The Playground

• IHFB - the 1MW system test flowmeter from whenever it was installed. There is a rust line and a delicate serial number problem. Curious minds do want to know. No idea about the 480 system status on the outside of the building. Rossi has a lot of splaining to do.

• Quote from stephenrenzz: “I don't blame Thomas at all. Whether people agree or disagree with his contributions, they were indeed VERY valuable to this forum as well as the field. This is just yet another example of why the mainstream science community…

I can appreciate your perspective, but I think this is a bit of a unique situation. While it pains me to admit this, Sifferkoll has become a notable name in the Rossi/IH debacle at this point....and by proxy LENR realm. While I believe his name is a negative mark on the subject, it is a notable name mentioned on every LENR related forum at this point nonetheless. Along with that self created status Sifferkoll now proudly finds himself having within the community, there are some assumed responsibilities and expectations to operate in an ethical manner if you are to be taken seriously and be given back the same. This is amplified or absolutely should be among individuals of an intelligence level to speak about matters in this realm. I think it really was something significant that he did, and we are now left with one less important perspective that may never return.

As far as mainstream science not taking LENR and even more pointedly the E-Cat/Rossi serious, whether you agree with the scientist's perspectives or not, there is no question that LENR and Rossi are not taken serious. There are of course always pet projects and some fringe exploration with all good scientists and engineers, but for the main part no real scientists in the mainstream would believe a word from Rossi's mouth especially knowing a history of Rossi and the E-Cat from day one. I would challenge anyone to find a notable mainstream scientist besides Levi that would back Rossi and his claims. The reality of the situation is that until someone can provide repeatable substantiated proof of LENR and more pointedly the "Rossi Effect", it will all remain pseudoscience. I hope that LENR ends up being proven real, but at this point all we have are occasional scattered questionable tests and data with no real honest conclusive proof. The occasional promising anomaly that we see here or there with the brilliant people working in this realm is not even close to what will be necessary to get us to the point where LENR and/or E-Cat is assumed to be just as real as any other technology we use today....we just are not there yet.

• I agree that you need an attorney. Henry hired a new attorney for JM Products. A nice real estate lawyer from the sounds of things.

I suggest you stop threatening Hank. He is harmless and is just trying to get to the bottom of the matter. It makes you look small.

Who is Henry? And are the "restart letters" from JM Products demanding that the 1MW system be restarted? Did IH have a contract with JM Products that extended beyond the one year test?

• LC - Was waiting for that to be the focus of one of you folks. So bloody predictable.

Fulvio has been Rossi's righthand man for a long time. IH paid him as a contractor for a season. Are you going to next imply that he was able to switch loyalties just for pay?

• IHFB - play period is over and the teacher says is snack time then nap time.

So, an insult after some spin? At least it is something. Can we just have some honest clear answers from you rather than the evasiveness? If you are certain in your position, you can be more forthcoming. And I will actually give your information and answers a fair shake. But I'm just not seeing anything close to candor at this point.

• IHFB - A fabulous fabrication - please explain how you have somehow concocted that I am threatening Hank?

Well, usually when one tells another that they need to hire a lawyer, especially in a rough and tumble context, it can be interpreted as a threat. My apologies if that is not what you were intending to evoke to Hank.

• Hank - Thank you for your kind response. You are a true southern gentleman.

I am not sure about the timing but I do believe that you will see a true energy breakthrough in the coming years. There is plenty to be hopeful for. Folks are getting money to the right programs and progress is being made. I have no idea about timing - 5 to 10 years might be realistic or too optimistic.

Hang in there and keep the faith.

• No Dear Paradigmoia I'm not avoiding any respose. Is you that had avoided many responses the fact that Alumina is partially transparent to IR was already evaluated in our laboratory. If you read my posts you will find it.
    But (as I'm trying to told you) the emissivity parameter have a low impact on the final measure of power emitted because it is cancelled in the calcolus.
    We have evaluated that the the maximum error is <30% . So does not harm the conclusion of the Lugano Report.

I would be interested in seeing these calculations. In general, I would agree that possibly 30% of the power could be unaccounted for due to transparency. The uneven optical thickness of the ribbed surface and the IR spectra of the underlying heat source is not easy to deal with, but should be clear that the ribs would increase the optical thickness to some degree, especially due to being made of fairly porous Durapot 810 (as compared to manufactured alumina ceramic).

Partially transparent = not transparent. Transparent = passes unobstructed = cannot heat.
    Partially transparent = partially absorbing = partial emitter = selective emitter (or greybody, depending on whether the partial absorbance is wavelength dependent or not.
    (ε = A)

If you have a body made of different partially transparent materials then the total emissivity is a convolution of the two emissivities, that depend also on the thickness of the layers .

I agree in principle. The convolution mathematically is a bit tricky for sure. The Optris however asserts an independent convolution of some sort.

Edit: Found another of Manara et al's papers :http://thermophysics.ru/pdf_do…ripts/ECTP2005paper44.pdf

• Hank - Thank you for your kind response. You are a true southern gentleman.

I am not sure about the timing but I do believe that you will see a true energy breakthrough in the coming years. There is plenty to be hopeful for. Folks are getting money to the right programs and progress is being made. I have no idea about timing - 5 to 10 years might be realistic or too optimistic.

Hang in there and keep the faith.

Well said Dewey...I am quite sure we are going to see a true energy breakthrough in the next 5-10 years, just not via Andrea Rossi and/or the E-Cat. All one has to do is look at the curve of technology to see energy follows suit. Politics and the almighty dollar will always be a roadblock, but one that man always seems to sneak around at least at some level. Having civil conversations today feels really weird...haha!!!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.