Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015

Posts by Shane D.

Is there any further activity from "Team Google" as a result of ICCF22 or the support of LF Forum? Does anyone know? Thx for posting.

Something concrete, and positive did take place at ICCF22, due specifically to the communications established between Google, and LF via the Team Google thread. Whether something good comes from it remains to be seen. I can say no more about it, nor can the other member who helped make it happen, or the staff who were kept in the loop.

I can say that open, transparent communications between all parties can make things happen, that otherwise would not. Certainly there are valid reasons for secrecy, but that has to be weighed against the lack of major progress the field has suffered from for 30 years. Obviously, as McKubre touched on, "keeping secrets from each other" does not seem to be doing the science any favors. And it is certainly not helping mankind.

Communicate, communicate, and communicate is what it will take to get to the finish line IMO, and that is where LF is playing an important role. There are other sites designed to speed up the discovery process; none however with our reach into the community, ease of use, talk format, and competent staff standing at the ready 7/24/365 to keep the discussion moving, and civil.

Maybe I have my wires crossed, but I think we only learned that NASA had replicated the co-dep work earlier this year?

Ahlfors broke the GEC/NASA story in 2018 I believe. On the first page of this thread, it shows as one of the candidates for best science story. We put that list together in December 2018.

This is ongoing though, with a little bled out here and there. Probably go on like this for a few years, so maybe we can keep recycling as a new story. :)

Makes it hard to run these "best of" polls, when everyone has to go silent after making their exciting claims. It will be slim pickings for the best story of 2019 for sure. I have been keeping my eyes open, and the only big stories put in the public domain (reported on) are Safire, and Team Google. TG will now go silent until their next paper is published, and probably Safire will do the same once they get funding to pursue LENR effects. So both will be one year stories until such time in the future they are successful, or not. Frustrating, and something I have had to struggle with, but a necessary evil once funding/NDA's/patents come into play.

Maybe Holmlid, Norront, Mills, and the R20 replications will come through for us?

Careful replications take time..

Zhang is still adjusting

October, November ..December?,, from my armchair

I know, but when this first started there was an infectious excitement, and spirit of cooperation among those about to start, and those thinking about it. Now all is quiet...what happened? Maybe the Deneum null result knocked the wind out of their sails, or the ICCF and Team Google threads distracted them to silence...I am not sure.

If replications are underway, the chances of success are much better communicating with each other *every* step of the way. That is why LF is here; to provide instant, 24/7/365 access between like-minded people, so they can do it better, and solve things faster. Same reason Alan started the NSRG of theoreticians...to get them together to talk, talk, and then talk some more. That is the best way to get to the bottom of this. It won't happen if everyone retreats into their comfort zone of silence.

Speaking of replications, where are all the reports? We had quite a few heading to the lab in the beginning, with some regularly posting their preparations. Since then, with the exception of Magic, it has gone quiet. Have you started yet, and if not why? Are you close to finished? Discontinued and why? Done, but got a null/negative, and if so...reason you think it did not work? Successful, but now seeking investors and have to protect IP :) ?

Come on guys...get it out. That is what we are here for.

I wanted it to be allowed a while back but the moderators decided that it was a banned topic. So I have vowed to never allow the topic to be discussed again on this forum.

And thank goodness we did ban it. ECW allows it, and you can see what that is doing for their reputation. Yes, there can be rational discussion about it, but inevitably it brings the crazies out of hibernation, and all hell breaks loose.

This topic is not allowed on LENR Forums. I urge moderators to remove all mention of UFOs from this thread.

Serious discussion of them has been banned to protect the integrity of the forum. Joking is OK...I guess, and that is what I read. We really have no policy on whether real or not, but as said before...LENR has enough problems as is, without giving the critics another excuse to ignore us. I doubt any skeptic could read what has been said the past few days, and think we are all in. Just having some fun with it. Boys will be boys.

Anyone that watched the SAFIRE project manager interview video released a few days ago knows that he acknowledges that they validated the Electric Sun model, but he had the nerve to say that they don’t care much about. For me that was startling. Such a major validation and “they really don’t care” as they were just doing what they were asked to by a third party.

Did Childs claim Safire validated the ESM, or the transmutations? Not sure myself, but nonetheless I understand him saying they do not care much about it (model). By that I do not believe he meant to disparage the theory, or Thunderbolt, but more to signal that the theory will not help them in their new pursuit.

And at the moment, they are looking for money to research the unexpeted LENR effects they observed while testing the ESM, with a goal of commercialization. Investors do not care about theory. Especially so a controversial one such as EST that has been around since the 1970's, and may take decades more to sort out. What they do care about is making a profit, and a quick ROI. Publicly professing allegiance to the ESM is unnecessary, and possibly might scare off potential investors. Putting some distance as he did between Safire/Thunderbolt, makes it clear that investment money will be put to good use, and not to chase a theory.

Safire did what the ISF paid them to do...experimentally test the EST. Now it is up to Thunderbolt to take those results, and do something with it. Safire is now setting their sights on LENR...on to bigger and better things! Or that is how I interpret all this.

Wal Thornhill of the Thunderbolt Project "Electric Sun theory", gives a historical overview in this new video. Sounds like they are outcasts, as is LENR. Must be why the two appear to be gravitating towards one another...misery loves company. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is a bit odd to me that LENR believers tend to discredit BLP, while championing LENR. If you compare the two, and assume both are not the junk science outsiders claim, BLP has made far more progress; i.e. more transparent, validated multiple times, independent analysis supportive of Hydrino theory, attracted more funding per capita, interviews, dedicated science team, same brick and mortar New Jersey lab, and in their 26 years has built far more advanced prototypes than all of LENR combined.

Cydonia

Good question. Many were/are also part of the other group, so they must have established some "rules of engagement" to break down barriers built around entrenched thinking, while keeping it civil? Then there are always a few in a group as large as this is projected to be, who know how to encourage open, and frank discussion without ruffling too many feathers. I already see a few names on the list who have the experience, and leadership qualities to fill the position. Eventually a group leader/s will emerge to guide the process along. Like a High School dance, it will be awkward and quiet at first, but by the end of the night everyone will be dancing and having a good old time.

Main thing is to leave ego behind when engaging in the thread. If you have authored a theory, or have advocated for a particular one; embrace being challenged on every point, every word, every equation...without taking it personal. It is only in that way can the merits be determined. After all, there are many theories, and not all can be right, which means most are wrong.

Hopefully, in the end the wheat will be separated from the chaff, and we can bake a cake. Oh, and never forget to have a little fun while at it.