me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

his patents require somone skilled in the art to be able to replicate working devices from the patent descriptipn.

Patent does not require anything. Patent is used for protecting his work so anybody can't use his invention and sell it. This will halt LENR development to a high extent.
    All in all, when somebody will develop ready device in China and such countries, Rossi can just dream about covering his intelectual property.

Can you imagine what is the cost to register 64 patents? Even one patent costs money that you will really do not want to spend just for the fooling.

I know that Rossi is absolutely confident about his reactor for many years. Actually he is trying to behave that he is not so sure but it is all about his patents. Until he have patented everything he will be publicly unsure about results to get more time and halt competitors.
    He was waiting all the time for granting the patents, obviously it was not easy at all.

He do not want to convince anybody, he want to protect his invention, block each competitor and then as the last step release the product and earn LOT of money.

I am perfectly sure that it will work. At this time there is no room to be sceptic as there are so many cases with success.

We have still not replicated Focardi/Piantelli work which may be prerequisite for Rossi effect. LENR is probably very sensitive for inpurities so we need very tight lab conditions to make it work.
    If it was that easy, then LENR was discovered much sooner.

As I can see from behavior of Rossi on the patents, he really do not want to help society at all.
    He just want to earn money, nothing more.
    I guess that he is feeling as god now as the impact of his research is really big. He want to make sure, that absolutely nobody else can make similar devices as he.
    From this point our views are totally different.

So we have something fantastic, but commercial usage/development of this will be virtually not allowed.

Fortunately we can do this thing still open so everybody can replicate it.

I am a Little confused. Are we talking about the same experiment? I refer to this one going on now: http://www.e-catworld.com/2015…nt-page-3/#comment-232822

I am not aware of any known errors of mechanical changes or shorted wraps, but of course I can have missed that ?(

Maybe I am wrong, but if you will check start of the current run. Then there is previous one where null side was hotter than active. When GS4 was shutted down then active side was more active from the beginning.

I agree, but as you can see, previous calibration is not usefull too much now as there is clear evidence of mechanical changes. One of the side has short between wraps or similar issue thus there can be more heat with less power while rest is colder.

While doing such experiments we have to be extremely carefull, because local overheating has very similar characteristics to excess heat.
    If there are any visible changes to the heater, then calibration can't match anymore.

We have to get excess heat, while heater is in perfect condition else we can't be sure (without fuel analysis).

It look like the difference is there from the beginning of the current run. Curves are parallel, just multiplied by some factor, thus I guess there is no excess heat.
    From my point of view I prefer rather just single side heater as double sided can lead to a big mistakes in the interpretation.
    Comparing dummy run and then fueled run is more precise as in the calibration tests the heater shouldn't be damaged at all.
    With high power coil can be damaged which will lead to a local changes, but will surely affect both active and null sides as both are consisted from one resistor wire. Also consumption is two times higher to do very same thing.

Oh that is sad. Personally I do not want to exceed 10 bars never.
    If so high pressure is there then you should put less LiAlH4 or add free volume there.

I have tested 4ml free volume with 100mg of LiAlH4 with good success. But I must say that there could be enormous difference between LiAlH4 from various sources.

[quote]
    I have read many claims like this one -- Rossi can't give details because the ecat will be widely copied. What do you think will happen when he actually sells one (even just one) to anyone other than the fictitious clients he's claimed so far? What's to stop anyone from dismantling, analyzing, and reverse engineering the device and the fuel? No. Patent protection would be the ONLY way to protect such a significant invention. If it existed, which clearly it doesn't.

At the time he will sell E-Cats it will be patented to the higher extent. For now, he do not want to loose any advantage so helping us is not good idea from the business point of view.

I dont see it strange that Rossi does not want to help us. Patent is granted only for US, rest of the world can still replicate it and sell. Then possibility for his patents is zero there. US is just one piece and this patent still does not cover other modifications that can be done.
    I am sure that Rossi is trying to patent much more parts. Then, one day, there is possibility, maybe, that he will help us.
    But this may be in 10 years.

Patent is interesting, but it does not cover too much things.
    But it seems that the device is not too sophisticated, altough function is described very, very vaguely.
    I really wonder how patent office can grant similar patents. But of course it is target to not reveal anything if not really necessary.

Main difference is that the fuel composition is 50% Nickel, 20% Lithium and 30% LiAlH4.
    So ratio is very different + there is added Lithium.

Lithium alone can make triggering much easier with low temperatures.

It is really great time for LENR.

I understand the process more and more. Instead of making it more complicated the process seems to be relatively very easy if you are not thinking too much at the nuclear level.

The problem is, that we want just the device. But to make it work, we have to be good in few areas at the same time else it wont work at all. We are trying to replicate Hot Cat, but this is relatively the most complicated device we can build in the sense that we have to be very lucky. There are too much ifs. Trying different combinations takes very long time. But it is probably very safe.

I am convinced that to get excess heat itself we do not need any magnetic stimulation or anything special if we are not talking about Hot Cat.
    There can be part of the process, that needs external stimulation, but the core process will really not need it. Stimulation could be only prerequisite for other factor, that is causing excess heat.

And it will work with more materials.
    Nickel - Hydrogen system is just the cheapest as far as I know.

- Main feature is, that the process is cyclic.
    - Period could be 10s or even few days long.
    - The whole process is very similar to breathing.
    - We can get extreme COP easily, but the process may be dangerous because of excess radiation.
    - Neutron bursts are created in a greater extent with respect to COP we intend to get.
    - It can work in wide range of temperatures - this is dependent on used materials.