interested observer Member
  • Member since Feb 10th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by interested observer

Ok Adrian. You got to call me names and question my command of the language. Feeling better?

So here are your exact words:

"The purpose of the demo was to show the characteristics of the QX. Not only did it do that well but you are overlooking that it was a significant advance.

Consider its small size, that it can be instantly switched on and off, that it has a COP 500 - 1000. It can operate at 2300 C. That is a major step forward."

Go ahead and explain how you are saying these things are just claims. As I read it, you are stating these things as facts with great confidence. You keep insulting me while you continue to make a fool of yourself. Carry on.

Well, things are progressing according to the schedule I posted last month:

1) Rossi announces an upcoming pivotal event

2) Rossi supporters become very excited and conveniently forget everything that happened in the past. They proclaim that skeptics will soon be eating crow by the bucketful.

3) Supporters and skeptics argue vociferously for weeks on end before the "event"

4) The event happens and it is sort of what was anticipated but not quite

5) Supporters are ecstatic declaring the dawn of a new age

6) Skeptics and non-combatants alike point out glaring problems with "the event" until it is clearly revealed as meaningless

7) Supporters gradually retreat to relative silence

8) Rinse and repeat

5 and 6 generally last a few weeks, so grab a beer and settle in.

It boggles the mind that after a year of this nonsense during which it was firmly established that the Doral test comprised a fictitious customer performing a fictitious industrial process at a phony company site and the reported data makes no sense whatsoever, people are still debating whether there were missing window panes. Talk about grasping at straws!

One of the main reasons people cling to scams is that it is too big a blow to their egos to admit they were taken in. Much easier to keep on believing and coming up with specious reasons for why it couldn’t possibly be a scam unless it was the most cunning scam in history.

Shane, as usual people are focused on the wrong thing. I have no clue whether any of Rossi’s merry men are in on a scam. My comment is strictly pointing out that there would be nothing remarkable about it if they were. The notion that if Rossi is a scammer he has perpetrated one of the greatest scams in history is absurd. If it is a scam (which I think we both think is the case), it is hardly one of record-breaking magnitude. And that is all I was communicating to IHFB.

IHFB, have you read anything other than on LENR websites? If not, let me be the first to tell you that history is filled with conspiracies, scams, and shady dealings that utterly dwarf anything the Rossi business entails. The argument that Rossi’s affairs are too monumental to be a scam is pathetic. I suppose you somehow think that Fabiani (some obscure Italian engineer whose only claim to fame is his association with Rossi) being in on a scam is too preposterous to be possible? Go study the Bernie Madoff case. That was an extensive and complex conspiracy. Get real.

Do you seriously think that a handful of totally obscure people being in on an energy scam constitutes “one of the most extensive and complex conspiracies hoisted upon the world in recent memory”? That is one of the silliest contentions I have ever heard.

Shane: "There may actually be something to Rossi, and we shall see shortly."

I think the safest thing that one can say about the forthcoming Rossi event is that it will change absolutely nothing. I'm sure there will be wild and dramatic assertions from all quarters in the wake of the demo for a little while but within weeks we will be back to the same pointless bickering between those who believe in spite of everything and those who can't understand why anybody would. So, in the big picture, I am confident that we will see very little shortly.

Years ago, someone likened Rossi’s brilliant business strategy to someone discovering the biggest motherlode of gold in history and trying to capitalize on it by selling earings in a kiosk at the mall. Of course, it would make perfect sense if it was only fool’s gold.

Adrian, you choose to view the list as ad hominem attacks on Axil, but they are, as far as I can figure, simply a complete list of the possible explanations for his statements about Rossi. I didn't imply anything about which one was accurate. If you believe #1 is an accurate reflection, then there is nothing insulting about it at all. Presumably, if you are understandably skeptical about #2 and are convinced that #3 is false, then there is no problem. Unless, of course, you think there is a 4th possibility, which what what I was asking you about in my post that you described as "wishful thinking".

So, if you can back away from the "anything the 'enemies of LENR' say has evil intent" mindset for a moment and just reflect on this issue, what is your view about the definitive statements Axil has made about Rossi's activities? Are they facts from the horse's mouth or other insiders, does Axil have some sort of mystical insights that the rest of us don't, or is he making it all up? Seriously. It has to be one of those things.

To a great extent, most statements made by people here should be considered to have a tacit "In my opinion" preceding them. The exceptions are citations and quotations of other people's statements and pretty much anything stated about the e-cat, which carries a "Rossi says" grain of salt. Some people have a habit of stating things as though they were absolute facts (see all comments by Axil, for example), but I think we should not get too hung up on alleged certainties that are more rhetorical than heartfelt (again, with the possible exception of Axil's remarks.)