Again apparent Forum Bandwidth Issues -- USA

• There is an increasingly frequent failure of the LENR Forum domain host for at least part of the US. I have repeatedly lost connectivity recently (especially the last two or three days). The problem is of increasing frequency-- generally with a big "Error" with a Ray ID code, that varies. I believe I also get a overscreen from my local ISP, which often shows a simple diagram of connectivity arrows showing "Browser OK [green]<-----> Cloud Host OK [green] <--------> X Domain Host. Los Angeles X" [Not OK} [more of a red color]--

Recently I have seen a couple of complete screen freeze-ups--- those now don't give any diagnostics. I guess that might show my system, or my ISP is doing something that freezes things. On those one or two recent occasions when my system itself is also locked up--- the only remedy has been to close out my browser and reboot it. I have not generally had to do a complete shutdown type of reboot. I run run a script blocker that detects unauthorized scripts running and locks them out. Generally that has not been a problem in the past, but I suppose something could be parasitizing my system recently and itself gets blocked on attempted execution....

When I do a browser reboot, I see all topics at the Google LENR Forum Portal but they are STILL completely unresponsive through Google where I access it. But, Google itself is fine for everything else in those situations. I go over to another frequently visited site with ease through Google, or do an arbitrary search fine with Google.

Recently at LENR Forum I have had to save my posts to prevent loss. Even then, I have lost some. It seems like something is inadequate. I suppose the pipeline over to "the monitors at you know who" and back is plugging?? [Sorry, if that is the issue... I hope it is not so...].

Thanks,
    Longview

• Thanks for getting back to me Barty. I don't have these sorts of problems with other internet activities. I always have quite good bandwidth at my email provider. I have good results running You Tube videos etc. My ISP seems to be delivering what I pay them to do (moderate and cheap bandwidth). There is no problem this noon Pacific Daylight Time (Saturday) at the LENR Forum for me. I believe you are right that it is likely in the US or even western US, although I dimly recall that it may have happened once or twice on the east coast US as well, that would have been at least 5 weeks back-- and might have been a different sort of problem. It is interesitng that Jarovnak seems to have found my post on this a "thumbs up" perhaps he has also a similar experience.

It may not be anything other than the infamous system here "pipelining" all international traffic over to "surveillance" and then piping it back-- that clearly could get very plugged up at times, with millions of inernational internet data streams being "screened" simultaneously.

Of course I can only guess about that from what I have read.

• [quote='barty','http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/1785-Again-apparent-Forum-Bandwidth-Issues-USA/?postID=5533#post5533']@Longview: Thank you for your feedback!

I've saved the notice I received this evening ~11 pm PDT USA, Saturday late here, Sunday Europe. I can and will send it to you offline through "Contacta" if I am able. I also briefly saw what I think is from my ISP an "overscreen" showing the diagram with Los Angeles "Domain Host" as the connection point that is failing. This time that overscreen disappeared rapidly.

After that I attempted to get back to my LENR post, but found that once again I had a complete screen freeze, no ability to click anything there. First tried going out to reload the LENR Portal, but the Google hit for the Portal was completely dead. Everything else at Google was dead. I closed out my browser and waited perhaps 30 or so minutes and was then able to get things going again with a fresh re-opening of my browser.

• Thanks again, Barty. I did look at the scheduled Cloud maintenance... there does seem to be some rough correspondence. Even though my ISP showed that it did not involve the Cloud, the maintenance could have hit my connection to the Forum while keeping other items apparently intact-- of course I was judging that from Google search that I use to connect with almost everything outside-- by the way, I am not generally a subscriber to them, and don't use them otherwise (no gmail etc.). I am sure that Google is their own cloud so to speak.

The Web is always strange to me. But for you to say it in this case, makes it really strange <X

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.