The LENR-CANR ChatGPT is ON LINE!

• AI can certainly help disgusting humans excel in their "disgustness". Shake my head.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• These are two of three dilemmas of AI as I see them.
    The third being the centralization of data and computational power for a select few humans who would wield un-equal power over global socioeconomics.
    I don't want to spout out my thesis on these dilemmas unsolicited as it feels pretentious not being a certified "expert".
    Call it an continual case of imposter syndrome I guess. 😅

I have been going a little hard on the theoretical and imaginative punch lately due.
    If ever a there was a time in history that it was important to express thoughts into form, it is now.

• Some of you might have seen reports of the bizarre "Willy Wonka Chocolate Experience" event in Glasgow. This is probably another unintended consequence of the wide availability of AI tools.

Willy Wonka experience: How did the viral sensation go so wrong?
    It was billed as "the place where chocolate dreams become reality" but became a worldwide sensation when the reality emerged.
    www.bbc.co.uk

I've been involved with "venue specific" fringe theatre and performance art events - and they involve a lot of hard work, skill, and talent in their planning and execution. (Money is important too, of course, especially if you cannot rely on the architectural features of the venue to help.) It seems AI tools have given untalented chancers an extra impetus to try to bypass all that.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 5 times, last by Frogfall ().

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sabine with a twist on power usage based on new research...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nature:

Is AI ready to mass-produce lay summaries of research articles?

The latest version of Adobe Acrobat has a built-in AI assistant that can summarize papers. It does a pretty good job. Here it summarizes my paper

How to fix global warming with cold fusion

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJhowtofixgl.pdf

[The links in this forum are not working right]

The document discusses how cold fusion technology can help mitigate global warming by eliminating carbon emissions and enhancing carbon sequestration through reforestation projects.

It continues --

Here are some suggestions you can try:

What are the six things needed to use cold fusion for various applications?

The six things needed to use cold fusion for various applications are:

1. Sufficiently high power density: Cold fusion generators need to have a high power density to be compact and practical for direct use. This is important for applications such as powering electric cars or small devices.

2. High Carnot efficiency: Cold fusion devices should have a high Carnot efficiency, which refers to the efficiency of converting heat into useful work. This is important for maximizing the energy output of the device.

3. High energy density: Cold fusion technology should have a high energy density, meaning it can store a large amount of energy in a small volume. This is important for applications where space is limited, such as portable devices or vehicles.

4. Perfect safety with no tritium, or at least no tritium leaks: Cold fusion devices should be safe to use and operate without any tritium leaks. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen that can be produced in some cold fusion reactions. Ensuring safety and preventing any potential radiation hazards is crucial for the widespread adoption of cold fusion technology.

5. Reasonably low-cost materials and manufacturing: Cold fusion devices should be made from materials that are readily available and affordable. Additionally, the manufacturing processes should be cost-effective to make the technology accessible and economically viable.

6. Control over the reaction: Complete control over the cold fusion reaction needs to be achieved. This means being able to initiate, sustain, and control the fusion process reliably and consistently. Control is essential for the practical and efficient use of cold fusion technology.

These six requirements are necessary for the successful implementation of cold fusion in various applications and to make it a viable alternative energy source.

What is the purpose of cutting deadwood into chips?

The purpose of cutting deadwood into chips is to make it easier to transport and to convert it into charcoal. The deadwood is cut into chips to reduce its mass and volume, making it more manageable for transportation. Additionally, the chips are then baked into charcoal using cold fusion technology. . . .

. . . If you would like to see a summary and sample questions for some other document, let me know.

• The Adobe Acrobat AI described my paper. She added some details I did write. They are underlined in this example:

Control over the reaction: Complete control over the cold fusion reaction needs to be achieved. This means being able to initiate, sustain, and control the fusion process reliably and consistently. Control is essential for the practical and efficient use of cold fusion technology.

I do not see those two points in the paper. They are correct. But I didn't say 'em. It is problematic that the bot is explaining things the author did not. There is a trendy term "mansplaining." I guess this would be "botsplaining" or "AI condescension."

• Does that mean that the Adobe AI is dragging extra information from other sources (i.e. from the internet) without letting its users know?

It does seem that way.

When I set up the bot at LENR-CANR.org I set it to use only the information that I uploaded. Of course, it used its own general knowledge of English and things like arithmetic. But I do not think it would extrapolate or cite information not specifically listed in the papers.

In October, New York City announced a plan to harness the power of artificial intelligence to improve the business of government. The announcement included a surprising centerpiece: an AI-powered chatbot that would provide New Yorkers with information on starting and operating a business in the city.

The problem, however, is that the city’s chatbot is telling businesses to break the law.

Five months after launch, it’s clear that while the bot appears authoritative, the information it provides on housing policy, worker rights, and rules for entrepreneurs is often incomplete and in worst-case scenarios “dangerously inaccurate,” as one local housing policy expert told The Markup.

NYC’s AI Chatbot Tells Businesses to Break the Law – The Markup
    The Microsoft-powered bot says bosses can take workers’ tips and that landlords can discriminate based on source of income
    themarkup.org

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

AI being used to “peer review” academic articles submitted to AI conferences “Between 6.5% and 16.9% of text submitted as peer reviews AI conferences could have been substantially modified by AI. The likelihood of AI generating the peer review increased as the deadline loomed. AI “reviewers” were less likely to respond to author rebuttals.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2403.07183.pdf

Gerry McGovern (@[email protected])
    AI being used to “peer review” academic articles submitted to AI conferences “Between 6.5% and 16.9% of text submitted as peer reviews AI conferences could…
    mastodon.green

• I take peer review seriously enough to decline agreeing to it if I won’t have time enough to do it properly. I read the paper, the references, even extend the search for references, and provide my constructive feedback through the eye of my own experience. That could not be done by AI by any stretch of imagination.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.