The Real Roger Barker Member
  • Member since Jul 21st 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by The Real Roger Barker

Hi everyone,

Roger Barker here. I am afraid I have some bad news. it is time to say good bye. I know this will come as a surprise to many of my fans but I just can't be ar$ed any more.

This all started with the best intentions. A wondrous new technology that would bring peace and prosperity to the world. Yet nigh on a decade later we have nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I have had much fun on sites like these. ECN was the best by far! You could not ask more from a forum. Dedicated posters with much to share, least of all @maryyugo It was truly a sad day when ECN shutdown. I sometimes still launch the URL in the hope it has started up again. If anything was to bring me out of retirement it would be ECN. Thanks to forums like ECN and LENR Forum, Roger Barker has developed quite the cult following!

Then there were the odes! Much time I dedicated to crafting these gems. Many were dedicated to the residents of ECN but the Roger Barker has established a thread on LENR Forum as well with some class contributions from regulars here including the admins. I thank all of you for your pearls of wisdom.

But it wasn't just all fun and odes and the likes. There was serious talk too. The Roger Barker formulated certain principles and precursors for calorimetry, a subject very dear to my heart. Hopefully LENR Forum posters will continue work in this area and build upon what the Roger Barker has done.

Of course I cannot part without a final ode so here goes it:

Rossi, with the secret to LENR in a clench

Our thirst for this knowledge he did not quench

Though fun we did have here

And also other forums with cheer

A particular item the Roger Barker did drench!

And finally the Roger Barker's identity revealed at last:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good bye all.

Roger

A lot of modern science reporting, especially internet-based reporting, is wildly optimistic and forward looking rather than factual. It is often replete with words like "should" "may" and "possibly will" and reflects mostly hype and not accomplishments. But yeah, not as dismal as the gullible way Mats Lewan has brown-nosed Rossi for the last six years!

Mary, how come all your posts end up in the Clearance section?

A calorimeter in a bush you say?
    Well, was it used all the way?

Calorimeters can be used

And for that matter, abused

On this I have much to say!

Zeus is right about one thing

When used incorrectly, it'll make you sing!

For calorimeters are no toys

To be played with by little boys

That full moon night, twas just a fling!

Now some protocols have been discussed

And principles too, I'm not really fussed

What bothers me

Is clear to see

Nah, not really, I'm non-plussed

Dear Alain, you should read Lawrence Kohlberg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ages_of_moral_development
    You can replace 'moral development' with 'intellectual ability' and then check where you belong to. My guess is that nearly all forum members are at - Level 3 (Post-Conventional) and you will find much more people that think in categories of 'Universal ethical principles' than in the average of the population. Most people of course claim that 'Universal ethical principles' are good, but if they are really honest 98% do not act on those principles, many because they do not even have an idea what e.g. a categorical imperative means, but those quarter of the population that has the ability to think and act on a Post-Conventional level Stage five find it stupid to act driven by universal ethical principles because you disadvantage yourself in societies like ours!

Oh crud. I'm still at:

Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)

1. Obedience and punishment orientation

(How can I avoid punishment?)

I have permission from Alan Smith to post some odes.

Evaporating buckets you say?

Really? The whole thing in a day?

This sounds too good to be true

A bucket out of the blue!

LENR up, up and away!

I've been meaning to change the last line but could not think of anything better.

Alan did a brilliant one but I will not post as it is not mine to post. Please do add yours.

I'm afraid, in one important way, you are.

Your views both those I support, and those I don't, are held (or at least expressed here) with a level of certainty I note in those religious people who take untroubled certainty from faith (others have great doubt and faith that emerges from inner struggle, which is rather different).

The "certainty of untroubled faith" people are fanatics in the sense that they believe unconditionally and without choice, though often the things they are fanatic about are life-affirming and so this fanaticism is a positive force.

I have to agree with you THHuxleynew. I too feel Jed has a certain zeal towards CF. Whenever you question him on CF e.g. evaporating buckets or calorimetry, he'll point you to some literature. I've heard this position before by religious fanatics who will tell you of a particular book which has all the answers as well. Also I am finding it a bit disconcerting that Jed is singling myself and @maryyugo out for particular attention.

When The Real Roger Barker repeatedly claims there are "mismeasurements" and "poor calorimetry," I say he should point to a paper listing these mismeasurments. Does that resemble religious fanaticism, or am I upholding conventional scientific standards?

Why do you continuously pick on me? I'm calling it as I see it.

For example, right here:

There are hundreds of papers of discussing whether there is indeed more heat than can be accounted for conventionally. That is the heart of the research. You talk as if it never occurred to anyone to investigate this! Clearly, you are unfamiliar with literature, yet you keep dismissing the research with these "more in sorrow than in anger" sob stories. Oh, if only someone would look to see if there is a conventional explanation! Think of the children!

Yeah but Jed, hasn't this always been proven to be mismeasurements, or dare I say it, poor calorimetry?