interested observer Member
  • Member since Feb 10th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by interested observer

Not trying to wind anybody up.

But it doesn’t take much to get the

Rossi Skeptics going.

Haven’t checked in for at least six months. Obviously I haven’t missed anything. And yes, still a “Rossi skeptic”, a unicorn skeptic, a Santa Claus skeptic….

This site used to be dominated by discussions about Rossi. Very little to do with LENR, but at least entertaining. Now it’s mostly a place for nonsense about Covid as if there needs to be more channels for that. Oh well. Sorry to intrude.

The LENR Forum Covid Rant Forum is alive and well and doing an impressive job of hiding posts about Rossi amongst reams of Covid drivel. Bravo! At least it demonstrates that self-appointed experts in physics are also self-appointed experts in epidemiology.

Same thing here. All you have to do is walk through the curtain if you want to look.

i see. The analogy is that if you want to see what’s going on with the Rossi comedy show, you need to wade through thousands of words of self-appointed medical experts pontificating about Covid. Probably at least as effective as a black curtain, I suppose. And meanwhile, management can claim this is primarily an LENR site because the busiest part of it is plain-labeled and therefore effectively invisible Very persuasive.

Unfortunately, that was our intent in combining the threads in the first place, so it has worked as we had hoped. Anyone who wants to discuss either COVID or Rossi, can still do so. It was a compromise to make it more difficult, yet still accessible.

A perfect example of powdering a pig. As I have said before, who exactly is this charade fooling?

Suffering from Rossi thread deprivation?

To be honest, removing the Rossi thread is justifiable on the basis that it is a bunch of non-scientific nonsense. It is just entertaining. The Covid discussion is mostly just off-topic assuming that the site is actually devoted to matters LENR. Of course, there are many other discussions here whose relevance to LENR is at best dubious.

My whole point in raising the issue is that hiding the rampant discussion of covid under “Playground” does not discourage the spread of this verbal virus on the website. All it does is make it easy to encounter it unintentionally. If you are going to allow it to continue, stick it in a thread labeled Covid discussion so that only people who want to read it will do so. It’s known as quarantining.

So the main activity on this website is an ongoing debate about Covid-19 and it is tucked away in a thread called “The Playground” to indicate that it is not an appropriate topic. Who exactly is this subterfuge supposed to be fooling? How about acting like grownups and call this thread “Covid-19 Discussion” or something similar? i’m sure the LENR police will let you slide.

Haven't we been close to the end on a yearly basis now for over a decade? This time it will not be different. The only thing I am curious about is how he will get out of it this time.

Get out of what? He makes claims and they prove to be nonsense. He has failed to do or show anything real for a decade and he still has people who believe in him. That is likely to continue.

To bury it out of view. Talk of Rossi, and the COVID thread are what we are most often told distracts us from our main goal of promoting LENR. Some claim they do not join, or participate, specifically because of that. On the other hand, we have many like yourself who want to talk about Rossi....and others COVID

So we settled on a happy middle ground. For those who want to find Rossi, they know where to dig. Those against, can't complain if they find where those discussions are.

That is truly ludicrous! Thanks for the explanation though.

So can the management explain why the Covid-19 thread was closed so that there can be thousands of posts on the subject in the Playground? Is this supposed to convince anyone that the subject is not the most active one in the forum?

It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out. I think it is quite safe to assume that there will not be orders for one million units. So one scenario is Rossi says “oh well, then I can’t build and deliver any.” Seems likely except why go through the whole charade in the first place? Or, Rossi claims there ARE a million orders and starts asking for credit cards. Unless the plan is for outright theft, then he would have to deliver something to the (hundreds?) of customers who placed orders. Then what? I guess the true believers think that the things will actually do something useful. But discounting that unlikely outcome, the result will be fuss, bother, and litigation - probably for years to come. Rossi is a master of dragging out non-events for years, so this will take some time.

What you said is relavant however we don't talking about one investor who have to spend $75 million.

Agree this kind of guy never do that.

Now, a lot of independent persons should spend a lower amount only for one device, the risk in this way is lowered, acceptable.

I think good or bad this is the gamble of AR.

The chances of one or two insane individuals putting up the money are vastly greater than a hundred thousand independent persons ordering one or a few. I strongly doubt that there are more than a couple of thousand people who even know that this supposed miracle product allegedly exists. And unquestionably a far smaller number are gullible enough to order one.

As this thread winds to a close, we should at least pay homage to what has to be the biggest whopper Rossi has ever spewed: the claim that there are outstanding orders for 300,000 SKLeps. What are the chances that there could possibly be enough idiots on the planet to offer up $75 million for a product that is untested, unverified, and about which essentially nothing is even known? And yet, the lifeforms that inhabit ECW believe it. It truly boggles the mind...