Mats Lewan Verified User
  • Male
  • from Stockholm, Sweden
  • Member since Aug 11th 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Mats Lewan

Ok, I can now confirm that Rossi will attend the New Energy World Symposium, not as a speaker but interviewed by me on stage.
    In connection to the symposium, at a separate event, he says he will have some important announcements to make. No date defined.
    The decision to hold the symposium, however, still depends on the result of the one-year 1MW test being released and positive.
    Plans are proceeding meanwhile and there are now more than 200 attendees pre-registered. I'm also considering making it a two-day event, June 21-22, with an option to attend one day only.

Wait a minute!
    Rossi says the events will be connected. We actually just started discussing this.
    That doesn't mean that Rossi will speak AT the symposium.
    Let me get back with more info as son as we have discussed more.
    In any case—planning is going forward, with more than 200 attendees pre-registered.
    As soon as we have the result from the one-year test, I will confirm the conference.

Check out this news report in The Atlantic, discussing the problem with UN wanting to provide most people on Earth with decent electricity and energy supply, concluding that this is impossible if you want to combine it with climate goals, since it would require research to develop new energy sources that are both abundant and environmental friendly.

http://www.theatlantic.com/int…un-climate-change/407734/

"Pretending the technologies already exist to avoid any tradeoff between environmental and developmental concerns doesn’t help. These technologies need to be researched and developed through robust investment, so that the climate can be sustained even as poor people around the world enjoy a better quality of life."

Some comments to the news report from the LENR community could be useful...

I guess many of you have read the speech that Tom Darden, CEO of Cherokee/[lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] that has acquired the rights to Rossi's E-Cat technology, gave at ICCF-19 on Monday.

On the occasion of ICCF I would like to offer a 10 percent discount on my book 'An Impossible Invention' to everybody, and as a teaser you'll find here below an excerpt from the book when Rossi for the first time told me about Darden and Cherokee, although their names were not yet known.

To get the e-book at a discount, please go to http://animpossibleinvention.tictail.com/ and use the promo code ICCF (please note that the e-book version is the second edition, while the print version is the first edition -- the second edition in print is available at Amazon but I cannot offer any discount there).

The offer is valid until April 19, 2015.

- - - -

If Rossi had by now been at odds with five companies or groups with whom he had discussed industrial and financial cooperation—Enel, Defkalion, TEM Capital, National Instruments and the Swedish investor group—the sixth time seemed different. The key: someone seemed willing to believe him.

“Perhaps the most important thing has been the absolute confidence that they have had in our work and this has become mutual. From the very beginning, they have approached this with extreme sincerity, maybe because the person who informed them was well prepared and made a very good presentation. With the activities they engage in, it was important for them,” Rossi told me.

“Sure, the negotiations have gone up and down, because naturally we have had discussions. But we’ve gone through a lot of things together, with absolutely unexceptionable behavior on both sides, and you know, eventually a certain mutual trust also arises.

“And then of course it also involved a very large investment agreement. No small thing, not even for them, yet they signed in the end. But you should realize that it took a whole year—we signed on October 25."

The company was, according to Rossi, a large American corporation with global operations—he could not reveal its identity—and the person who put him in touch with the company was the American professor who had turned up uninvited to the Bologna test on October 6, 2011 and whom Rossi had let in. Rossi then introduced the professor to his U.S. licensees, Ampenergo, that handled the initial commercial negotiations. For a few months Rossi didn’t know much about progress. But when the negotiations had reached a certain point and it was time to deepen the discussions, Rossi was included.

“I would say that the turnaround came in February 2012 when we met for the first time at our office in Miami,” Rossi recalled. A key character, said Rossi, was the CEO of the company, who also was the person the professor had first approached.“Fortunately, the CEO was after some time the most convinced of everyone.”

The agreement they signed in October 2012 contained a number of conditions and milestones.

(‘An Impossible Invention’, chapter 19).

Interesting!
    I could add this piece from my book 'An Impossible Invention':

- - - -
    While working with Focardi in Bondeno, Rossi would again experience the impression that he did not get the support he wanted in Italy.
    In summer 2009 he contacted Italy’s major utility Enel—the second-largest in Europe—through his friend Giuliano Guandalini. Guandalini had a rich network of contacts among powerful people in Italy. Among others, he was closely acquainted with Enel Chairman Piero Gnudi and discussed with him whether Enel would be interested in evaluating Rossi’s technology. As a result, Enel had two of their engineers visit Bondeno to measure the E-Cat accurately. In early July 2009 they filed a positive technical report. Enel made an offer to Rossi but Rossi soon realized that he could not accept the terms. Guandalini explained why.
    “Enel had drafted a proposal for collaboration with Rossi and suggested that the company would finance the entire development cost. But Enel refused to recognize or pay for the work Rossi had already performed. The remuneration Rossi requested was modest. For years of study and for costs and investments, he specified an amount that Enel would not recognize and this was why contact between Enel and Rossi ceased.
    “I later called Dr. Gnudi again and said that I was sorry that Italy would miss such an important opportunity. Gnudi said that he could not do anything. He explained that at the operational level the CEO of Enel was more important than the chairman.
    “I never talked with the CEO, Dr. Fulvio Conti, only with an engineer, Livio Vido, Conti’s spokesman. Rossi heard directly from Vido, who manages development of new technologies and innovative energy sources. I was present. But obviously the announcement from Vido came directly from Dr. Conti, as CEO. In other words Dr. Conti took the unfortunate decision to terminate relations with Rossi, though the chairman tried to continue the project.”
    I contacted Enel to get a comment on this incident but I never got any response.
    - - - -
    (An Impossible Invention, chapter 7).

The press release says that from 1 Jan 2015, the operations of Elforsk will be merged into a new company, Energiforsk, which will deal with research on all kinds of energy, not only electricity, and will comprise existing research entities from the whole energy industry in Sweden. Owners will be a larger group of energy companies. Magnus Olofsson remains CEO for the new company.