Dielectric High Pressure Cavitation Cell by K-Fusion Technology, inc. (Republic of Korea)

• I want to bring this to the communities attention: this system looks Novel, but hoping the community can point out any similar processes that predate this (Klimov has been mentioned to me but I have failed to find a direct correlation).

My summary is a high pressure water pump up to 200bar sends a flow of water into a dielectric cell whereby a constrictive port with a laminate stack of dielectric and metallic materials ionise the fluid leading to plasma formation in the fluid without any powered electrodes. downstream magnets and static pickup pins can be used to vary the workload outputs.

https://www.youtube.com/@Heon-KilKwak

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP3787380A1/en

Thank you for your time and attention.

• Hi mkemp - welcome to the forum. Are you involved with this patent?

I'd just like to make a few comments.

Quote from section 0002
    Plasma refers to a gaseous state which is separated into electrons (e-) with negative charges and ions (A+:
    hydrogen atom nuclei) with positive charges at an ultra-high temperature. Further, the plasma also refers to a gas in
    which particles with electricity are gathered. The plasma has a very high charge separation degree, but is electrically
    neutral because the number of negative charges and the number of positive charges are totally the same. When a high
    energy is applied to a gas in a molecular state, the gas is separated into electrons and atomic nuclei at tens of thousands
    of °C to become a plasma state

The extract above seems to be describing a thermal plasma. Not all plasmas are thermal. Most plasmas that we we create are nonthermal. (e.g. in fluorescent lamps)

In a nonthermal plasma, the electron temperature and atom temperature are vastly different.

From what I can see, the images in the video just look like a classic vapour-shock nonthermal plasma, exhibiting a form of triboluminescence. e.g. If you spin a boat propeller fast enough, you get a similar light.

Quote from section 0218 (industrial applicability)
    The submerged plasma generator according to the present embodiment and an application including the same may be used for a hydrogen gas generating system, a plasma activated water producing system, and an electric power generating system which generates electric energy.

There seems to be no claim that the "plasma" would generate more energy than would be consumed by the pump - so its use as an electrical generator would appear pointless.

It could conceivably be used to treat (sterilise) water, but there are already simpler electrical nonthermal plasma devices on the market that do that - and they do not suffer from cavitation erosion, which might affect this device.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• No sir! not involved nor can I find more than the videos and patents, I just found the youtube and seen it was recent and thought it looked unique enough to start a thread.

There was a similar patent KR20160134252A/en that had more detail that claimed 7.5kw input, 37.5kw heat output or 45 kw electric output, but that seems quite high.

I can appreciate that the ionisation section may degrade due to the cavitation, but I fail to see an impact section.

I think this video is where high pressure spray into impact material causes the tribo effect.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also see this video uses a diesel injector type setup and would have the same tribo effect.
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But what strikes me is that this particular device can do glow discharge, arc discharge without HV input, I think there were 3 types of discharge.

It seems simpler than an injector based system and creates more visual activity than the high pressure tribo impact can.

To be honest I really wish they would use a decent camera.

• Pistol Packing Shrimp... ;)

Bioinspired mechanical device generates plasma in water via cavitation
    Engineering the weapon of the ocean’s loudest snapper: 3D-printed shrimp claw efficiently produces shock waves and plasmas.Nature can generate plasma in…
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

I recommend watching the two short MP4 videos, in the Supplementary Materials section.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Interesting passage from end section of this paper:

The 2012 Plasma Roadmap

Conclusions. The plasma community is a rapacious user of atomic and molecular data but is increasingly faced with a deficit of data necessary to both interpret observations and build models that can be used to develop the next-generation plasma tools that will continue the scientific and technological progress of the late 20th and early 21st century. It is therefore necessary to both compile and curate the A&M data we do have and thence identify missing data needed by the plasma community (and other user communities). Such data may then be acquired using a mixture of benchmarking experiments and theoretical formalisms. However, equally important is the need for the scientific/technological community to recognize the need to support the value of such databases and the underlying fundamental A&M that populates them. This must be conveyed to funders who are currently attracted to more apparent high-profile projects.

• More noisy water creatures...

Gills Aloud? Tiny fish found making very big noise
    A miniscule, transparent fish makes drumming sounds as loud as a jackhammer, say researchers.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Their working hypothesis is that the fish are drumming on their swim bladder - but as the previous pistol shrimp example shows, that might be a bit too simplistic.

Full PDF of the paper and supplemental data (video, audio, spreadheets) available here:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2314017121

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.