New Lawyer Added to Leonardo Team — Brian Chaiken

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

I don't know about that Abd. That may (although a stretch) explain why the lawyer Johnson, Fabiani, and this mysterious James Bass are sharing a lawyer, but I find it hard to believe that a legitimate corporation would join with the them. Just the logistics alone to reach out and coordinate with the other defendants in this short a time, wold be prohibitive. Then there is the liability of guilt by association if the others are complicit and they are not. Just don't buy it.

Shane, I think you don't know what a special appearance is. The lawyer, Aran, filed a paper for them. That's all. He is not otherwise representing them. I would guess that Johnson, a laywer, arranged this. What this would mean to me is that Johnson was going to file this, and asked Fabiani if he wanted to be included. James A. Bass is the wild card. J.M. Products is not, because Johnson is already the President of J.M. Products and we would expect Johnson and JM Products, then, to share counsel.

But this isn't counsel. The real counsel for the cross-claim defendants has not appeared yet. The letter from Aran says that he was contacted by Jones Day. I just read this again, and realized that he is also intending to serve by objecting to "certain notices of suboenas served and to which objection is due forthwith." This is likely connected to what Annesser filed about a hearing before the Magistrate today. Anyone have any news about what happened? Nothing has appeared in the docket.

Besides, most companies have their own lawyer on retainer, and if large enough they have their own in-house legal staff to deal with this stuff.

I have a simpler theory, and that is: Johnson, and Fabiani ARE JM Products. One and the same. And that they enlisted this Bass guy. Hence, all have the same lawyer.

Johnson is J.M. Products. The claim is that there is another "entity" that owns J.M. Products. IH claims this is false, that the owners of J.M. Products are involved people, like Rossi or Johnson, so the disclaimer written by Johnson could be false.

But if there is a real -- different -- company behind J.M. Products, they are not a defendant in the lawsuit and their attorney would most definitely not appear. Unless they decided to intervene (not impossible, but they obviously have not done that yet).

Keep it simple. What appears to be actually happening is that discovery subpoenas are being issued and someone doesn't want to respond to them. For example, Johnson being asked about the "customer." He may be claiming attorney-client privilege. However, he actually presented himself to IH as representing a company, not as their counsel. He may have a devil of a time claiming attorney-client privilege.

On the other hand, Rossi is, in fact, a client of his, but he stuck his neck in deep. He is in big trouble, as an alleged co-conspirator with Rossi.

• Official Post

Johnson is J.M. Products.

On the other hand, Rossi is, in fact, a client of his, but he stuck his neck in deep. He is in big trouble, as an alleged co-conspirator with Rossi.

To meet the requirements of the license agreement, it is irrelevant who the customer is, that could also be Mickey Mouse. The only important thing is that there was a customer and Industrial Heat LLC has sold energy to this customer, energy which was produced by the 1MW ECAT reactor, monitored, documented and authenticated by an appraiser. And what the customer has done with the purchased energy is in principle no matter, the power belongs to the customer and not to Industrial Heat LLC and in the license agreement in this respect nothing is defined.

... and

an alleged co-conspirator

...the only conspiration I can see is this:
    https://thenewfire.wordpress.c…merican-energy-companies/

• I think that a court would interpret the term "customer" to mean someone doing business on arms-lenghts distance from Rossi/Leonardo (and IH for that matter) and in that independent capacity actually consumes and pays for the heat, if not other reasons so because otherwise the "customer" requirement does not make any sense at all. A company directly or indirectly owned or controlled by Rossi/Leonardo is not a customer. To my understanding Rossi - correctly or not - asserts that the customer was a genuine customer in the sense just discussed.

• To meet the requirements of the license agreement, it is irrelevant who the customer is, that could also be Mickey Mouse. The only important thing is that there was a customer and Industrial Heat LLC has sold energy to this customer, energy which was produced by the 1MW ECAT reactor, monitored, documented and authenticated by an appraiser. And what the customer has done with the purchased energy is in principle no matter, the power belongs to the customer and not to Industrial Heat LLC and in the license agreement in this respect nothing is defined.

... and

...the only conspiration I can see is this:
    https://thenewfire.wordpress.c…merican-energy-companies/

I believe the issue is that many are "not connecting the dots" correctly.

IH is not suing Rossi about a false customer. Rossi is suing IH because he is stating that the 1 year test was the "GPT" that was to trigger an $89 million dollar payout. Rossi is suing IH because he is stating that the test was positive, proven by a "customer " using all the energy and was so "very happy" with it that they bought (3) more plants! (Not all stated in the lawsuit but this is meant to give an overall picture)

IH countered that the test was NOT the "GPT" and could not have been AND to "add to the evidence", the customer was not even real. This is presented as evidence that their is fraudulent dealings going on. Not that a customer was required by the GPT, but that this was NOT the GPT and there was no customer either. All evidence of shady dealings. So IH is not making a claim that the customer was important, they are making the claim that Rossi stated the customer was important and in reality the customer WAS Rossi.

So your point is correct that if a GPT was conducted as the contract stated, the customer or what they did with the heat does not matter. What would matter is that the test be conducted in an approved facility, with approved personnel and with approved equipment. IH is stating that was not done. IH is stating the "fake customer" is just further evidence of a "fake test". I.E. Why would Rossi not allow them into the "customer site"? So they could not see that 1MW was not being actually delivered.

So we need to keep this in mind.... Rossi is suing....He is wanting $89 million dollars plus triple damages....The $89 million was to be paid, triggered by a successful GPT, thus Rossi is stating the 1 year test was the GPT.
    IH is stating... no it was not.. That it did not even come close to meeting the contract stipulations.... AND .. Rossi presented it as "sale of heat to a customer" .... that the customer was making production ... that the customer was happy... even to the extent Rossi paid IH $30,000 per month for the "sold heat". IH is stating that if ALL that is fake... then that is evidence that the lawsuit is based upon false accusations.

I am sure this is not "proper legal" terms, but the gist is that we have to keep the entire picture in mind.

• Official Post

proven by a "customer "

No, not 'proven by a costumer', but proven by the from both parties excepted ERV Fabio Penon, paid half by Industrial Heat LLC and and half by Leonardo Corp.. If the ERV report is correct and there is a COP>50 then the requirements of the license agreement are more than fulfilled and it is irrelevant who the costumer is. The key to all is the ERV report and nothing else!

• Official Post

-Also in furtherance of this scheme, Rossi, both in his individual capacity and as the representative of Leonardo, and Johnson, both in his individual capacity and as the representative of JMP, traveled to North Carolina in August 2014 to meet with individuals from Industrial Heat.

-During this meeting, Rossi and Johnson made a number of false representations to Industrial Heat, most notably that JMP (at the time called J.M. Chemical Products, Inc.) was a confidential subsidiary of Johnson Matthey p.l.c. (“Johnson Matthey”), and that Johnson Matthey was interested in using the E-Cat technology in connection with a confidential manufacturing process it wanted to operate in Florida.

-In fact, in August 2014 Johnson on behalf of JMP even warranted in writing that JMP “[was] owned by an entity formed in the United Kingdom, and none of Leonardo, Dr. Andrea Rossi, Henry W. Johnson nor any of their respective subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, affiliates, significant others, or relatives by blood or marriage [had] any ownership interest” in JMP. See Compl. Ex. B. (last page of Plaintiffs’ Exhibit).

-JMP, however, has never been a subsidiary of Johnson Matthey, was not operating or planning to operate any manufacturing process in Florida, and was in fact owned by persons whom Johnson represented in writing did not have any ownership interest in JMP.

Abd,

IH states very clearly here in their counterclaim -and in no uncertain terms elsewhere in their latest filing, that JMP was a fake company, with no manufacturing process, thereby no product. That JMP was "in fact" not created as a front for a legitimate subsidiary of Johnson Matthy p.l.c "formed in the UK" as Johnson said, but instead owned by either Rossi, lawyer Johnson, or someone associated with them by business, or blood. Fabiani would be included under that definition.

While I do not understand the legal process like you, if IH is correct...and they sound very confident that they are, the fact that JMP's president and Rossi personal lawyer Johnson, his JMP, Fabiaini, and Bass being represented by this Aran lawyer may not be coincidental, or due expediency, etc. as you believe likely.

Once real counsel is known, and who they will represent going forward may either confirm my suspicions, or make me look silly. :) We shall see.

• Official Post

No, not 'proven by a costumer', but proven by the from both parties excepted ERV Fabio Penon, paid half by Industrial Heat LLC and and half by Leonardo Corp.. If the ERV report is correct and there is a COP>50 then the requirements of the license agreement are more than fulfilled and it is irrelevant who the costumer is. The key to all is the ERV report and nothing else!

Rends,

If IH proves their claim that there was no real customer, may I ask if you would still feel IH is obligated solely based on Penon's report?

• Official Post

Rends,

Thanks for answering. Maybe we have different philosophies on life, but under mine if someone lies to you then they should not be trusted in other areas.

If Rossi/Johnson lied about this customer as it appears likely they did, then everything else should be suspect -at the least. That includes the ERV report. And if the customer is fake, that alone will probably invalidate the contract under the "unclean hands" clause of the law IH has already petitioned under.

Take care.

• We need to remember, as Mr. Lomax has stated... Rossi is suing for the $89 million (plus damages). The only contract that we know of where there was an $89 million payout was for the "GPT" - General Performance Test. The contract regarding the GPT seems to have been clear. IH is stating that Rossi cannot sue for $89 million because the GPT was never performed. IH is stating that the 1 year test was presented to them by Rossi as strictly a venture to sell heat (profit center) to a customer. That it was never, ever presented as the GPT nor did they ever sign off or agree that it was.

Therefore, there is NO ERV report in regards to the contractual GPT test as it was never performed according to IH. The report, is from a paid consultant (50-50 IH and Rossi) to monitor the reactor while IH "sold heat" to a subsidiary of a UK company. So they are stating that the so called "Penon ERV report" is actually meaningless as to whether the $89 million is paid or not. They are stating that to also show that shady dealings were taking place, there was not even a real customer for the 1 year test and that it was all a setup Rossi put in place to try to force the payment. I.E. Rossi tells IH the move to Florida is to sell heat while planning to spring the GPT test claim afterwards. All this is IH's response. Whether it hold true in court, we will see.

So, if IH is correct about the GPT, as Mr. Lomax has stated, it does not matter what the ERV report states. The test was not agreed to or signed off on. For $89 million, one cannot "by pass" the formalities! In IH's view, the GPT was never performed therefore they are not paying. Then they have introduced evidence that fraud has taken place as a defense against Rossi's lawsuit against them and that Rossi has always known the device did not work.
    I am not a lawyer, but Rossi's lawsuit and the IH answer is fairly clear :

Rossi wants the $89 million that is triggered ONLY by the successful GPT. Therefore the 1 year test is the GPT in Rossi's eyes.

IH states that the 1 year test is NOT the GPT and was presented to them ONLY as a profit center to sell heat and to which they could also gather more operational data from the plant.
    That the GPT was to be performed in NC and Rossi refused, that Rossi setup a fake customer in Florida to attempt to perform the GPT in deception.

Who is telling the truth? Well, I believe the facts are certainly looking positive for one party but the court will decide if it goes that far. My guess is Rossi will drop the suit long before that. Will IH continue the counter suit?

Edit - I meant to reply to Rends.... my mistake :love:

• @Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax

Abd - we're counting on you! Are you planning on uploading the new document associated with:

MOTION to Strike Affirmative Defenses , MOTION for More Definite Statement by Leonardo Corporation, Andrea Rossi. Responses due by 9/16/2016 (Annesser, John)

That just showed up on PACERMONITOR?

Don't see it on New Vortex yet.

Thank you in advance for feeding our needs :)

• Official Post

As I read some comments about "strikes" it seems to be like a
    "please answer seriously"... it a variation of a motion to dismiss...
    the attack is not if it is true or false, but if the claims are serious, material, not scandalous (???)...

some interpret this move as a classical delay to prepare a better defense.

I don't know law, especially US laws, so, teach me. :huh:

• Okay, here is why I missed that filing. I was looking for Document 38 to show. It appears that Document 38 is not available to the public, and in that case, I get a message that I am not authorized to view the document or it does not exist. Not helpful, why can't they tell me which is the case???? I'm actually paying for PACER, but, ah, the government! Gr....

Now having dumped that irritation. I have now uploaded the motion to strike. This is analogous to a motion to dismiss, only aimed at affirmative defenses.

Document 38 is apparently minutes of the magistrate hearing yesterday. I actually checked just before midnight to see if something had been put up..... There comes that irritation again!

Viewing the docket in PACER means downloading pages of stuff, over and over, paying for each page each time. I figure I can wait a day if I need to. If someone wants to cover my costs for the docket downloads, I'll check it every day!

• MOTION to Strike Affirmative Defenses , MOTION for More Definite Statement by Leonardo Corporation, Andrea Rossi. Responses due by 9/16/2016 (Annesser, John)

For those who are not on New Vortex:

https://drive.google.com/drive…Ktdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

The new document now available on pacer.gov has been named "Plaintiff's motion" in the link above. (There were two new documents, one of which cannot be downloaded from Pacer.)

• @Eric Walker,
    Thanks for the link to the new document.

If I understand the gist of the Motion, IH will now be compelled to reply with a massive volley of evidence to further support their prior claims, or drop the allegations that cannot be supported by sufficient "clarification". (Or suffer the striking by the Court of the poorly supported allegations from their counter suit).

• If I understand the gist of the Motion, IH will now be compelled to reply with a massive volley of evidence to further support their prior claims, or drop the allegations that cannot be supported by sufficient "clarification". (Or suffer the striking by the Court of the poorly supported allegations from their counter suit).

Yes. Or just enough substance to satisfy the bare minimum requirements of the legal tests. This is combat through other means, and the element of surprise is no doubt useful if it is available (I don't know enough about legal proceedings to know whether it ever is).

• Eric Walker,
    Thanks for the link to the new document.

If I understand the gist of the Motion, IH will now be compelled to reply with a massive volley of evidence to further support their prior claims, or drop the allegations that cannot be supported by sufficient "clarification". (Or suffer the striking by the Court of the poorly supported allegations from their counter suit).

Actually, the evidence is in the Answer already. The Motion may be misleading. I provide a more detailed response in the relevant thread here: Rossi vs IH: Leonardo Required to Provide More Definitive Defense Statement

(The "affirmative defenses" are not part of the countersuit. However, some of them are supported by evidence given in the countersuit.)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.