me356: Reactor parameters [part 1]

• Thanks. Just a question or two. Your mains voltage about 230V? If it is, that cap might be a little borderline. Will 100k allow enough current to drive the IGBT? I recall that to obtain fast rise/fall edges, you need a fair current spike to charge the gate capacitance. Without that, the IGBT takes too long to switch and can get quite hot.

• Oh yeah. Calibration is done.

Thermocouple is inside the heater and is touching the tube.
    IR thermometer is sensing the heater from outside.
    Thus feedback is very fast in both cases.

Possible LENR or any deviation can be measured very well.

Temperature difference is quite linear, the difference factor is approx. 1:1.6
    Outside 700°C = Inside 1120°C

• It is not measuring stainless steel plate.
    This meter is very precise and allows extremely good focusing.
    Lets say it can be focused with 1mm precision. There are two lasers to point exact distance and position that will be measured.

Emmisivity is configured for Alumina and it was constant (in real of course it is not linear). But from the measurement there is approx. 0.1% error across the temperature range.

Fueled test is running right now.
    Thermocouple was melted in the tube yesterday so it is unfortunately not used in this experiment.

• Stainless steel plate is still there, but there is a window for direct measurement with IR.

I am testing new concept with the fuel container. Reactor is smaller, fuel container can be replaced easily and is more durable.

Me356, could you post a photo and description of your fuel container? Did you fabricate it yourself or is it a COTS container? Thanks.

• @me356, in the calibration published on june 14th, the internal temperature shows a large step at 280 C.
    Do you stop some time the increasing heating ?
    This step is it when increasing or when decreasing the heating ?
    How to explain the step ? In a so sharp range of temp ?

• So any conclusions from the last experiment ?
    (Except that the IR thermometer works great.)

Andrea I read with much interest & enthusiasm the question Paul put to you yesterday & your insightful reply
    "
    Would you say the reaction in the e-cat is behaving more like the slow burn of a piece of charcoal, or more intermittent, like popcorn in popcorn popper?Paul "

You said it is first popcorn & then the burning glowing charcoal.

Then I watched the test of me356 the other day where he had a quick response IR temperature measurement device & a TC for comparison in his graphs. As a former good controls engineer I saw what I would have needed years ago to master the Hot E-Cat for you. I am no longer that competent.

There are three ways a control engineer can get insight into a proces from dynamic test. They are Impulse, step,or pulse width modulated open loop input signal to the primary process, which in me356's case were obtained with manual control of his TRIAC power supply & impulse & step inputs as he was powering down his fuel element.

One could clearly see on the sort of impulses he implemented the very fast response picked up in the IR device. The TRIAC caused a very big pop in the micro burst process in his fuel element as you could see it in the sharp change initially & them the "Charcoal ember" in the long time respone of either or both the local metal mass or long term isotope decay constant responsible for burning embers.

These response are all a good controls engineer needs to build a good control system. Just as in current fuzzy logic PID controllers one must know where the process is coming from & where it wants to go. For wide range control in a non linear fourth power regulated response the steps must be repeated over several points of the thermal operation region at least several times to accommodate these in the control systems response as a function of load (700 C - 1400 C) & build up of (sssm) content also to where no control input is necessary.

It would be very helpful to that engineer to know what is going on at the mico burst level either by acoustic signal, video signal, EM signal from that fast time constant (popcorn) area for both control & protection of the Hot E-Cat processes.

Raeffaelo, of quad copter fame, would know just how to do that with said dynamic data & his developed adaptive controller as he beautifully manipulates his quad to carry a stick, play catch ball with him or still operate after three of his four propellers are clipped with scissors.

Thank me356 & Raeffaello for giving us both this incite & Paul for his question & you for your reply. I did capture a
    screen shot of me356's test I will try to get to you for your enjoyment.

Jim

Thanks me356, Raffaello, Paul & you for this pleasant engineering trip.

• Rical: this was during increasing.
    It is caused by simple phenomenon, that when you want to heat something to a particular temperature then power will decrease over time if you comparing it with increasing state.

JAROVNAK: thank you very much for your comment.

I will post photos and data from the latest run soon.

• Phase & gain invformation can be gotten from either method, but continuous sweep will catch sharp resonances where they occur.

• Rical: this was during increasing.
    It is caused by simple phenomenon, that when you want to heat something to a particular temperature then power will decrease over time if you comparing it with increasing state.

JAROVNAK: thank you very much for your comment.

I will post photos and data from the latest run soon.

Could search out resonance, process responsiveness/ LENR start / stop / control - identification of process response time constants. Easily implemented in Raspberry & obtain bode plot at different hold or operating point - very useful info!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.