Zeus46 Member
  • Member since Sep 22nd 2016

Posts by Zeus46

I do remember an impressive paper I misplaced before I could take enough time with it to try to grasp exactly what had been done and how. Maybe that was it. If someone really got 400W out with zero power in, for an appreciable period of time and with proper blanks and calibration, it is the most impressive demonstration of LENR ever. So the link please. Pretty please?

Please give him the link Jed! Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves...

THHuxleynew

For sure!

Look.... People who visited Doral said it wasn't hot inside. I say if there was 1MW generated, it would have been hot inside, and I don't want to put words in your mouth, but reading your posts you also say it would have been hot inside... By ~10C above outdoor temp... and even that's *with* this supposed mezzanine heat exchanger maxed out.

Quite frankly, all this talk about aircon and room temperatures is a somewhat pointless distraction from the fact that this alleged mezzanine heat exchanger has some highly unlikely design parameters.

'Hot' is a singular mass noun that covers a wide range of possibilities, including 'uncomfortably hot'.

And the lexical semantic equivalent is saying: someone that has been shot with a rifle has been shot.

It is also a fact that Rossi's warehouse was at normal temperature, or even cool. So there is not the slightest chance of heat release of 200 kW, or even 60 kW.

...An point that is implicit to every nearly post I have made in this thread.

Yes... Fair enough regarding your final paragraph, and my apologies for being unable to follow the myriad of posts you shotgunned across multiple threads. Perhaps it should be renamed 'Shananhan's Jigsaw Theory'.

From your linked paper:

Since m and b are statistical parameters, it is reasonable to assume some variation in these parameters would be observed if repeated calibrations were conducted.

Which, obviously, can't be argued with... Of course there would be variations. In both directions. I'm not sure why you assume that these will always go the way of showing a false excess heat.

Thus a +3% calibration difference can produce an apparent positive excess power of 3%, which for 20 W input would mean an excess power of 600 mW.

And vice-versa. I'm surprised you think that doesn't warrant a mention.

First, it was not hot inside.

You say a packed movie theatre would get hot inside, we say Doral should have been hot inside. Seems fair enough?

Second, with 100 to 200 kW it would not have been merely "hot" -- it would have been intolerably hot, so that no one could stay inside for long. It wasn't, as I said.

Pure lexical semantics... One man's "hot" is another man's "intolerably hot"

Here are no rules, it is a playground build up as a reaction of the endless in circles rotating and thus pointless debates here in the forum, where in principle the only aim is to discredit the debaters through unsubstantiated personal attacks. If you what to do this, or if you like it, or need it (there are people out there you have such desires) then come over here to the playground, but do not complain.

That's because you haven't bothered to grasp what I've said, just like Jed. (Hint: My first paper on this subject reanalyzed data from a MASS FLOW CALORIMETER.)

Well then, why are you always rabbiting on about F&P type calorimetry? ...Probably because your unique error mechanism is at least semi plausible in those cases.

And how helpful of you to include a link...

Anyway, my apologies. Perhaps you deserve a little more respect... It's not everyone who can discover a new physical phenomenon from the comfort of their writing desk.

Well that maybe, but my point was even if you assume KS has come up with a reasonable argument to discredit F&P type calorimetry, I don't see how the same can apply to mass flow calorimetry.

Right, I see now. I think the point we are trying to arrive at is...

Are you saying this is approximately how much heat can be dissipated with an normal building, with conventional HVAC? I think it is less than this. Two real-world examples:

The average U.S. movie theater capacity is 200 to 300 people....

THH's rather wide estimate of <200-500kW is theoretically how much heat can leave an poorly insulated industrial unit (the size of Doral) through the walls, floor, windows and roof. I basically agree with this, based on my own estimates of the U-values of the structure.

Yes, maybe the Doral HVAC was limited to 30kW or so, but that's almost insignificant given the amount of heat that can dissipate through the structure, assuming a large temperature rise inside. I don't think THH considered the HVAC, based on what he wrote, and neither did I... (Possibly because we aren't used to such systems in similar situations the UK, as most of the time the weather is temperate enough not to need it).

You say a packed movie theatre would get hot inside, we say Doral should have been hot inside. Seems fair enough?

And come to think of it... It seems Rossi can't use the internet either... Why weld hundreds of metres of pipe together when he could have got an off-the-shelf solution from Bowman???

Answer: Because buying from Bowman would have left a paper trail, which would have necessitated faking the documents when Rossi realised post-fact that he needed a heat exchanger. Far too risky when a simple phonecall to Bowman would have exposed him.

(Based on steel price and site-welding costs, I reckon a Bowman heat exchanger would have probably worked out much, much cheaper)