ECW Orbo O-Cube Testing Week 1 (Feb 9)

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/02/09/ecw-orbo-o-cube-testing-week-1-feb-9/']I decided that once the Ocube arrived I would start a series of threads to keep track of the testing experience. So here we go. I’ll add to this post day by day until the week is up, then start a new thread to prevent the posts from getting too long. Feb 9, 2016. The […][/feedquote]

• So this OCube with a 5F capacitor for energy storage is in fact excellent as a way to work out its mechanism.

If it does harvest low levels of ambient power the known mechanisms are:

(1) mechanical vibration or (better) gross movement
    (2) PV cell (I agree the case appears to make that impossible - but I'd need to check)
    (3) thermal variations harvested via TEG
    (4) e-m radiation but the metal case appears to rule out everything except mains freq magnetic field. I don't think this is likely.

If equipmentally challenged - as perhaps Frank A is, you could use a small USB powered led that would light on 20mW, and plug it in every minute/10 minutes/hour etc which would give a decent harvest power indication from 20mW * Ton / T. That would measure down to maybe 2uW.

My guess though is that there is no harvesting. No evidence for this so far, but then no proper tests have yet been conducted. I'm not holding my breath given the ECW censorship of critiques of improper testing...

• Some time ago I have built RF energy harvester which worked very similarly to a capacitor.
    The output voltage was 140V and it was able to permanently light around 50 LEDs.
    With added capacitor and some charging circuit it could behave very similarly.

I think that ocube is working on a similar principle as electrolytic capacitor. Probably each electrolytic capacitor is able to self charge itself overtime to some extent. Mechanism was just improved to get decent efficiency.

• Somewhere I saw pictures of both inside and outside of the O-Cube enclosure before assembly. It had been very nicely CNC machined from a solid aluminum block, a very good Faraday's cage.

• "The video Frank Acland posted today shows scratches, which he made with his screwdriver trying to open it, in the metal case which looks like alumnia."

It does look like metal, after all.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Don't be shy, Frank. Only some brute force will help here.

Take a hacksaw and cut away a piece of the curved rim so you can pry in a flat screwdriver between the lid and the bottom of the slot that you just made.

Some time ago I have built RF energy harvester which worked very similarly to a capacitor.The output voltage was 140V and it was able to permanently light around 50 LEDs.

@me365
    Did you take any photos of this device that we could see? Did you measure power out into a resistive load? If so, what did you get? It sounds like a huge amount of power compared to what one would "normally" expect unless you were directly under a transmitting antenna and even then! Suppose each LED is 10mA of current. That's 140V and 500mA or 70 Watts. You really got a continuous 70 Watts out of an RF energy harvester? How?

As for Steorn, they have lied, cheated and stolen *consistently* from investors for 10 years. Why should the current claims be any different?

• Mary Yugo,

These LED:s may as far as we know have been connected in series. That would give 2,8 V/LED. A red LED starts to shine already at 1,8 V. Nothing is said about the brightness, they may have been running at just 2 mA, giving a total power of just 0.28 W.

But me356 should know?

• The electric double layer.
    Take a completely discharged battery, heat it - emf increases. The LED will light up (maybe with 2,3,6 elements connected in series). Battery nobody has been able to discharge to the 0. Try it yourself. Surprise. Direct conversion of heat into electricity?

For the purity of the experiment make themselves a lead acid battery, then try to bring it to a 0 voltage. When heated, it will recover. Unforgettable impressions are guaranteed. Especially if you measure the amount of energy spent on the charge and discharge.

• s-grey

good point. Not in this case necessarily heat -> electricity but chemical -> electricity with change in temperature exposing new chemical material to reaction. More purely, you can get deltaT -> electricity from this by altering the chemical electropotentials (they will alter alter reversibly with temperature, or with continued reaction). That would not give more than a very small voltage (say 100mV?) but efficient up-converters are easy to build now.

Some time ago I have built RF energy harvester which worked very similarly to a capacitor.The output voltage was 140V and it was able to permanently light around 50 LEDs.With added capacitor and some charging circuit it could behave very similarly.

Well high voltage is always possible at very low current but the power harvested from ambient RF is normally very low (100s of uW) unless you can manage an aerial with a large effective collection area - not possible in a small device. A ferrite rod would probably be the best bet though not work at UHF.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.