about the mysterious customer

• AxilAxil ,thanks for that snippet about the accelerated U232 decay rate
    Shimakin and Shafeev challenge the paradigm of nuclear decay rates being independent of extranuclear conditions

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1112/1112.6276.pdf

They explain their results (as far as I can interpret) by the laser waves at the resonance frequency of gold nanoparticles ( causing the electrons in U232 atoms in the vicinity to somehow lower the coulomb barrier for alpha particles to tunnel out of the nucleus.. something to do with the lasers not acting as photons but as waves( they talk about intense changes in electromagnetic fields of the waves)

Rutherford said in his gold experiment it was as shocking "as shooting a cannon ball at a piece of tissue and having the cannon ball bounce back."
    A 530 nm photon has an energy of 2.3 eV.
    The alpha particles have energies of 5331000 eV.
    https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu…ch/virttxtjml/cnvcalc.htm

Rutherford would say something like " a soprano resonates a gold cup and a cannonball flies out from the salt inside"

Questions.
    1. No error bars...? mean/Sd n=?
    2. Repeatabilty ?
    3 Replications?
    4. Effect on a range of alpha emitting radioisotopes?
    5. Effect on a range of Beta emitting radioisotpes
    6. Effect on Lithium 7
    6. Can the size of the gold nanoparticles be made larger or smaller and the effect of more different wavelengths?

Interesting experiment which apparently makes the Lenr? environment accessible..
    Just make gold nanoparticles and dissolve radioisotopes. Hit them with lasers.

• robert bryant

With regard to this subject of rapid stabilization of isotopes, I sent this letter from which I got no reply.

To: Larry Ford

Professor of Physics
    Office: 158 Robinson Hall
    Telephone: 617-627-5356
    Email: ford (at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu)

Dear Professor Ford,

I have read some of your papers on the vacuum and made a connection between your theories and some hard to believe experimental results that support your ideas regarding negative energy.

As a preamble, I became interested in a science called nanoplasmonics to understand the behavior of some systems in alternate energy production. Metal nanoparticles confine, convert and concentrate light energy into dipole vibrations, This new field of study, deals with the conversion of light into electron motion on the surface of metal. These Metal nano-particles form EMF hot spots where this dipole energy is then formed into an electron vortex where their spins are organized into a powerful anapole magnetic beam through the formation of a Surface Plasmon Polariton (SPP) soliton formed on the surface of nanoparticles. This vortex circulation of electrons adds to the power of the spins many thousands of times by long lasting angular rotation inside of each electron within the vortex where each rotation adds a quantum of angular momentum to the spin totals of the soliton. This electron spin energy is aligned along this tightly focused magnetic beam and greatly amplified .

To understand this electron spin organization process and see pictures of the magnetic beam produced in polariton experiments reference as follows:

Half-solitons in a polariton quantum fluid behave like magnetic monopoles
    http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1204/1204.3564.pdf

There have been experiments performed that show nuclear activity as a result of this powerful EMF concentration. This powerful anapole magnetic beam may be causing a compensating production of negative vacuum energy associated with these SPP nano sized solitons.

I list these experiments below that show increased rates of nuclear decay of radioactive isotopes, and fission of thorium without neutrons. These are wet systems where gold nano particles are irradiated with a relatively low powered laser. When these gold nano-particles are not present, no nuclear effects are observed.

I reference nanoplasmonic based experiments here to show how the confinement of electrons on the surface of gold nanoparticles: a nanoplasmonic mechanism can change the half-life of U232 from 69 years to 6 microseconds. It also causes thorium to fission without neutrons.

See references:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Farxiv.org%2Fpdf%2F1112.6276&ei=nI6UUeG1Fq-N0QGypIAg&usg=AFQjCNFB59F1wkDv-NzeYg5TpnyZV1kpKQ&sig2=fhdWJ_enNKlLA4HboFBTUA&bvm=bv.46471029,d.dmQ

Experiments showing the same mechanism as listed below:

"Laser-induced synthesis and decay of Tritium under exposure of solid targets in heavy water"

http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.0830

Initiation of nuclear reactions under laser irradiation of Au nanoparticles in the presence of Thorium aqua ions

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0906/0906.4268.pdf

I am interested in how rapid if not almost instantaneous radioactive stabilization of radioactive isotopes occurs and only stable isotopes result from nuclear reactions caused by this nanoplasmonic based effect. I am impressed by the possible role of negative vacuum energy in this regard as described in the paper “Effects of Vacuum Fluctuation Suppression on Atomic Decay Rates”.
    At: http://arxiv.org/pdf/0907.1638v1.pdf

In explanation from these experiments, nano geometry of particles converts light energy from the laser into vortex motion of electrons in a nanoplasmonic “Dark Mode” soliton produced on the surface of the gold nanoparticles. Without the gold nanoparticles, laser light alone is ineffectual in producing these effects in this type of experiment.

The powerful emission of a nano-scale magnetic anapole beam by the soliton produces the separation of the vacuum into positive and negative energy zones. Through quantum fluxuation damping, the magnetic beam also forces the entanglement of the soliton with the U232 nucleus by pumping high levels of magnetic energy into the vacuum. This vacuum energy pumping using EMF energy from microwaves also happens in the EmDrive system under development by NASA where some laser beam probes exceed the speed of light as these beams pass through negative energy zones.

In another thought, action of nano sized particles and structures could be based on time acceleration by those nano structures as a result of negative vacuum energy production.

In dry hydrogen gas based nanoplasmonics systems, engineers use a commercially available nickel based catalytic micro particle coated with nanowire that amplify nanoplasmonic effects by using nanoparticles of lithium to amplify the catalytic time acceleration effect to a huge amount. This amplification is done through SPP asymmetric EMF inter-particle soliton coupling, where a large soliton produced on the surface of the micro prticle feeds dipole based electric energy superconductively via the nanowires on its surface into a series of smaller lithium nanoparticle based solitons produced by lithium rydberg matter based nanoparticles...like a step up transformer.

The Defkalion Green Technologies development team witnessed and latter described during product development in a dry hydrogen/nickel/lithium nanoplasmonic system where the magnetic fields produced through the conversion of infrared light is projected out of a micron sized reaction zone was measured at 1.6 tesla at 20 centimeters distance.

See the slide “Proposed Reaction Mechanism” in the following:

https://mospace.umsystem.edu/x…sisReactionMechanisms.pdf

This puts this particular nanoplasmonic magnetic field production method equal in power to anything to be found anywhere in the universe. He also has seen these solitons eventually explode in a bosenova whose cause is a mystery. The injection of these powerful positive EMF fields must produce the balancing of equally large negative vacuum energy fields. The study and possible engineering applications of these large negative vacuum energy fields would be very interesting if taken seriously.

I understand that this subject matter is hard to believe, but it might be an advantage to your research if you suspend disbelief long enough to learn more about this line of experimentation since you are familiar with all the mysterious things that negative vacuum energy can do. Being able to control negative energy through nano engineering methods might greatly advance your experimental work in understanding and controlling the vacuum.

If you are interested in this subject, I will be happy to share my reference library of related papers and experimental results, research, ideas and theories.

My background in quantum mechanics is not sufficient to take full advantage of this type of experimental data, but your background and interest should help you form your own experimental framework associated with this newly developed approach to vacuum energy nano engineering.

I would be happy to get you off the ground, to the best of my limited ability. If you are not interested, you might be kind enough to refer one of your colleagues or students to this new subject.

With best regards and continued future success in your work:

• eric walker wrote "
    My own working hypothesis is that all of the decay-related processes—alpha decay, beta decay/electron capture, and alpha capture (of energetic decay alphas)—are induced and accelerated in an electron-rich environment."

I don't know if this has any connection
    Norman Cook has justified the unreplicated results of Carpinteri-Carddone with his NVS nuclear fracture simulations.
    His probability equation for nuclear fissions appears to give results which are consistent with existing earth crust isotope ratios.
    Perhaps this probability equation can be used to predict the probability of beta decays and alpha decays,.
    The beta parameter, the nucleon-nucleon binding force in the denominator might be affected by the "electron rich environment" somehow.

However although Norman Cook can produce beautiful pictures of nuclei via his NVS software( downloadable) as yet he has no explanation for
    how the electron environment affects the nucleus except
    "THz acoustic resonance generates nuclear anomalies in fracture experiments"
    http://staff.polito.it/alberto…rs/777_CARPINTERI_MOD.pdf (2015)

The Armenian Sergei Matinyan wrote something in 1997
    His ideas of laser pumping and electron bridges have some good mathematical support of the way atomic resonance might activate the nucleus.
    He recommended the use of radioisotopes esp.those with low energy thresholds to exptally study how lasers and electromagnetic radiation might activate radioactive decay..
    http://arxiv.org/abs/nucl-th/9706005
    starting with Thorium. He hasn't written much about it since 1997 unfortunately. The field was low priority then.
    We still have no strong experimentally supported model of how atomic electrons affect nuclear structure in 2016
    "

• My own working hypothesis is that all of the decay-related processes—alpha decay, beta decay/electron capture, and alpha capture (of energetic decay alphas)—are induced and accelerated in an electron-rich environment.

Here a link http://www.iscmns.org/work11/12 Paillet-EDOH-Full1.pdf to a paper which explains why electrons can live much closer to the nucleus, than "old QM" states. It's not a Mills paper and there are many more.., You only have to search!

• Thanks Wyttenbach,
    Useful paper
    The authors ask why femto hydrogen hasn't been accepted despite theoretical justification.
    scientific prejudice operated against Einstein for a some years after his 1905 aether-Michelson Morley-special relativity breakthrough..special relativity was accepted by the most scientists soon after 1908 , now in 2016 it is essential for GPS. . It might take some time for the femto orbit of hydrogen to be accepted.

I couldn't find satisfactory satisfaction of why these femto orbits don't happen in normal lattice situations but Meulenberg's

"Pictorial description for LENR in linear defects of a lattice" looks useful.
    He is focussing on hydrogen-hydrogen fusion.. but this could equally well be applied to nickel-femto hydrogen "********" " we don't have a word for it but it is not fusion.

The nickel lattice is vibrating, the hydrogen atoms/ molecules are vibrating in a very confined lattice...and we get some kind of merging."********" "

I'll keep reading ..

• Sorry! For the "mixe up"!

You are right in the believe that the E field is the door for a future explanations (catalysing many body reaction). But as long as we don't have a basic theory of what really happens around the inner 3 fm of a nucleous, we must look at all possible parts of the puzzle. For me the Neutron path (Larsen etc..) is very unlikely, as long as nobody can show/explain how these beasts are shielded. Also Electron deep orbits are out of the (neutron) game because they are a sink of Energy not a source! But they could largly compensate for the fusion massdefect!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.