• Which Platform would your prefer? 9

1. Telegram (2) 22%
    2. Discord (2) 22%
    3. Zoom (1) 11%
    4. X/Twitter Spaces (0) 0%
    5. Clubhouse (0) 0%
    6. Google Meet (2) 22%
    7. Other (Please explain with a comment) (2) 22%

If the LENR Forum hosted a Virtual Public Discussion on LENR, what would be your preferred platform to use?

Here are the links to the official LENR-Forum Telegram and Discord groups.

• I quite like Jitsi Meet. I use it every week, and it works directly in the browser (although there are apps if you want them).

Free Video Conferencing Software for Web & Mobile | Jitsi
    Learn more about Jitsi, a free open-source video conferencing software for web & mobile. Make a call, launch on your own servers, integrate into your app, and…
    jitsi.org

Can't use Telegram.

Never got on well with Discord.

Zoom usually works, but failed for me at the ISCMNS EGM.

Never used the others.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 3 times, last by Frogfall ().

• We will need to put together a programme for this proposed online conference, and may wish to invite guests. Does anybody have content suggestions?

Personally, I would be more interested in practical sessions on experimental design, and on alternative ways to run controlled variants of classic tests, than have to sit through long presentations on anyone's "new radical theory".

What would be the envisaged format? e,g One (or more) whole days, or a set of shorter sessions? Would it be webinar-like, with short presentations, and a Q&A after each one? Or would you prefer to run a number of smaller "break-out rooms" - where groups of participants could hold a chaired discussion, on a particular topic, after a brief introduction?

How would you intend to get around the usual "timezone problems"?

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• We have arranged for synchronised world time. :) Otherwise we could try split sessions, an early morning and an evening one in the UK (for example) would catch almost everybody in the world at a fairly convenient time. We could have the usual 20-30 minute presentations allowing time for questions. Some theory, and some experimental in content. , so 'webinar like'. Breakout rooms demand a fair few participants and I suspect would need a lot of bandwith. That might evolve, but not from the start.

• Does anybody have content suggestions?

An introduction to the Trackers STEM kit with a tutorial / case study of an actual experiment; tailored toward undergraduate students.

It could walk through potential technical snags, data collection, use of integrating detectors like CR-39 and bubble detectors, how to talk about the experiment to peers or teachers, what peer reviewed, mainstream published literature to cite as supporting evidence for the skeptical (the NASA neutron papers for example), etc.

Energetic Particle Emission in Pd/D Co-deposition: An Undergraduate Research Project to Replicate a New Scientific Phenomenon

http://article.sapub.org/Supplementary%20Material.pdf

• Jitsi also integrates nicely with Rocket Chat. Using the two together might be an option, as it would allow different rooms, file sharing, text chat, audio and video conferencing (group or one on one), all integrated together.

This would have the advantage of allowing some amount of organic/fluid organisation. Following a presentation, participants could choose to break off into separate rooms of their own creation to discuss particular sub topics, for example, and they'd have all the above tools at their finger tips. No need to organise such things in advance.

It also comes with mobile and desktop apps for those on phones, tablets etc.

Rocket Chat itself is free and open source, but needs to be hosted, which is a wrinkle. In principle, it's relatively straight forward (famous last words) using docker.

• I've installed Jitsi for clients before, it would need a server with public IP.

It did use to crash about once every few mouths and I would need to a restart it, I never did find a solution but that was about 3 years ago. Maybe they have fixed that issue now.

• I think it's a great idea to have practical discussions with people open to sharing experimental designs and protocols.
    Like orsova suggested having a low cost reproducible kit and tutorial workshop would be pretty awesome for the cause, but one step at a time.
    We would need to first generally agree on the particular STEM kit would entail, right?
    We could do a theoretical debate later down the road as well when it becomes necessary as disagreements halt experimental progress for safety or direction concerns?

I think the main point of a workshop should really be to share experiments which can verify claims of transmutation and radiations. Experiments that don't fit intuitively to our current understanding of nature and show promise for a better understanding of physics. The technological advancements I think will be self evident if true, but the current orthodoxy of scientific understanding may shift quite a bit in the process. I feel like that is a healthy thing anyways for humanity. At risk of stating something that some may consider metaphysical, paradigm shifts in understanding physics seem like an inevitability. As far as our known physics suggest about "change", it is perhaps the only universal constant?
    My apologies on the digression to deepness. 😅

I think the greatest tool of having a public conversation like this is it's ability to share ideas and general education more rapidly on the different parameters for the LENR occurrences. That's why I would be willing to attempt to take the helm and steer the ship, no promises on if I will be a adept captain though, but I will do my best and I know I will have help from some amazing people in this community. Ego's are something we all contend with, we all must make a consistent effort to recognize them as they are right? As long as we steer the conversation with points of merit, humility to be incorrect, and present empirical evidence on the topic of focus, we may have a really powerful organizational tool that's accessible to everyone?

I think if we can rapidly validate an experimentalist's claim openly, it will naturally become a viral light signal across the internet. Especially when it is presented as a scientific endeavor and not a monetary one. We should avoid trying to sell anything, and idea or otherwise, and just help us all see a little more clearly the documents of nature.
    Of course only for those who are interested in Science and Technology will even be interested can't force a fish to climb a tree... .. . ;)

I will look into Jitsi Meet Frogfall to see how easy it is to install and use.
    Having an in browser use like Zoom is probably a pretty big Pro for most people, so they don't have install yet another app.

• I've installed Jitsi for clients before, it would need a server with public IP.

It did use to crash about once every few mouths and I would need to a restart it, I never did find a solution but that was about 3 years ago. Maybe they have fixed that issue now. I'm sure it it called Jitsi meet back then.

By default, Rocket Chat uses the Jitsi meet website, rather than a privately hosted server. Though, the latter is also an option.

Your point is well taken, though.

• We would need to first generally agree on the particular STEM kit would entail, right?

The Trackers STEM kit is a specific codep protocol put together by the SPAWAR group, designed specifically for undergrads. It’s already been used successfully by a number of student groups. It uses In cell CR-39 to record radiation.

I think it’s a great tool, especially if it could be extended with options like bubble detectors ala the NASA work, or a simple form of in cell calorimetry.

The more options, the more students may be inclined to repeat the experiment and explore it?

Giving students a simple experiment, lots of diagnostic options, as well as the rhetorical tools to advocate for it to skeptical peers or teachers seems like a winning proposition.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.