Rossi effect and apparatus to produce heat with high efficiency

• Let me add some points, for what it is worth.
    Regular petrol-burning automobile engines can make sparks in pressures around 1000 psi (69 bar) at a heavy engine load, in a gas + vapour.
    A spark, or several simultaneous sparks, engineered to trap some gas…

Spark ignition engines (Otto cycle) do not spark at that high pressure. Typical compression ratios are on the close order of 9:1. 69 Bar may be reached after ignition, depending on the speed of the flame front and the crank angle at which the fuel is all burned, but the spark has already done its job. Compression ignition engines (Diesel) compress the air to about 20:1, which heats it to above self-ignition temperature. The fuel is then squirted in and combustion takes place without a spark.

• Yes, It seems I used peak pressure, when the spark normally occurs much before this.
    Maybe 200 to 400 (fairly extreme) psi might be better.
    I once had cars with an MSD system that would fire sparks for 20 degrees of rotation after the first one, and these probably fired reliably in much higher pressures, with the caveat that there was already fire by the time the secondary sparks were lit which changes the conductivity of the atmosphere the spark was in.
    These were probably 10 to 30 kV sparks.

• Yeah, I worked with MSD ignition systems for years before learning that the company name was a contraction for Multiple Spark Discharge. Also, the gap length has a linear effect on breakdown voltage too. Typical modern cars have a .5 mm gap length but I have seen drag racers open the gap to 1.0 mm or more to get higher voltage. Because the voltage drops after ignition, the total energy dumped into the combustion chamber is most of what's stored in the capacitor. You have to read the fine print to get the amount of energy loaded into the capacitor as a function of engine speed. At higher speeds, the capacitor charging circuit can't fully charge the cap before it gets discharged.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.