Industrial Heat Amends Answer to Rossi’s Complaint on Aug 11th

• A pipe containing low temperature steam is connected to a well insulated container. Heat from the pipe is transferred to a substance possibly suspended in a liquid. The temperature in the insulated container doesn't grow and keep growing because a large portion of the heat (not all) is being absorbed.

This is science fiction. No such industrial process exists. Even if one did, if it was a 1 MW unit there is no way you could fit the equipment into this area.

• And because all of you are so metaphorically blood thirsty and out for revenge, you are obviously going to attack me by claiming that the vat I'm describing magically keeps absorbing heat forever. Nope. The produced chemicals would be removed every so often and new starting chemicals added.

• There was no steam, no hot air, and no vent or fan remotely capable of removing 1 MW.

Shifting the goal posts I see. From none, never, whatsoever, to none capable of removing 1MW. Hard to pin you down Jed. Did you wrestle in HS?

Oh cut the crap. All warehouses have vents. You can clearly see the vents in this building in the Google image of the roof. No one ever said "there are no vents." We say there are no vents capable of handling 1 MW of hot air or steam. As noted, such vents are the size of a person. You would see them.

• you are obviously going to attack me by claiming that the vat I'm describing magically keeps absorbing heat forever. Nope. The produced chemicals would be removed every so often and new starting chemicals added.

Yeah? How often? How many tons a day? Why was this transfer never seen by any visitor? Why was there no activity or noise in the closed production area?

A factory using 1 MW of process heat is enormous. It produces large truckloads of product a day. The equipment requires operators. If the reactor ran 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as reported by Rossi (including days when Rossi himself said it was shut down) then either the factory ran 24 hours a day with people there and trucks coming in and out, or the factory was shut down and the heat was vented. If it was vented . . . WHERE ARE the vents? Nowhere to be seen!

• Part? What fraction? Half? One-forth? Where did the rest of the heat go?

IH did see nothing (no customer, no delivery etc. for more than 9 months).., how can a bunch of blind investors locate a chimney?

Just check whether they used water for the cooling. 10m3/hour helps a lot. It's just 2.6l/s that go down the gully...

The letters he signed in Exhibit 18 look incriminating to me. He signed payments for heat. He must have known there was no heat. Did he never visit the place, or ask to see any proof? He was the president of the company!

IH must have known that there was no heat.. but ABD believes they billed it. Thus IH was a part of the game anyway... If You bill somebody, You must know it's correct to do so. Otherwise You are the first responsible...

• Lets tally the vents up shall we?
    One air inlet, round, kinda big. Looks like all the others on every unit in the building. (maybe this is reversible)
    One air outlet-skylight. No fan. Rather big. Looks like all the others on every unit in the building.
    (These two are a pair, one in, one out. Standard flat roof construction. Prevents the roof tar from bubbling and mold inside.)
    A 6" duct which may go to bathroom. Maybe someone tapped into it. It goes to a roof vent that looks like all the others on every unit in the building.
    A 2" PVC pipe that is probably the plumbing vent. It goes to a roof vent that looks like all the others on every unit in the building.
    One more small vent, probably 1.5", which is almost certainly another plumbing vent. Looks like all the others on every unit in the building.
    And one air conditioner or heat pump.

• No one ever said "there are no vents."

But you did say there were no chimneys, and quite vehemently I might add.

There are no chimneys! Not one. (I hope you realize a chimney is not a vent.)

You need a chimney to vent steam, and you need a vent the size of a person to vent 1 MW of hot air. There is no chimney and no vent other than the one built into the warehouse originally, which is only large enough for ordinary commercial use. (See the Google photo of the roof.) That vent is not big enough for a commercial kitchen, let alone a good-sized factory.

• IH did see nothing (no customer, no delivery etc. for more than 9 months).., how can a bunch of blind investors locate a chimney?

They did not see a customer, delivery or a chimney for 9 months, BECAUSE THERE WERE NO CUSTOMERS, DELIVERIES, OR CHIMNEY. Obviously.

• A 2" PVC pipe that is probably the plumbing vent. It goes to a roof vent that looks looks all the others on very unit in the building.
    One more small vent, probably 1.5", which is almost certainly another plumbing vent.

Oh. You mean the dry vent for the toilet and sink. Yes, that is 1.5" See:

http://www.wikihow.com/Vent-Plumbing

"Above the intersection with the sink, the vent pipe simply acts as a vent for both fixtures and so can be smaller, 1.5" in diameter."

I thought you meant the air exhaust from a ceiling fan. I have two of those in two bathrooms. The plumber put in 2" PVC for them.

• Wow, so now we shift to fine semantics. Okay, so here are the first two definitions of chimney, from dictionary.com:
    a structure, usually vertical, containing a passage or flue by which the smoke, gases, etc., of a fire or furnace are carried off and by means of which a draft is created.
    the part of such a structure that rises above a roof.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/chimney?s=t

So, you are saying that there are neither of these present?

• They did not see a customer, delivery or a chimney for 9 months, BECAUSE THERE WERE NO CUSTOMERS, DELIVERIES, OR CHIMNEY. Obviously.

Conclusion: Why are there still people here that defend/help.. IH?? Just because this stupid (i..,fcs...,t..) have a lot of money to throw away..?

I thought the victims of such blunders were obliterated in the middle ages ...

• *sigh*
    So we have an endothermic reactant.
    And a forklift small enough to squeeze around in the space to get to bay doors. It lifts 3 tonnes (straight up).
    It makes 11666 trips a day to the Customer area and back, loaded each way, with un-reacted and reacted chemical respectively.
    0.5 MWh, all day.
    Then the air heats up with lost/process heat, and gets to 40°C. (ignoring the forklift heat).
    It gets vented at the rate of emptying the entire warehouse of air every two minutes (which needs to be replenished with 20°C air).
    0.5 MWh, all day.
    So we have a windstorm of air inside, and nearly 12000 back and forth trips with a forklift to manage the endothermic reaction.

• Edit: You have 2" PVC for an air vent? I suppose if there were no shower it would work.

With a fan that pulls air out. It is tied in with the light switch. There is window in the bathroom, but without the vent the shower ceiling got a lot of mildew. So the plumber put in a fan there.

It is awfully humid in Georgia, and my wife hates air conditioning, so we usually have the windows open.

I have an indoor bathroom which also had a vent fan from the 1950s. I replaced the fan a few years ago and it works much better.

Plumbing also needs dry or wet venting so the water will go out. That's a different story.

• @JedRothwell,
    I don't think I have ever seen a bathroom vent duct smaller than 3" steel ducting. Typical is 4" steel ducting around here.
    (These have fans, mine has a humidity delta detector and turns on automatically when showering, but has a timer switch for smells).

1.5" on the plumbing vent, sometimes bigger depending if more pipes go into it on the way up.

Edit:I worked with a guy from Alberta that said that "sniffers" were standard there. They apparently are fans that draw air from around the toilet bowl.

• IH has no requirement for the amount of heat produced as defined by the licence agreement. 3000 watts are just as good to meet the LA requirements as 3,000,000 watts. The boiling tar roof meme is a red herring. The amount of heat produced is a requirement that Rossi imposed on himself and that power production level has no barring in the court case. Rossi wanted to check out his 1 megawatt reactor in an industrial setting. IH was not interested contractually in the power level of the heat produced. The 6 cylinder reactor had a very much reduced power production capacity than the reactor that Rossi decided to test.

This implies that the flow meter readings are inconsequential. The only measurement that matters are the temperature of the water leaving the reactor and the temperature of the water going back into the reactor. The amount of water heated does not matter. All the other arguments are malarkey.

Please show where in the section 5 here: http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…sdce-16-21199__0001.2.pdf

that a power level is defined as a requirement.

Edited once, last by axil ().

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.