Overview of the Electric E-Cat X

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/12/30/overview-of-the-electric-e-cat-x/']As expected, since announcing the generation of electricity from the E-Cat X there have been lots of questions for Andrea Rossi on the Journal of Nuclear Physics about it, and Rossi has provided many answers that I will attempt to summarize here, rather than copy a list of direct quotes Original quotes can be found […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

By the way Jed cite @fabrice DAVID device as an example of direct conversion from LENR to electricity, in fact via photovoltaic device .

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DavidFselfpolari.pdf
    I've quoted key sentences to summarize the paper. I imagine Fabrice will answer questions...

• So Rossi states he taps electricity directly from the core.

My hypothesis Of what's happening :

1. We know from other research that LENR may produce electromagnetic alternating fields.
    2. The steel layers where introduced in the Wafers for efficient heat transfer from core (according to patent)
    3. But steel also conducts electricity, so the LENR wafer layer will induce el. currents in the steel layers (from point 1)
    4. Rossi knowing about LENR producing electromagnetic fields connected wires to the various steel layers and hooked up an oscilloscope to analyse If something interesting was going on.
    5. Rossi then noticed that the steel layers have HF AC voltage between each layer.
    6. Rossi hooked up fast acting diodes and is able to collect rectified DC currents from the HF AC fields from the steel layers. The DC currents will have varying DC voltage, but this may be adjusted to specific DC voltage with the right elctronics.

I'm pretty confident I'm right :) , that is If Rossi is not pulling a huge practical joke ;)

• I'm pretty confident I'm right :)

I don't think so.

If the X cat operates like a vacuum tube, it may be possible to control what it does by applying voltage to various control grids. Heat vs, electricity and voltage vs. current could be controlled by a associated control grid. This tells us something about how the LENR reaction works. If a voltage on a control grid pulls out EMF from the core, the electric output goes up and the heat goes down. If a grid restricts the current, then the voltage goes up.

The charged particle that might be effected that is active in the LENR reaction might be muons. Pulling muons out of the core may slow down the reaction and keeping them inside the core may speed up the reaction.

If I were Rossi, I would look for muon emissions coming out of his reactor.

So Rossi states he taps electricity directly from the core.My hypothesis Of what's happening :1. We know from other research that LENR may produce electromagnetic alternating fields.2. The steel layers where introduced in the Wafers for efficient heat transfer from core (according to patent)3. But steel also conducts electricity, so the LENR wafer layer will induce el. currents in the steel layers (from point 1)4. Rossi knowing about LENR producing electromagnetic fields connected wires to the various steel layers and hooked up an oscilloscope to analyse If something interesting was going on.5. Rossi then noticed that the steel layers have HF AC voltage between each layer. 6. Rossi hooked up fast acting diodes and is able to collect rectified DC currents from the HF AC fields from the steel layers. The DC currents will have varying DC voltage, but this may be adjusted to specific DC voltage with the right electronics.

Rossi usually (I think) has some fig-leaf for his strange comments. In this case my weak guess (but more accurate than most of the speculation round here) is that Rossi is using a TEG. He knows that stuff, and it will obviously do direct conversion heat -> electricity.

While PVs of different sorts are also possible, if he gets his device hot enough, TEG looks a simpler solution.

• So Rossi states he taps electricity directly from the core.

My hypothesis Of what's happening :

1. We know from other research that LENR may produce electromagnetic alternating fields.
    2. The steel layers where introduced in the Wafers for efficient…

Now you are the regular joker, aren't you.

• Rossi usually (I think) has some fig-leaf for his strange comments. In this case my weak guess (but more accurate than most of the speculation round here) is that Rossi is using a TEG. He knows that stuff, and it will obviously do direct conversion heat -> electricity.

While PVs of different sorts are also possible, if he gets his device hot enough, TEG looks a simpler solution.

Rossi is using the Edison effect because Rossi said that he can trade off electrical production against heat production.

The phenomenon was initially reported in 1873 by Frederick Guthrie in Britain. While doing work on charged objects, Guthrie discovered that a red-hot iron sphere with a negative charge would lose its charge (by somehow discharging it into air). He also found that this did not happen if the sphere had a positive charge. Other early contributors included Johann Wilhelm Hittorf (1869–1883),Eugen Goldstein (1885), and Julius Elster and Hans Friedrich Geitel (1882–1889).

The effect was rediscovered byThomas Edison on February 13, 1880, while trying to discover the reason for breakage of lamp filaments and uneven blackening (darkest near the positive terminal of the filament) of the bulbs in hisincandescent lamps.

Edison built several experimental lamp bulbs with an extra wire, metal plate, or foil inside the bulb that was separate from the filament and thus could serve as an electrode. He connected a galvanometer, a device used to measure current (the flow of charge), to the output of the extra metal electrode. If the foil was put at a negative potential relative to the filament, there was no measurable current between the filament and the foil. When the foil was raised to a positive potential relative to the filament, there could be a significant current between the filament through the vacuum to the foil if the filament was heated sufficiently (by its own external power source).

• Seems I am wrong yes :)

Rossi just said he collects el. Currents externaly as DC current. That could mean using the Seebeck effect, but that technology does not have very high efficiency, rather low.....If not something new have been developped....

• Seems I am wrong yes :)

Rossi just said he collects el. Currents externaly as DC current. That could mean using the Seebeck effect, but that technology does not have very high efficiency, rather low.....If not something new have been developped....

Rossi said that the power is coming from the wafer. The Seebeck effect requires a electron donor and a hole doner between the heat source and the cool side.

• Rossi just said no Seebeck effect is used....

so he have stated
    - power is harvested directly from the wafer (?)
    - the wafer is generating DC current ( WTF ?)
    - the currents are collected "externaly"

well I'm confused. And Rossi is a master confusor :crazy:

• Rossi just said no Seebeck effect is used....

so he have stated
    - power is harvested directly from the wafer (?)
    - the wafer is generating DC current ( WTF ?)
    - the currents are collected "externaly"

well I'm confused. And Rossi is a master confusor :crazy:

LENR produces subatomic particles. Lief Holmlid has shown that mesons are generated by LENR. Mesons will decay into electrons. Electrons are coming out of the LENR reaction in the same way as neutrons are generated by a nuclear reaction.

• Meanwhile, even the Vortex mail list, which considers unknown forces, aliens, and faster than light travel, is getting sick of Rossi. Consider this thread:

[email protected]/msg106637.html">https://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-[email protected]/msg106637.html

OK, for some reason, the editor software of the forum won't parse this link properly regardless of which way I try (I even tried manual BB code) and I am out of time so google Vortex and email list... and then search for the Whopper of the Week.

... entitled Whopper of the Week, by Jones Beene, who, IRRC, used to defend Rossi. I was kicked out of Vortex for my skepticism and sarcasm about Rossi. Incredibly, he still has defenders including to some degree, Jed Rothwell, who should certainly know better by now. Ah well... check it out.

• Mmmm... other reasons. I refuse to be polite to crooks, con men and criminals? Maybe. Also the main reason was that Beatty misunderstood what I replied to his inquiry via email and wouldn't attend to any attempts to clarify. He's a strange bird that one!

Rectified AC...TEG...Edison effect...

Remember when it was called the Mme Curie reactor?

...Alphavoltaic?

Gallium arsenide CVD film as p-n junction would be OK at E-cat temps. Conversion layer to prevent radiation damage. http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/n….nasa.gov/20110004872.pdf

7Li + p -> 8Be -> 2α

I have no idea if the supposed reaction rates would stack up to a decent output...

Edit: On second thoughts,TEG I reckon...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.