Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

@Paradigmnoia

But it sure has the, ahem, potential to be nasty.

I think the chances of catching a stray 400kV electrical hit are hopefully small. Keep one hand in your pocket when working with EHT is a good policy. (Not holding your nuts though) Good chance stray HT might screw a few instruments though. However, because of the (probable) impossibility of getting useful data out of a system running a permanent 400kV plasma-arc the plan is to use the arc in bursts only.

BTW, someone earlier in the thread asked about Quartz tubes with plain end-caps.LFH have just put into stock some low-cost 130X10mm Quartz tubes with a 2mm wall thickness. We also have plain fittings for them, or can engineer any extra fittings (tubes, valves etc) for the end-caps you fancy.

axil. Thanks for the link- I had read the Klimov paper but some time ago - a useful reminder. I note he was also using Nickel Electrodes. I have plenty of lead shielding, and good Beta/Gamma/X-ray detection. Unlike Klimov and co though I wont be adding copper and iron to the fuel- but more on that later.

@Wytennbach

[Since the R.Mills (about 50 papers), Parkhomow (about 6 papers), Mizuno (ICCF 11 p. 161) et all's experiments it is well known, that low voltage and high current is the key to successful LENR reactions. High current leads to a high B field which is able to align protons/deuterions and thus forming a kind of condensed "readberg-matter".

We have that. All Lookingforheat's reactors are designed to operate at 50V and around 10A. This is for safety reasons as well as boosting the B field inside the reactor. So I am thinking of a system with several triggers here. We have 1. Heat, 2, B-Field, 3. HT (400kV).

The heater coils- will post a picture later - are split into 4 parts- 2 groups of 2. The induced EM field goes N-S/ N-S/ N-S/N-S along the reactor - but coils 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 are driven by separate DC-PWM circuits which are designed to 'heterodyne' with non-synchronised square waves at 16kHz. So we will have a great deal going on.

Thank you for your interest. My own thought on a name btw was 'PlasmaCat'.....

Hi bjt2. This patent has been discussed on ECW and I also posted a summary/overview of the patent on Lookingforheat.com. I have been unable to track down any replications, or indeed anything else that these guys did. And FWIW, it was never a patent, but only an application.

I support your plea, Hank, and I know how passionately you care about this matter. But must suggest two things. Firstly, tone it down a bit, you are not helping ME356's stated worry about the amount of attention he will attract, and secondly please give up on asking the representatives of IH for information, all you will get is the 'official line'.

[quote='Thomas Clarke','https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/3232-To-discus-the-science-behind-the-dispute-between-Rossi-and-Industrial-Heat/?postID=19972#post19972']There is oxygen from the Ni powder which will have oxide surface unless passivated (and then will have carbonate etc surface). and as Tom points out there are other sources. (Somone will correct me if wrong on this).

Since de-oxidation of the Nickel is a standard part of the preparation procedure (and I do not think CO2 passivation of anything except the very small amount of nano-lithium present in some experiments is the norm) it is very difficult to see how you could dredge up enough to be useful - or sufficiently energetic to melt a steel fuel tube wrapped in Alumina. And melt the Alumina. And if the Oxygen has already reacted with the Nickel, it is hard to imagine where else it might go -recombination with free Hydrogen gas seems unlikely and because of the small quantities involved equally unlikely to produce much in the way of exothermy. A gram or two of Nitroglycerine might release enough energy to bust a reactor, but that would result in fragmentation -not a meltdown. As for other sources capable of the relatively slow release of this kind of energy, what are they?