• BrLP device has many wonderful things going for it including a self sustaining plasma reaction. This reaction is a earth shaking violation of current beliefs in science. But the mating of this reaction with a tungsten structure and a solar cell array that requires 3000C temperature minimum to function is something that is not going to happen. Why this is will first confuse the BrLP engineers then confound them then the schedule will slip then a high temperature electric turbine approach will be rolled in to replace the solar cells; the production costs will double and maybe more and the BrPL investors will become spooked and stop the funding and there will be another failed R. Mills system that failed to work added to a long list. Sad.

• BrLP device has many wonderful things going for it including a self sustaining plasma reaction. This reaction is a earth shaking violation of current beliefs in science. But the mating of this reaction with a tungsten structure and a solar cell array that requires 3000C temperature minimum to function is something that is not going to happen. Why this is will first confuse the BrLP engineers then confound them then the schedule will slip then a high temperature electric turbine approach will be rolled in to replace the solar cells; the production costs will double and maybe more and the BrPL investors will become spooked and stop the funding and there will be another failed R. Mills system that failed to work added to a long list. Sad.

I think your prediction is nonsense ... If PV really would turn out to not work (for whatever reasons) - you can still just collect the heat and turn it into energy using the carnot cycle ... If this technology is real (and not a scam) there will be sooo many ways to collect the energy.

• I think your prediction is nonsense ... If PV really would turn out to not work (for whatever reasons) - you can still just collect the heat and turn it into energy using the carnot cycle ... If this technology is real (and not a scam) there will be sooo many ways to collect the energy.

You are repeating back what I said in my post. But adding a heat system makes the SunCell a big and expensive to build and maintain system that requires licences and trained steam operators. Did you not read all the Jed Rothwell posts about the complications of a steam based turboelectric system? You cannot put such as system in a house or a car. The regulators (UL) will not allow it. Rossi has this problem.

• But adding a heat system makes the SunCell a big and expensive to build and maintain system that requires licences and trained steam operators. Did you not read all the Jed Rothwell posts about the complications of a steam based turboelectric system? You cannot put such as system in a house or a car. The regulators (UL) will not allow it. Rossi has this problem.

I agree. But in northern climes just plain hot water is a blessing- and also pre-heating feed water for steam turbines up to 99.9C saves a fair bit of money.

You cannot put such as system in a house or a car.

In this moment I don't actually see any reason in miniaturization of SunCell reactor. The regulators will indeed fight against every form of distributed energy source for not to lose their profit from grid based energy, but the open-sourcing of technology would wipe them easily. Actually Randell Mills will himself prohibit any application of SunCell, which wouldn't require the grid but IMO he has no chance anyway, once it will turn out, that his process doesn't utilize any hydrinos. IMO it's merely "classical" overunity plasma technology like the Energoniva technology or Langmuir recombination of atomic hydrogen.

• @Alan,

I thought that gas fed micro CHP generators were somewhat common in G.B. They claim almost 90% efficiency. Assuming the gas is not too expensive, they seem to be an existing tech, that is approved by underwriters and a good fit for an average home, in your Latitude. BLP seems to be a good fit also to be a co-generator.

in northern climes just plain hot water is a blessing- and also pre-heating feed water for steam turbines up to 99.9C saves a fair bit of money.

Exactly. Which was excellent evidence as far back as early 2012 that Rossi was a crook. There never was a need to develop a "hot cat". The original ecats, had they worked, could have made Rossi billions, simply by selling them world wide as space heaters and water heaters which operated nearly free of energy sources and energy costs. Of course, those did not work so it never happened just like Rossi's military and other "customers" and his robotic factories never happened. That's why Rossi had to invent the hot cat and now the (ROTFWL) Quark so he could find new methods of deceiving gullible reporters, scientists and venture capitalists.

Similar reasoning strongly suggests that BLP and Mills are also blowing smoke up investors' rear ends. Otherwise, they would have vastly better demos and verified tests as well as at least some products for sale by now. Hey, it's only been what, now, TWENTY-FIVE F'N YEARS since Mills has been making grandiose claims?

• @Alan,

I thought that gas fed micro CHP generators were somewhat common in G.B. They claim almost 90% efficiency. Assuming the gas is not too expensive, they seem to be an existing tech, that is approved by underwriters and a good fit for an average home, in your Latitude. BLP seems to be a good fit also to be a co-generator.

Not that common - I'm not sure how many but the ones I am familiar with are mostly garbage incinerators being used as part of district heating schemes. As is so often the case, Japan leads the way, Tokyo Gas and Electric Co., working in conjunction with Toshiba have installed over 100,000 1kW town gas or hydrogen/air fuel cells in residential premises, each one producing roughly 500 watts of electricity and 500 watts-worth of hot water, with a claimed efficiency of 95%. The installations are heavily subsidised ( cost to user circs $2,000) with the intention of providing flexible earthquake-proof services as well as peak time power. The government's hope is that the programme will eventually result in over 1M of these 1kW units plus more than 5,000 district heating/cooling systems of (eventually) up to 1MW also utilising fuel cells.

That's a whole lot of efficient energy!