Rigel Member
  • Member since May 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Rigel

Does anyone know when this will take place? 1996 is 21 years ago. The vortex thread is from May 2016. It would be nice if Brian could provide some status. I am going to die of cold age (brrr) before we get a reproduction.

Alan,

I agree that the model T is a good design. Please do not take my concern about the dogbone as any criticism of the model T. They are separate. Since yours has a built in control it is better among other reasons. So I hope you didn't think I was disparaging of the Model T. design it is functionally superior and safer. Hope this is clear.

But it's best advantage is that it is available to everyone.

But Zeph it was not OT just the opposite. 5-9 were on point. I just did not understand your point.

Oh and ShaneD. This planet will not give a fly'n fluttie in 1 million years what we do, life will still survive (even if we look like bugeyed monsters) radiation nor asteroid can stop all life on this planet. It would only set back the singularity a bit :P Why this sounds like a joke only our species will be gone.

@Dewey, If I misspeak and I have many times here. I make an apology. I do not a see it as sign of weakness, it is the correct thing to do. You are an advocate for IH we get that. If you start driving people away this is not acceptable to me. I will in my humble way try to cull it.

Up your conversation or grow your insults.

But since the effect is not reproducible on demand we still do not know if it is an artifact of the effect of CF or the cause. It (H) is just is repeated since it is the prevailing theory and we are short on working theories. Again it may be Zephir's astroblaster and the nature of the lattice combined with H. So we head down the artifact path. I spent some time thinking about this. Heat and quench. Take the electrode or foil or whatever combo and heat then dip in liquid Nitrogen. I also thought about cavitation (also sonofusion), hell I even thought about using lasers for entanglement. I ventured into using (electro or neo) magnet pulses (diamagnetic or spintronics). I thought about cavity shape (magnetron cavity or maybe boiler tubes). So you do not think that I am attacking your argument, I am saying we need a new direction. At some point we give up on NiH and go to a new design and maybe thoriated Pd. PlatedPd_lightsource patent. And we need new reactor types that can test multiple combinations simultaneously.

/or maybe we need dinner :)

Zephir - no offense. What are you trying to get across? that Germany is an industrial country? I am trying not to read any more in this.

As far as your litany, yes this (your list) seems fair. I think your copy/pasta is about points 5-9.

Please make a point or at least a position on a point. He will do a lot of things in the next 4 years. So what about 5-9. Not that you ask but his point seems to be that he is trying to re-industrialize the US from a service economy (to me that is) based on 5-9. But regardless he seems to me to be the most unconventional president that the U.S. has had in my lifetime. That is putting it mildly.

AlainCo as always you provide interesting questions. So far we have no direct evidence that NAE promotes the reaction (just that it is an artifact). Alternately it may be resonance with the lattice "maybe" using a combined reaction such as Zephirs astroblaster (or quantum tunneling)to get by the coulomb barrier. Or NAE in combination w/astroblaster. Or as the skeptics say there is no reaction. Oh just for the record there is a reaction. I would not be here if I thought that LENR was unfeasible.

Some of us want see this coulomb nut cracked. This is why I listen to our thought leaders Axil/Zephir on this (sorry guys it's a compliment and God and the forum- knows you like sniping at each other:) )

We can only agree that there is something going on. Strong or weak force? Is an EM pulse required? To me there is correlation related to NAE since it is seen in both NiH(Li) and Pd(Li) and we see the cracks on SEM. Easy conclusion but it may not be correct. What is my point? We need to look in other directions. With or without theory. And what ever we come up with (or find) noise levels of heat will not cut it. To end, if we are just going to try different combinations of mixtures we need to design a better reactor that can test more variables at one time. Our current design (dogbone) needs to be enhanced or abandoned.

Eric, I do not see what the likes do either, I sure do not understand what "points mean" can I get a free Tshirt at the LFH store ;) You can name the buttons anything you like not just thumbs up and down. It would be better to have it (the icon) be "smart" or "not sure" there are a lot of difference ico's that could be used.

/whar my t-shirt?

Well the point is to up your game as I said I was called on it myself. Now look, you still have downvote it's just now required to be verbal and hopefully with references. Hey we are on the same side on Rossi.

Oh henry, I liked Eric's post do to the movie reference, President Camancho and Cheeto both begin with a C. Real subtle there.

Eric, TC did not just leave this forum. What happened to him caused him to drop out across the board (reference: all his disqus history stops cold from this point on multiple boards) This is what happens when the "What is your real name or your argument" people crash into someones real life, then the miscreant starts harassing you IRL at your place of employment.

Zeus46 wrote: "

Thomas Clarke never wrote anything so daft as what you did above. Are
    you seriously asking why the electricity bill was lower when the
    location was not being used?"

Zeus - I can not follow who or what you are quoting it dropped off, please specify. -thx

Henry, They're just saying up your game. Provide references (something I was called on) This is not ECW, they allow complete scepticism of Rossi here. I do not remember me being censored. Remember Tyy? He had zero content just "ya all foolz" if he just said why he would probably still be here. I rarely downvote, when I do it is because of lack of content or just a raw insult. I upvote to let someone who is addressing me that I saw their response comment to me. If I hit an upvote and I am not in the convo it is due the the value of the words and its appeal to logic. Alan has had to moderate (do the heavy lifting) now Eric is as well. From my dealing with Eric he consistent and logical. You are really picking the wrong fight IMHO. I also agree with you on the downvotes BTW. but (LARGE BUT) make a salient point when doing so. Another way to look at it. Now that the downvote is gone, to "verbal downvote" you are required to post a comment (w/ references) and deal with the question directly. So you still can express your opinions.

Titan - Your replication could not have come at a better time. I don't know if you are new here to Lenr-Forum (your new home I hope) but obviously you have a handle on what is trying to be done. It may take some time for people to contribute to help you as the word of a new replication will take some time to be spread. Folks will want to know your background, and where you got your materials how they were prepared etc. You may want to prepare a small paper on what you are trying and how you are trying it, more than the responding to each question using blurb approach. Once everyone has a basic understanding then simply point to this instead of responding often to changes in your build.

Providing more of a how-to of your specific recipe and your material suppliers each time requested but this is Just to save you some time. As above Mr. SS. :) is a good example of how people here want to help so I can promise you will get plenty of good honest help, ideas and occasional criticism. Please do not take any harsh words to heart. We all want you to succeed. I would recommend that you lay out and publish the plan so that as you get advice you can stick to one method at a time. And tick off what is not working.

tl;dr -> Expect requests for more data, write it down and then point to it.

Para - I was under the impression that we still have no idea on the "other side" of the Doral plant and maybe this photo is something he used for a different demo.

Also that one radiator would barely cool my big block R.V. I am sure it would not cool a MW.

On a completely separate note, there still seems so many questions on this case remaining. I hope that Matts Lewan is keeping notes for a book. IMHO this may be turning off investors but I do not think it is turning off the search for CF.

oldguy, I read the pdf's. thanks. I wonder what B. Ahern and Dr. Cravens are up to, I think I read that Brian A. is working on reproducing Thermacore . Brian also posts on EgoOut. I wonder if LFH could duplicate the balls (like the Model T.) we could have a kit. Also Dr.Cravens device seems rather fool proof. As it does not have many moving parts.

I wonder why MFMP does not try to duplicate, I must be missing some reason here. (I spend to much time wondering ;) )

oldguy - On my always hope kick. Do you know what happened to this experiment (even though he called it a demo or some such) If we get anything at all working I wonder why it is not being exploited (unless you are aware). I have heard no more of it. Since it is a low cost, I would like to see MFMP do it along with the dogbones. I would love a video from Bob G. well here is the latest from the dogbone and BTW the Craven balls have been running now for 4 months.

To hat tip MFMP, I used to stay up all night looking at the live runs. I went to their website QH they have a new interface that is pretty sweet. They must be smoking Virginia Slims, "you have come along way baby".

Mr. SS we are on the same page. I think in the long run we want the same things. I appreciate your candor btw. It is refreshing. So many want to top others. We in the South have a simple term for them just called toppers. No matter what you even try to say in an argument they will top it. (right or wrong ;) ). Let me ask after the Rossi story ends (it has to agreed?) we will need to move on. Please give your thoughts on direction. I (smile) don't think you are the type to give up easily. Maybe sometimes you can dispute the T.C. report on the Lugano test. I have to say it was the turning point for me. This man is a brat. (or prat whatever they call him over there ) But he is correct and has been peer reviewed by folks of the MFMP among some of us. Just n case Rossi does not prevail I hope you stay with us. This works (well am a Pd fan) we just need to crack it and duplicate it and see if it scales. Heck even Rigel can be wrong. ;)

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ClarkeTcommentont.pdf

Sorry Mr SS,

It was in reference to Ms. Yugo not posting since Trump came to power. I was actually worried that she was ill (I am like that).

I am a real person I have argued with Mary for years (just to up her game and not denigrate anyone). It is the same respect I show you and hopefully everyone. I also would like to hope for a better future. If I have caused you insult I apologize I may not believe that Rossi has the goods but you are entitled to.

Oldguy,

I watched the original steam demo you refer to. That hose had zippo steam volume coming out of it. So I deferred to people that were scientists (followers of scientific method) then WOW KaPoW1

After following OU scams for years I now find that according to Lugano scientists that Rossi had something, so I got hooked. But then the evil villain shakes tiny fist the DREADED Thomas Clarke report came out. This one report made me realize that my math was crap and I was awakened to not trust everything I read but to up my game. Well the rest plays out here, and I am not sure why others do not seem to agree with the numbers. So maybe Cravens has something but Nanor is noise. I hope that Holmlid does but to me IMHO NiH has played out without some breakthrough. I am also sorry if I ever non-intentionally insult someone with different beliefs here.

1 reference Batman 1960's