Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Awwww...

You are spoiling my fun! Rossi (via Wong and directly in his own deposition) claims this exists so it is nice to see that what he claims does not work!

• That delivery pipe itself is a heat exchanger of sorts. Only a few degrees C prevent that steam from condensing en route to the posited upstairs heat exchanger.

Assuming it is actually steam coming out of the reactor, the temperature is so low that I think some of the steam would condense in the pipe. This is how low temperature, low pressure steam radiators work. There is only one pipe. The steam rises in the pipe, condenses in the pipe and radiators, and falls back down into the boiler in the basement. There is no pump forcing the fluid up through the pipes, and nothing to stop it from falling back down into the boiler. (Whereas with a hot water radiator in a large house, there is a circulation pump, and two pipes.)

With Rossi's reactor, there is a pump. I suppose the pipe would soon have a lot of condensed water. Going up the second floor there would be a large column of water, enough to put pressure on the fluid coming out of the reactors and keep it in the liquid state. That is what Murray suggested must happen.

I do not think it actually went up to the second floor. If it did, the pipe was invisible.

• Looks like Wong was wrong again!

It would be politically incorrect to suggest that two Wongs make a right. (Or a Wong plus a wrong.) So, I am not going to say that. That would be an act of praeteritio. I'm just sayin' you can't deny Boolean algebra.

NOTE: I am the last person on earth who should be making fun of Asian names, given the problems Asians have with my name. I am being very, very naughty here, like Mr. Punch throwing Judy's baby down the stairs. We modern folks never laugh at such antics. Nope, not us.

• Official Post

The available air inlet size is 1/2 of the window area, since the air both goes in and comes out of the middle window. Subtract a reasonable amount for heated air drawn back in, due to exiting right at the inlet. (No contraption was noted at the window that created separation of intake and exhaust air).

Why was this imaginary air not drawn from the (readily available) air inside the building?

• Official Post

Barry West, in his deposition (207-61 pgs 99, 141-145) is prompted a number of times to talk of the rust the Big Frankies produced, that made it's way into the piping. It was a big problem, and he felt that this should be considered as it is a "foreign substance". He also mentions how big a problem "leaking piping" was. Sounds like a derelict boat....rusty, and leaking.

I would think that in any other scientific experiment, just those two things alone would invalidate the results, yet with so many other "fatal flaws" at Doral, they kind of take a back seat.

• How big of a fan is a 25,000 cubic meter/hour (14,714 cubic feet/min) fan? I think I found one that is 1 square yard that moves 15,000 cfm: http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-034…osed-4-Blad-/360876429600

Does it matter if the fan is pushing air into the box or pulling the air out of the box? Wong testified that the fans were in the external wall in the lower two panes. The above fan might work there. Rossi was less specific only saying that the fans were outside the wooden box but moving air inside the box. There was a small door into the upstairs area also.

Could those bottom lites in the window be 3' x 3'? Wong's statement of 3.8 square meters for the window supports that. There is a hand in the window and based on that I get may 2' across the lite but this is clearly a guestimate.

Of course there were no fans or openings in the window--Google Streetview shows this.

• Official Post

I was curious how many Rossi defenders have read his depositions? Hard to read them IMO, and stay supportive. Especially when they had to break his depos into 3 sections, because of the 3 roles he played, or 3 hats he wore:

194-03 "Rossi as Leonardo"

194-07 "Rossi as Andrea"

194-08 "Rossi as JMP"

If you read fast, you can go through them in 45 minutes....trust me, you will not be bored! I would be particularly interested to know what Peter Gluck thinks after reading?

• I'll ask a question I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to: is it normal/common/expected to build a hand-rolled heat exchanger to dissipate on the order of 1 MW, or is the common thing to do in this scenario to buy a commercial heat exchanger?

Just for the sake of cleaning up the books, I'll note that we now have two surviving possibilities for dissipating the 1 MW power: the endothermic process (going back to JONP) and the hand-rolled upstairs heat-exchanger (going back to the depositions). Can reasonable people agree, regardless of political persuasion, that with the evidence we have now the possibility of dissipating 1 MW heat through the water main can be ruled out? Or are there any holdouts who are still willing to defend this scenario?

• Official Post

Eric,

The water bill already ruled out dumping down the drain, and depositions ruled out the (100%) endothermic process Rossi claimed at one time on his JONP. That leaves Rossi only one option... the jury-rigged heat dissipation no one else saw, or noticed, that he and some day laborers built, and recently dismantled. Although, Para thinks that perhaps Bass described something like that with his "serpentine piping".

• Ok, Shane, let's go with that. Just for the sake of argument, on the basis of what you know, would you be willing to allow a combination of a partially endothermic process (50% efficient, say), together with the jerry-built heat exchanger? Let the proposed scenario be improbable in the extreme, just not impossible, e.g., as a result of being contradicted by sympathetic testimony in the court docs.

Here I am not phrasing things along the lines of my own understanding and am just curious whether it is possible to get broad agreement on the remaining set of possibilities. Will people agree that the water main scenario can definitely be ruled out, for example?

• There seem to have been "homemade" serpentines for cooling (upstairs), another filled with Pt sponge, (or maybe later diamond and graphite), this/these large commercial condensers (image). Only the upstairs one seems to have been vented directly to the outside (if it existed at all).

The commercial one(s) depicted in the images seem to be in addition to the homemade units.

Where were the commercial condensers, and why was something like this not used upstairs, rather than a homemade serpentine pipe arrangement?

• Para you picked a really weird time to start going with the "RossiSays" I am still working on Jeds invisible pipes.With Easter coming up the Maestro is going to need both a new rabbit and a new hat. Maybe he has figured out a new field of physics called "mysterious entropy entanglement" with him you just never know.

• Official Post

Eric,

There were never any platinum sponges placed in the serpentine pipes to absorb the heat, nor any graphene. There was nothing produced. This is obvious enough from reading all the depositions...including Rossi's. West, when asked why he thought there was something dishonest going on, referred to -among other things, how he heard nothing from the JMP side for days on end. The radiation inspector said there was nothing going on in there, and had nothing of what one would expect from a, industrial production site.

I do not think Rossi will push that (endothermic process) issue again. He can not, so I think that one can be laid to rest. So that leaves only Rossi's homemade heat exchanger. Yet, that is a lie too, as there are pictures of the front of the building showing the windows during, or shortly after, the time the test took place, and, well...they are windows. No big fan sitting in the frame.

Now, Para thinks that possibly what Bass referred to as the "serpentine piping" was part of the system. I am not sure about that, but since Bass, nor West, were not asked in deposition about the upstairs heat exchanger, I tend to think Rossi concocted this story late in the game.

Plus, another thing Bass said about the serpentine pipes is that they had a heating strip on them. Bass felt the strips might have something to do with preheating the platinum sponges...of which there were none as it turned out. Had the serpentine pipes been for an exhaust system, he would have said so, plus why would you put heating strips on a heat exchanger?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.