interested observer Member
  • Member since Feb 10th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by interested observer

Director, I realize that I am a trigger for your pent-up rage, but I am confident that many of us here are genuinely curious whether there are any fringe claims of any sort that you do not automatically assume are valid?

Either answer the question or ignore this post. Don’t go off on another of your ad hominem rants please.

In general, effective, cogent, and convincing criticism should come from those who have a depth of knowledge about the subject that is equal to or greater than those who research the subject.

It is abundantly clear that there are individuals here who are quite confident that their tireless scouring of fringe websites provides far greater scientific acumen than advanced degrees and decades of research experience.

You have a point. Director's declarations are generalisations based on LENR-like plasma based experiments at large. There could be some actual interesting patterns he is observing even if it may be simplistic and built on questionable theories. The Romans didn't need to understand the fundamental nature of combustion and water phase transitions to build the first simple steam engine.

My point is that the only “information” about the e-cat SK we have is that Rossi says it is really swell. There is literally nothing more we know about it. So how can the poster be opining about something about which he has some knowledge?

So Sicario is not entitled to opine about EVOs because he has not demonstrated appropriate expertise while Director can make declarative statements about the theoretical operating principles underlying Rossi’s latest devices about which absolutely nothing has been revealed other than their name. Local ground rules, I guess.

Clearance Items is the purgatory where comments that are completely off-topic are sent. It is starting to look like we may now have comments that are actually off-topic from Clearance Items.

It's turned from serious, to harmless fun IMO. Like Trekkies. Rossi fans know (well, hopefully they do) that what he is feeding them is all fantasy, but it gives them an excuse to talk about exotic technologies, show off their knowledge, and dream of what could be.

I hope you are right about Rossi fans, for the sake of the gene pool.

Some people spend a lifetime studying and pursuing science and come to understand that there are far more questions than answers. Others putter around on the internet for a while and declare that they have all the answers. And so it goes.

I always appreciated IO's reminding us how fruitless this all is, and what fools we *probably* are, all the while hoping we are right (and him wrong).

i appreciate the semi-kind comments, but don’t think they accurately reflect my opinion. Generally speaking, I don’t consider the LENR community to be fools at all nor its efforts fruitless. I am not terribly optimistic about its prospects, but certainly am happy to be proven wrong. Now, if we are talking about Rossi believers, then I do believe they are fools and expecting anything of value from him a fruitless endeavor.

I want to puke at the idea of getting any respect from you. Being anything less than an ant under your boot is an insult. If I were on fire in the street and you had a fire extinguisher, I'd rather burn to death or live the rest of my life in a burn ward than allow you to help me. If the world was about to come to an end and your space craft was the only way to get off the planet, I'd wait here until the end.

You have some serious anger issues. You should work on them in between epiphanies on the nature of the universe.

I think by observing Brilliant Light Power, The SAFIRE Project, and Andrea Rossi we can figure out how to build a robust, powerful system that will FAR exceed the burden of proof.

The inclusion of the words “I think” in your post earns a great deal more respect than your typical comment. Kudos.

At least you said it would be a great

year if he does.

Of course it would be great if the e-cat was real. It would stupid to think otherwise. Would I prefer that a world-changing energy invention come from someone other than a career con man? Absolutely! But I would gladly celebrate such a breakthrough from wherever it comes.

Sorry Sam. No such hint is there.

I would be delighted if there were unicorns and it would be really cool if Bigfoot was real. But I have zero expectation for either and the same for anything worthwhile from Rossi.

And happy new year to you as well.

All the best, buddy..2020 will be a tough year.

Cheers,

JB

In what way will it be a tough year? I have to guess that you are insinuating that Rossi will miraculously produce something real and that I would be unhappy about it. If that is the case, let me straighten you out. If Rossi comes through with the real deal, it would be a great year. See if you can sort that out in your narrow world view.