** the typos are how this copied from the PDF to this forum-- they aren't mine.

I couldn't locate this document on the internet but it doesn't matter. Far as I can determine, none of the authors are connected to the U of NH. Gentile and Cassarino are the two old friends of Rossi's who founded Ampenergo. Remember Ampenergo? This is as far as they got on their web site (from 2011!): http://ampenergo.com/ . If Munson worked with them, it was all "Rossi said".

So I ask again: please find me a credible test result, preferably from the U of NH or someone closely and demonstrably connected to the U of NH, who verified the 16% efficient thermoelectric prototype "tile" cited in the Parson's reports.

Meanwhile, I did write Gary Wright to ask if he is holding anything back in the way of documents about this matter. I don't know Gary, I have never met or spoken to Gary, he is not a friend of mine, and in my experience, he doesn't respond to requests of that sort in any detail. But I did try and if he provides anything, I will post it here.

Meanwhile, Alain and Colwyn, why don't you see if you can find and/or figure out what, if anything, Christopher Munson did with any thermoelectric device?

If there is a conspiracy, you have Rossi, LTI in US too, and CTC, plus complicity in the army.

You don't need any conspiracy. LTI *is* Rossi. As for the others, they simply believed what Rossi told them-- just like [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and Woodford do.

• No that isn't the correct Munson reference... That's Munson 1999... Except you edited it so that it just reads '19'. LOL. You want Munson 2000 from a couple of lines above, in the CERL report.

Regarding finding out what Munson wrote. Any US citizen (i.e. not me) can request the DE-AT01-98FE65489 document.

My conspiracy theory is that Wright purposefully hasn't released this, because the contents do not fit with his storyline.

• Regarding finding out what Munson wrote. Any US citizen (i.e. not me) can request the DE-AT01-98FE65489 document.

My conspiracy theory is that Wright purposefully hasn't released this, because the contents do not fit with his storyline.

What sense does that make if any citizen or US based enthusiast can get the copy?

While we're at it, someone please explain to me why, if Rossi was not going to pursue this further, and had anything but his usual type of worthless irrelevant patent, why he would not publish an article in a peer reviewed journal about this? And if not Rossi, why not the investigator at U of NH who did the tests? Any professor would give up a tooth if not an arm or a leg to be able to announce to the world a 16% efficient thermoelectric device a square foot in size -- especially in the early 2000's.

• What sense does that make if any citizen or US based enthusiast can get the copy?

Perhaps Gary Wright assumes gullible people will endlessly repeat his storylines all over the Internet, without bothering to check the veracity of it.

And if he gets found out? Well, it's only a pseudonym...

As for the rest of your post, I don't see a real question to answer, just a collection of your suppositions and opinions.

• Yugo / Hody: "16% efficient... a square foot in size" Do you have ANY idea what you are writing. This is an bad as your failure to distinguish spontaneous reactions from exothermic reactions. 16% efficient is what it is, regardless of the number of square or cubic feet. Are you suggesting "percent efficiency per square foot" is a valid criterion of anything? Solar panels, maybe?

I notice a few days back that you nearly tripped over yourself because I was able to suggest some position that skeptics might take re Rossi (recall heat pumps, COP 3 to 4). With this latest idiocy, you should best give it up, there is no appreciation left here.

• the problem is that the first not to be rationa are the academic, the editors, the journalist...
    they just don't publicsh informations.

The deal with journalists is a little more complex than the others. What a journalist does has a big impact on the news organizations publishing his or her stories. News organizations are not in the business of science, and any news organization that is not carrying out basic or applied research (i.e., all of them) will be wary of publishing against the scientific consensus, even if some of the editors and journalists have their suspicions about LENR. Just as I would be wary of taking a stand against the consensus of chemists on some topic in an official capacity, because chemistry is not at all my thing. For this reason the New York Times will avoid a story that could be construed to boost LENR, not because there's no one there who isn't a little curious about it, but because their business is news and not science, and it would be a little bit foolish of them, as a professional organization, to get ahead of the scientific consensus.

(NyTeknik's courage in this regard makes it stand out. I wonder if this is a Scandinavian thing.)

• Official Post

Mary, please apply to youself the rules you try to apply to us.

You claim US Army was fooled by a US company with the help of an Italian crook, who obtained a permanent visa after inventing a biofuel process.

please provide evidence. not inuendo, but evidence.
    do you have a report about the fraud on U NH ?

the occam razor is that what is in the report is exact, coherent, that TEG failed for predictable and genuine reason, linked to mechanic, material science and other industrialization problems.
    My intuition is that Rossi is creative but not the best at finishing the engineering. It seems true for E-cat that was "finished" only with the control of Darden, who is more serious (and richer, maybe this is the real key, not competence ).

moreover, this is without any importance since the technology of E-cat is proven working more or less, by the pair of report of Ferrara AND Lugano, which independently exclude any of your hypothesis, fraud, scam, delusion, complicity...

The more or less make the key of the Rossi's F9: if it works unreliably it is an industrial failure, but a scientific non-revolution (since LENR is proven it is an evolution of a "pink flamingo" scientific phenomenon).
    If it works reliably, we hope the general stupidity of Ivy League and the followers will not slowdown innovation too long.

Note that like you I take Rossi Says as possibility, not as evidence. Rossi is not Mother Theresa, and as Mats Lewan report he exaggerate, refuse to admit his errors, change his mind, try to fool competitors, and seduce supporters and investors... No doubt Tom darden have greater teeth than Rossi and know that Startup spirit better than Rossi, and how to mitigate it.

Anyway like Altavista search engine, it may fail despite technology, I even predict E-cat technology will lose on the long term, for many business and engineering reasons, unless something surprising happen with Darden&co.

• Good point Eric Walker. Unfortunately the commonplace conceptions can have enormous impact on funding and hence progress. CBS 60 minutes, NyTknik, Naturwissenschaften are great examples of extraordinary journalistic fortitude with respect to LENR. It will be eventually seen that they were able to rewrite history by their exceptional journalism. If no one gets at all ahead of scientific consensus, that is if no journal or news venue is willing to take the risk to report on undercurrents of change, science in paradigm shifting areas will remain frozen or at least glacial in progress.

• Some classic 'Mary Yugo' in this post:

I couldn't locate this document on the internet but it doesn't matter. Far as I can determine, none of the authors are connected to the U of NH. Gentile and Cassarino are the two old friends of Rossi's who founded Ampenergo. Remember Ampenergo? This is as far as they got on their web site (from 2011!): ampenergo.com/ . If Munson worked with them, it was all "Rossi said".

Are you for real? First you start off by saying that you haven't read something. Then you say you don't care about that. Then you pronounce your confabulations (about the thing you haven't read) as if they are written in stone. You are building up a belief system.

I always thought rationality was supposed to be a major part of skepticism.

• Sorry Colwyn, you're not worth engaging. Here's a clue for you about why. Before you refute an argument, try to show you understand it.

Meanwhile nobody here has seen or shown a single document or report which purports to prove that Rossi ever demonstrated a working high efficiency thermoelectric device to anyone anywhere. All you have cited is stuff Rossi said which various friends and associates of his, and the hapless folks at CERL, regurgitated. And we know how reliable what Rossi says is!

And for whoever commented on the size issue, Rossi claims to be manipulating single atoms. A large device of high efficiency would be much harder to make than a small one, if that were true-- which it certainly is not.

Alain, I will try to get back to you. It gives me a headache to parse your prose.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.