CWatters Member
  • Member since Dec 5th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by CWatters

I think your line of reasoning is based on a misunderstanding of what Rossi is saying. We all know it is impossible to 'completely' recover lost heat energy (from powering the controller for instance)...

All he has to do is put the controller in the duct upstream of the reactor heat exchanger.

Its very easy for Rossi to recover the heat from his control panel. I recover all the heat my PC generates. Even the heat from the keyboard and mouse, every last mW. Surprised you lot don't do the same at this time of year. Its actually easier to use the heat than not to. My problem is how to get rid of the unwanted heat in summer. If its really hot I have to turn on the air co. and dump it outside.

I'll tell you how I do it in return for a donation to a charity or your choice.

Wyttenbach.

That is the COP SRI saw in their independent replication...which they say is very conservative, but Godes claims they get 4 in their own lab. They do have some OEM's already. If you read this clip carefully though, it does not sound as if they are able to harness enough excess heat to start the commercialization process yet...which supports what you say:

"Canada and South Korea are already leveraging this proprietary system by preparing the market for reliable low-cost thermal energy."

You can get a COP of 4-8 from a GSHP. No need for liquid silver or whatever they use...or is that BLP.

Normally if you have a big product launch event you advertise the fact so potential customers can attend/watch it. You might hire an advertising agency or place adverts in trade magazines or whatever. I mean if you are spending a bundle building robotised factories its only sensible to allocate a proportion of your budget for marketing right?

So I asked Rossi about his advertising plans and got "Just Internet" as an answer. So do keep your eyes open for adverts. We're all interested in LENR and excess heat so perhaps we'll get served adverts. On the other hand we don't run factories requiring heat so if we don't see any such adverts I'm sure that will be the reason :)

I'd want to check out the business case. Eg how long does a charge last, cost of replacement etc. That may require further research and testing including safety.

In parallel I would check out the patent situation. Both that of rivals and possibly submit my own.

Assuming that's all good then I would build a prototype of a consumer grade 20kW boiler as a demonstrator. Tout that around manufacturers of similar products and heat pumps looking to license either the design or the technology.

If the patent search throws up prior art I guess I would have to discuss a deal with the patent owner. Can't really predict what sort of deal that would involve.

Shane D.

Do you mean this schematic?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x53o…ation_concept_v1.pdf?dl=0

This is more or less a visualization of the description of the "Director" described earlier in this thread, created by myself.

That might work but it's not the arrangement Rossi demonstrated in Stockholm. I think his is much simpler. Unless I'm wrong....

* Both water in and out pipes are radial.

* I don't see any gas ports at all on the one fitted with a water jacket.

* The clamps appear to be used for the electrical connection to the electrodes as well as mounting because I see no wires going in elsewhere.

* If so they are "live" and uninsulated so perhaps the voltage isn't as high as I thought?

Best close up vid I could find..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ok so we can work out the frequency which seems resonably low. How about the voltage....

Google found...

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_60_Hz_hydrogen_discharge

Which has data on the breakdown voltage Vs pressure of hydrogen (I assume Rossi puts hydrogen in it but at what pressure?).

The figures suggest a voltage of 200-250v for a 5cm gap at pressures of 400-1000 mTorr. If the voltage scales with gap length that translates to about 60-75V at 1.5cm. I don't know what effect the LiAlH4 has.

Confused..

The paper says the electrodes are Nickel but doesn't mention plating them with platinum. Has Rossi said they were plated elsewhere?

It also say the current was "direct current" and doesn't mention RF.

Edit: My point being what are you trying to reproduce? What his published works say? What he appears to show at demos? All of that plus your own thoughts about what's needed for lenr?