Bruce__H Member
  • Member since Jul 22nd 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Bruce__H

In the interim, exhibit 5 is interesting.

Thanks for the reminder about Murray's letter to Penon. Murray specifies the flow meter model number and in looking it up the first thing that pops up for me is that the counter on the darn thing is magnetic. The water flows through a rotor that spins a magnet, and the spinning is read by another magnet in the counter. Later on, for the court case, Murray spent a lot of time trying to show that a partially filled flow meter will tend to read high but it seems to me that the easy way to spoof the flow meter is to mount a magnet on a power drill and use it to spin up the counter. This is something that Rossi would have been free to do at night after all the others had gone.

As for Krivit's highly edited video(s), you folks see all kinds of conspiracy in facial expressions, attributed intentions, fallacious conclusions, and the like. Krivit is one of the least reliable and most biased "experts" in this space.

Not me though. I didn't mention or do any of these things so this argument doesn't work against me. I simply looked at Krivit's video and made some measurements and calculations that made you realize that what Rossi was saying in that video couldn't be true. And when you realized that, you suddenly abandoned your arguments, and the whole site, for 15 months. Now you are back and have conveniently forgotten the whole thing.

Doesn't seem like straight shooting to me.

Here is a simple suggestion. How about just

I am surprised at how little those heater tapes have been talked about, since Bass? mentioned them in his deposition. To me that was a smoking gun, but then there were so many smoking guns, like...which one do you focus on? Has any believer, or skeptic for that matter (other than fraud), ever offered up an explanation as to why the pipes would need heating strips on them? I do not recall any doing so.

Rossi's explanation for the heater strips was that his graphite or platinum sponge processes required constant heat and the strips were backup in case the ECat heating was ever interrrupted

The simplest explanation for all the Doral pumping mystery is that he put in a simple, small hidden direct electrical heating system to provide the hot water/steam for his project. He then monitored the electricity supply to the heater and the volume of water heated by it with the meters. He then filled the container with dummy E-cats and pumps etc to make it look good but did not run or connect anything. Then he and his sidekick Penon cooked a da books to make up a load of data using only two lots of real data, the electricity used and water meter data and nothing else, synthesising the data over the year period to give his required COP values. Like he fiddled the Cu transmutation data and his most recent piece de la resistance, using a Hg / Deuterium/ or Metal Halide lamp to illuminate his SK.

A bit elaborate. Don't forget that Rossi was there all by himself all night every night. What was happening for show during the day doesn't have to be what happened at night.

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0207.58_Exhibit_58.pdf

Page 10-14 is for BF1,2,3 on 10/13 and p17 is for 10/14
    Bruce_H : this proves BF4 was off-line.
    But the size of the diagram suggests there isn't room for BF4 on one page.
    An alternative explanation is that they forgot to include the page for BF4.
    An alternative-alternative explanation is that those sheets were accidentally included.

The mid-October Penon report showing the current draws of the BF units occurs multiple times in the court documents. I don't recall ever seeing an extra page showing a BF 4 unit in operation. I will look more thoroughly though. If you look at the page there actually is room to include a fourth BF diagram.

I note once again that if you look at the photos of the BF units that were taken on the day that the Doral test ended you can see that the plumbing to the bottom BF has been rearranged so that it is no longer connected to its pumps. The insulation has also been taken off the pumping and you can see that there is no meniscus in the sight glass. These are all consistent with the bottom unit being BF4 and having been inactive for a while at that point.

The daily log shows the average power was 11.470kW and the flow was 36K ... the total power was similar on the surrounding days.

Hmmm ... someone with lots of spare time could sum the amps for BF1-3, multiply by the voltage (???) to get watts ... and see if there's a BF4-sized gap in the data. I don't think 10/13 was a day highlighted for a difference with the utilities numbers?

Voltage : diagram on p39 indicates they're single-phase, so 110V

Total current for the 3 BF units shown in the Oct 13 Penon report is 92.55 Amps which gives 10.18 kW power at 110V. The gap is therefore 1.29 kW. I'm not sure exactly where in the system the 11.47 kW that Fabiani records is measured.

For times when one BK was reportedly down, either 1) back up units used, or 2) inacurate log.

Backup units? Inaccurate logs?

These have appeared suddenly haven't they? You have always portrayed yourself as driven by data and unbiased in judging what was happening during Rossi's tests. And yet here we are. When the actual evidence is against your preconceptions, you go for ad hoc explanations. I think you need to buck up and just call what you see.

It was the same with the Krivit video. When I presented evidence that made you realize that Rossi's account of things couldn't be true, you disappeared from the entire forum for 15 months rather than face it. You need to do some work to regain your image as a straight shooter.

Never thought I'd see the day. Good on ya.

I'm not inclined to think that the pumps were working as stated. The reason is that in order to work as stated 18 or them would have had to pump 36,000 L/day, which is 83.3 L/hour. The experiments you sponsored never rose past 62 L/hour. On the supposition that the pump being examined was old and not working optimally an extrapolation was used that estimated max 72 L/hour.

How does this indicate that the pumps were working as stated.

Thanks for the re-explanation.

This still leaves open, however, the issue of how you would use the Wien relation for Rossi's SK data. How would you do that?

A thick plasma does not have a black body spectrum.

From that the formula for calculating the energy of a thick plasma is the same as that for a black body you can not conlude that it has the same physical properties as that of a black body and thus that you can match a black body spectrum to that of a plasma.

I am having trouble following your reasoning. It seems to me to both contradict what you said earlier and even (in the final sentence) be self-contradictory. Could you restate it please?

No. The output is calculated from the flow. When one Big Frankie was taken off-line Penon reported that the flow dropped from 36,000 to 27,000 ... 25% less.

(Again, just based on the main Penon report.)

And, based on Penon's reports, 36,000 L/day was flowing in the middle of October 2015 when 1 Big Frankie was described by Penon as offline.

This situation was maintained throughout most of Oct 2015 - Feb 2016. You can even see in the photos that the IH people took in their walkaround on the day that the trial ended, that the bottom Big Frankie has had its plumbing unhooked from the heating circuit.

Penon reports some days at 36000 and some at 27000 -- is there a day when he reported 36000 when only three were running?

The "Big Frankies" gave constant trouble during the Doral test. They were full of rust to the extent that sight glasses showing the fluid levels had to be taken off and cleaned out from time to time. This is important because IH electrician Barry West who worked on site during the test reported (in August 2015) that there was no automatic way in which the Big Frankies were filled with water and that, instead, when a sight glass showed that a Big Frankie was low on water someone had to start up the pumps by hand to fill it up. The rust even made it all around the circuit since you can see it in the pump inlet hoses (the heat exchanger which was part of the loop where the steam condensed must have been a mess!)

The Big Frankies leaked too. And the individual reactors in them shorted out, requiring them to be pulled out and replaced by Barry West. The leaking and shorting gave such trouble that in the Summer of 2015 one or another was often off line for repairs. At this time the total water reported flowing was often down to 27000 L/day. By late September Rossi's crew had finally given up on one of the Big Frankies (BF4) and shut it down permanently. This was reflected in the notes kept by Fabiani and in the report generated by Penon in mid September of 2015. Despite BF4 (the bottom one) being permanently out of action, from Oct 2-Dec 1 Penon's spreadsheets show 36000 L/day pumped every day during this time. After a 3 week interruption with lower pumping rates, 36000 L/day was regained and held steady from Dec 22-Feb 14 which was the final day of the test.

You can find ...

- Penon's spreadsheet for the entire year in court document 128-01.

- Fabiani's daily log recording electrical shorts, flooding, and pulling BF units off line in the first 14 pages of document 207-55

- Penon's Oct 2015 report showing only 3 BF's functional on pages 10-12 of document 207-58

In any case, I think the banks of pumps are segregated by big frankie. My experiments show that each bank of pumps could provide the 9000. They have slightly different heads .. but only by a couple of feet.

The pumps are definitely segregated by Big Frankie. 6 pumps per unit.

When you talk about head, do you mean pressure head at the outlet end of the pumps? If this is the case then the relationship between the pump outlet and the height of the Big Frankie it feeds is the same for all 24 pumps. For a particular bank of pumps the outlet pressure head head might go up and down a bit as water levels in the Big Frankies change, but I would guess that the head is on average about 1 foot.