The Real Roger Barker Member
  • Member since Jul 21st 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by The Real Roger Barker

My point still stands Jed. Despite your claim of thousands of successful tests we are yet to see one working reactor.

Can you please provide me a link to McKubre's paper. I will read it and then we'll discuss.

Alan I am legitimately puzzled and curious. I honestly cannot figure MY's motivation here. If it were not for the fact that I've seen posts here which seem to credit him/her with at least some scientific credentials I would have written him/her off months ago as a paid astroturfer. If not, then Rossi must have done something exceptionally personal and especially agregious to him/her at sometime in the past, for him/her to hate him so much. The only other person here who even comes close is Jed Rothwell and I at least know who he is.

Oh boy, you don't even know the half of it rookie. At least Mary is reigned in here, somewhat. You should have seen hir at ECN.

I kid you not, if you had 1c for every post Mary Yugo has made on the internet you'd be a multi-millionaire. Guaranteed.

Moved from the E-Cat QX thread. Eric

No, IHFB. I just don't want to lose money because someone can weasel. The wording should make it clear that if Rossi is selling a useful ecat product that people really want, and which gets energy in a clearly anomalous way, I lose the bet. What more would you want?

Astronomical odds eh Mary? so you'd be willing to give me a 1000000:1 odds? I'll bet you a $1.

Admins/Moderators

I am calling out these anti-me posts. What's going on here people? What happened to freedom of speech?!

You guys call me a stalker but what about Mary Yugo? All you ever see her do is denigrate me.

Look guys, I like to ask the HARD questions. That is what I was known for in ECN. If you don't like me challenging the residents here then that's too bad.

The fact is Rossi has taken us for a ride over the last 7 years. We went from eCat, to fat cat to quark x to God only knows what's coming next. And all the time we've had ZERO clear demonstrations from Rossi.

I will continue to ask the HARD questions.

No, it's not a copout for two people who can't stand one another to press the "block" button, so that other people do not have to be witness to their squabble. That's just a courtesy. This place is not a place for food fights, or for creepily stalking people, such as you're doing, however much one objects to the manner of another's participation here.

Eric, I resent this. Why are you saying I am stalking people? I am not doing any such thing.

People need to have a sense of humor. We all take jabs at each other. That's just part and parcel of posting on a forum like this. It's fun!

I can't, unfortunately, nor do I want to. I find that both of you have interesting things to say. The food fighting sets a bad example for others, though, which makes me wish you guys would block one another.

Hi Eric, blocking would be a bit of a cop out on this forum. As we know Mary loves to post and her life revolves around posting on forums. There is no disputing this. I say let her be. We should be at liberty to reply to those who we wish to talk to. That's freedom of speech, right?

Firstly Jed, I can assure you I am no troll. No more than Mary is. Yes, I get under Mary's skin because I have given her the HARD questions, just like you have, and Mary has no response. However credit where credit is due and Mary is an EXPERT on calorimetry. This I have established based on the countless posts she has made and the many sessions we've had together.

Now back on topic. My point still stands about the so called "thousands of successful tests" of the P&F effect. If we've had so many successful tests then surely one would have created a working reactor a long time ago.

JedRothwell

Notwithstanding your sentiments, you are engaging a pure troll. I challenge anyone to point me to a coherent and intelligent discussion to which this pseudonymous individual has contributed anything of value of any sort.

Mary, why are you getting so angry? Relax. Jed and I are having a discussion on the P&F method.

I was referring to Peter Gluck as distinguished. He is also the one with pending eye surgery, blindness and God knows what else. He's in the hospital. He can't defend his blog against trolls. You can't read the post? It's sixth grade English.

Yes it is sad to hear about Peter's condition but really nice of you Mary to wish him well. We all wish him well.

They did validate Fleischmann Pons on a regular basis. Roughly 17,000 times according to a grad student at the Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, at 180 labs according to Ed Storms. (Not me. I didn't count 'em.)

They are not replicating on a regular basis now because they are dead. Of old age.

Nope. No skeptic has ever found any problem with the calorimetry in any mainstream study. They have looked, but they found nothing. I am sure you would not find anything if you were to read the literature, which I am equally sure you will not do.

17,000 times?! That would mean we should all be powering our homes with palladium based fusion reactors in our basements. We know this is not happening so someone got something wrong here.

I'm not a calorimeter expert. Mary Yugo is though [identifying suppositions omitted ...]. Mary has identified numerous shortcomings of the calorimetry methods used by P&F and Rossi as well. IIRC Mary has raised concerns about the probe locations and insertion methodology.

Hoping Mary will comment on this thread to elaborate on her concerns.

Please respect the anonymity of people who wish to remain anonymous. Eric