Zephir_AWT Member
  • Male
  • Member since Oct 21st 2014
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Zephir_AWT

So are we seeing spontaneous string breaking/fragmentation in UDD as described in wiki

Yep - in essence the energy density which is prof. Holmlid is using is quite high, so that literally anything could happen there with atoms even according to Standard Model of particle physics.

It has no meaning to soothsay anomalies there.

He said the paper claimed to extract energy from the vacuum. It did not.

Versus We recently discovered that freestanding graphene membranes are in perpetual motion when held at room temperature... The higher kinetic energy associated with this motion is derived from the surrounding thermal waste heat... In this Letter, we report a new mechanism, spontaneous mirror buckling, which occurs without a temperature gradient. What powers this motion, after then? Law of thermodynamics require to have (and to dissipate) temperature gradient for having macroscopic motion.

It doesn't look like too much at the first sight - but it corresponds ten watts per square centimeter = this is roughly power density of induction stove. YouTube video (which has been authorized by Arkansas university) claims similar power density (10 microwatts out of a 10um * 10 um surface translates into 100kW out of 1m2). Now, which natural physical mechanism can be responsible for such a power flux, not to say without temperature gradient? For example Stephan-Boltzmann law gives radiative power flux about 480 Watts for radiation of 1 m2 of black body surface with 100% emissivity at room temperature to a free cosmic space at 2,7K (i.e. more than 270 K temperature gradient).

Holmlid most often uses 5 nanosecond-short laser pulses at 10 Hz. The laser employed in the study you linked two posts above uses 130 femtosecond pulses.

.. and peak intensity reaching almost 2 petawatts per cm2, whereas prof. Holmlid is using 0.4 J pulses, i.e. peaking in gigawatt range per fraction of milimeter squared. Texas laser generates 150 J per 140 fs and Chinese already have 100 PWatt laser.

Muons (105 MeV/c2) wouldn't form spontaneously: muons are 2nd generation of matter, which requires by at least two order higher energies than any natural radioactive decay or fusion involving strong force (effective mass of gluons is 0.12 MeV I guess).

Recently it was observed predicted muon formation during radioactive decay of extremely unstable products formed in colliders - but this is clearly an exception due to high energy pumped into system by collider beam. If muons are forming, then the atom nuclei must be squashed directly with EM pulse under breaking of strong forces - so that weak forces and repulsive forces of quarks itself will apply. Here I presume, that coherent laser pulse arranges atoms on fly into collinear rows, so that their shock wave collision occurs in relatively high yield. Random character of incoherent NIF pulses has no such an ability.

BTW It seems prof. Holmlid is aware of this fact too:

"No, I research not about cold fusion, I research on laser-induced hot fusion. It enables us to reach a temperature of between 50 and MK 500 MK in the plasma. This one can measure both the neutron energy distributions (published) and from electron energy distributions (to be adopted soon). It is the temperature that needs to be reached to get the core processes that move with sufficient speed. It might seem strange that this is higher than the established temperature in the solar interior, but it depends on the core processes inside the sun goes very slowly."

Sorta ironically prof. Holmlid may be still able to achieve higher energy densities with his modest desktop arrangement, than for example multi-billion laser fusion facilities like NIF. The trick is, his energy pulses are much shorter and strictly directional, whereas laser fusion utilizes omnidirectional arrangement of pulses in general.

That's the question-does the 250 mJ laser supply enough energy to induce a proposed electron spin-flip or neutron quasi - particle formation? There seems to be an unresolved mystery here

It's possible, because of high energy density of ultrashort pulses, which prof. Holmlid is using - not median energy density is what is crucial here. At such extreme short pulses the pulse frequency is not relevant anymore as well, because the effective pulse frequency is given by harmonics of pulse envelope, not interior of pulse itself. This explains why mode locked lasers are able to induce nuclear reactions or even pair splitting under "desktop" arrangement. From this perspective prof. Holmlid's observations aren't anomalous at all - but I wouldn't connect them with cold fusion, dense hydrogen or even dark matter at all from this perspective. It's just normal brute force approach common in nuclear physics.

Regarding dense hydrogen based Fusion company, I'm skeptical about this startup too. It's based on observation of Leif Holmlid, that short laser pulses generate quite a lot of muons, which are believed to catalyze hot fusion. But there is no reason for involvement of dense hydrogen in production of muons - laser pulses are known to produce many antiparticles, the annihilation of which would also produce muons. The energy for H(0) formation is quite low (in range of dozens of electronvolts) - so it's improbable that it participates on muon (105.66 MeV) formation. Even if we admit, that muons are generated without involvement of dense hydrogen there are many technical difficulties, like alpha-sticking problem. You'll need quite intensive source of muons - yet the energetic yield would be quite low.

Ultradense hydrogen and hydrino concepts have many things in common. For example, ultradense hydrogen is stabilized by Rydberg orbitals, which are spherical and thus nonradiative in similar way, like alleged subquantum levels of hydrinos. According to Holmlid superdense hydrogen is forming superconductive filaments - well, hydrino is supposed to form magnetic filaments too. Filaments could also stabilize subquantum energy levels by Cassimir vacuum effect along long chains of metal atoms, between of which hydrogen atoms would be embedded like beads on rosary. Now Holmlid is pushing dense hydrogen into dark matter theory - in similar way, like Randell Mills already did many times.

The problem with both dense hydrogen both hydrino concepts is, they're all "single-man shows" and they were never transformed into more tangible stuff, than some lines in spectra. For example some compound, which someone could buy and study independently. Regarding their dark matter theory, this is apparent BS, as the observed behavior and distribution of dark matter cannot be explained by dense hydrogen or by hydrinos.

H(0) is the lowest energy form of hydrogen and H(0) is thus expected to exist everywhere where hydrogen exists in the Universe.

Which just doesn't exist. Such a hydrogen should be present at the Earth after them, it should form component of water, geological rock humidity etc. In addition, from where Holmlid thinks, that H(0) is the lowest energy form of hydrogen? Rydberg matter is pretty highly excited - and thus energy rich - form of matter instead. The understanding of trivial physical consequences is what both Holmlid, both Mills claims are sadly lacking.

2LOT is one of the most beautiful, and most misunderstood, laws in physics.

We aren't on beauty contest. Beaty is no argument in physics (not to say, it's solely subjective as the beauty is in eyes of beholder). Where people are getting to such sh*t?

Zephir - no-one denies energy from graphene - it can harvest mechanical energy and (not sure large enough for commercial) temperature change energy. The issue is energy from graphene breaking 2LOT.

OK, so that energy from graphene is unlimited - but it still doesn't violate thermodynamics. As you wish..

6eQNgmT.gif

your arguments for why cold fusion breaks 2LOT - which, assuming cold fusion does work as energy extracted from nuclear reactions, again is not true

It's the same principle of arguments based on shifting of goals: considering that for example graphene buckling extracts energy from vacuum fluctuations, then it actually doesn't break thermodynamics. It just references to forces, the existence of which isn't recognized yet in similar way, like forces responsible for radioactivity in the times of Marie Curie.

for a flexible and open minded attitude, on no evidence

Says who? Evidence of energy from graphene is already utilized commercially . You can buy it.

One of your two references here is to yourself. Forgive me if I do not find that convincing.

I personally don't care what you're personally finding convincing or not - as I'm here for objective discussion of testable facts and ideas. I already linked many references here for to support my stance and all these references lead to another references, which aren't mine. Please note that cold fusion subject itself violates thermodynamics, as it deals with nuclear systems frozen in metastable state, the energy of which is waiting for its release. The low-dimensional geometry may help them to become reversible again. From this reason I'd expect more open and flexible attitude toward this grand scheme of things just on forum dedicated to cold fusion.

Negentropic phenomena abound, but do not break 2LOT because they are only locally negentropic

So we can have a hedgehog, which is globally entropic and locally - along its spines - negentropic. The amount of energy radiated by spines is indeed low but it can get significant once we use lot of dense spines. Compare also recent theories of black holes, which can radiate energy along hairs (i.e. miniature invisible jets of scalar waves which condense to dark matter outside it). The radiation of matter from black holes would violate both radiative time arrow both thermodynamics in quite pronounced way. Dense aether theory requires this process for to have steady-state Universe model, otherwise all matter would condense into black holes - but this process recycles their mass into a free space, so it can condense into galaxies again. In general sense aether model considers reversibility of thermodynamics through subtle hyperdimensional (quantum mechanics and magnetic field driven) phenomena which are manifesting itself in transient and low-dimensional arrangement, where temporal reversibility of vacuum fluctuations and quantum mechanics can apply.

LeYZN5p.jpg

There have been any number of Maxwell's demon claims, they all fail because 2LOT is fundamental

Umm, which Maxwell's demon claim actually failed? Many of them were presented in peer-reviewed journals and subsequently confirmed. They just generated too little energy for being exploitable practically. But they were also demonstrated only with tiny isolated systems - army of Maxwell's demons working in unison would release way more energy - and this is just the way, in which macroscopic overunity devices IMO work.

The many similar systems indeed exist, because (1) and (2) together give you a lot of candidates. Just as there are a lot of machines that look like PM, but in fact are not.

They also share many similar aspects, for example low-dimensionality of particle motion and energy concentration gradients which I talked above. For example Thibado talks about possibility of draining of graphene buckling energy with piezoelectric material whereas Steorn, QuantaMagnetic and QGEnergy already independently presented mixtures of graphene with piezoelectric material as a source of environmental energy. It can still be a damned coincidence - but I don't believe in coincidences.

Lipinski fusion utilize low-energy fusion and their experiments also brought the idea about cold fusion main mechanism for me. The main trick is, atoms collide along long lines like miniature pistons which concentrate inertia of multiple atoms into a single spot. Many other less or more anomalous quantum and scalar physics mechanisms could apply under such an situation too.

An approach to achieve nuclear fusion utilizing the formation of high densities of electrons and neutrals is described

I can see some similarity with Brilliant Light Power process: they utilize arc discharge at quite low voltage but extremely high current density. Under such a situation the ions in plasma would also travel mostly along parallel paths without mutual scattering. Lipinski's oriented atoms by presence of phase interface (surface of fluid tightly bellow melting point).

The authors do believe this can harvest "free energy" but that does not mean it is harvesting vacuum energy. There is always thermal fluctuation, and that can indeed be harnessed to generate power without breaking 2LTD.

They don't believe it - they demonstrated it. We can agree this evidence wasn't conclusive - but too many similar systems already emerged in the past for to consider it an experimental error. Harvesting thermal fluctuations is not possible at room temperature: you'll need thermal flux and temperature gradient. I presume, you don't want to seriously argue thermodynamics by lack of understanding of it.. ;)

Did you ever hear about the non radiation condition? Or simply no available momentum in radial direction...

It applies only to forbidden transitions between spherical orbitals - it's not definitely the reason why electrons don't radiate synchrotron radiation. Most of orbitals are asymmetric though. Your understanding of physics has cavities...

I can say: "pirates cause global warming", and when you are skeptical about this, also say "Why not?".

This was simply demand for logical reasoning of your stance. Pirates cannot cause global warming due to low carbon dioxide emissions released by them.

But the interesting experimental work in that graphene paper is nothing to do with them.

Why not? At any case, my extrapolations regarding the extraction of free energy from graphene don't differ from belief of authors of this article at all. They also firmly believe, that electricity from graphene can be drained for free and they licensed company for this purpose. You may agree with it or you may not - but this is official information even from Arkansas University - so I'm just presenting official stance in this very regard. See also: Nanoscale Mechanical Drumming Visualized by 4D Electron Microscopy, Graphene based battery runs off ambient heat only, to provide a limitless source of power?