Atomic Batteries to Power...

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Dear friend,

if you want that something happen and i believe this is what you want, you should join a team , the one you want.

With your great background you should be more efficient for the field rather report hopeless daily speculations we can see everywhere..

https://slguardian.org/chinese…oduce-power-for-50-years/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here is the company's own press release:

贝塔伏特公司成功研制民用原子能电池

Translation: Betavolt successfully develops atomic energy battery for civilian use.pdf

I guess that using 63Ni as a beta source will not be a new idea, but they don't say how they are manufacturing it.

I'm sure it would be possible to create by placing nickel samples within the neutron flux of a reactor core (that is how many radiochemicals are produced, for medical use) - but that isn't cheap (unless you can get subsidised use of a reactor).

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• 2 CEA's formers deposited a patent in 2014, in the same way but by proton involvement.

I have a printed release but not able to recover the web link.

Patent : FR 3 018 946 A1 from 20 03 2014 Michel Buxerolle and Jacques Kurdjan.

• Yes that's right , good to have recover them.

Probably the 2 better French researchers in the LENR field, very very skilled.

They evolved during the Piantelli time unfortunately they stopped next because Michel passed away ( 85 yo) and his friend with who he spent an entirely life of work was too perturbated to continue alone.

they wrote also interesting theoretical papers to explain the NIH "reactions" by bosons involvement.

• They evolved during the Piantelli time unfortunately they stopped next because Michel passed away ( 85 yo) and his friend with who he spent an entirely life of work was too perturbated to continue alone.

That is sad to hear. The patent seems to have lapsed at the end of 2019 due to the non-payment of renewal fees.

• Here future cells batteries using beta decay and semi conductors to contain radiations.

Soon in your pocket ( 2025) and for the next 50 years...

北京贝塔伏特新能科技有限公司

Une batterie nucléaire qui ne se recharge jamais insérée dans votre smartphone, voilà le pari fou de cette start-up chinoise
    Une entreprise chinoise dit être la première à avoir créé une batterie nucléaire miniature sans recharge nécessaire, qui insérée dans un smartphone pourrait…
    www.clubic.com

• Hi David,

Production of 63Ni and handling are still quite a problem in my humble opinion.

It produces a 67keV ß- and would require an advanced industrial process if you want to obtain it with a "classical" process.

Producing them in-situ seems a better option, but prevent you from being portable.

Anyway, I wish them good luck in their explorations.

Best

• Real nuclear chain reactions LENR of β-decay (n→p+e-+e) along the main channel, when controlled by various methods, is feasible in the laboratory: passing hydrogen 1H1 (tritium 3H1, deuterium 2H1, water H2O) through 63Ni28, (or 56Ni) (artificial radioactive isotope of nickel, harmless to humans, serving as a source antineutrino (neutrino) and substance absorbing neutrons), at t ~36.5 - 1200°C:

+ 63Ni28+1H→63Cu29+e-++1H+Q → +p++e-+p+ → e++n → n→p++e-+ → +1H →

where 63Cu29 is a stable non-radioactive copper isotope.

AGEng1.pdf

• There's no point trying to convince me of anything... Only the market will be right :)

• Production of 63Ni and handling are still quite a problem in my humble opinion.

It produces a 67keV ß- and would require an advanced industrial process if you want to obtain it with a "classical" process.

"Commercial" viability might depend on China government subsidies (either hidden or overt).

e.g. When the UK company Amersham International was privatized in the 1980s, part of its "commercial success" seemed to be because they were not really paying a fully realistic price for their radioactive materials. It appeared that raw materials continued to be irradiated in the DIDO Class reactors at Harwell, at nominal cost, just as they had been when the "Radiochemical Centre" was state owned. This was effectively a sneaky (and arguably corrupt) state subsidy, which helped private investors to make a massive profit from the privatization.

China probably has plenty of research reactors that could irradiate nickel, in a "classical" process. And since the Chinese industrial cost base is notoriously opaque, from an accounting perspective, the "Betavolt company" might be able to get their 63Ni at an unrealistically low price.

Edit: Swapped a link to the wiki page on sibling reactor PLUTO, instead of DIDO, as it has more information.

Edited 3 times, last by Frogfall ().

• My personal view on this is that, althought Beta Voltaics have important applications in providing small levels of power for long periods, they have a niche market, and we will probably never see any Beta voltaic battery powering an electric car drive train.

I have also said that the LEC’s more direct application in it’s current form could be developed in products directly competitive with Beta Voltaic batteries.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Oak Ridge talking about 63Ni manufacture, back in 2011.

Making radioactive 63Ni to target explosives | ORNL

Quote from linked page

To make 63Ni, technicians at the Radiochemical Engineering Development Center at HFIR prepare targets of enriched stable 62Niand then bombard them with neutrons in HFIR. Each target contains 25 grams of pressed 62Ni metal pellets stacked in a 35 inch long aluminum target capsule, 12.5 grams at each end. Under bombardment with neutrons, 62Nibecomes activated and the result is a new, radioactive isotope useful for airport and transportation security applications.

The 62Ni comes from an inventory of stable isotopes maintained by ORNL's Isotope Development Group.

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Thank you Frogfall for this sharing :)

I always thought that never it would be possible to propel a simple car by a clean nuclear way.

In this way all 3 main nuclear accidents didn't do a good publicity for a while.

Even we can consider that nuclear certifications could be only financed only by big companies regarding the mountain to climb.

Now, by this small Chinese battery for cells, i became more confident it's i think the best way to catch all the people to a more positive feeling.

Cells phones are looked at some toys, so a nuclear battery becoming the last fashion toy .

So, after this first stage we can imagine, yes, that other ways as cars spread out at larger scale.

The lithium/ion way becoming quickly over unexpectedly.

According to datas shared by this Chinese company, we should propel a car by 100/120 Hp in the same size as a classic oil tank ( 80/100 liters volume).

Now this "tank's autonomy" staying in the nuclear range :)

Oak Ridge talking about 63Ni manufacture, back in 2011.

https://www.ornl.gov/news/maki…ve-63ni-target-explosives

• I always thought that never it would be possible to propel a simple car by a clean nuclear way.

n.b. The Batman TV clip was not meant to say these batteries could propel cars.

The phrase "Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed" was just a part of my childhood.

• According to datas shared by this Chinese company, we should propel a car by 100/120 Hp in the same size as a classic oil tank ( 80/100 liters volume).

Where does the Chinese company says that? I missed it, I would have had a good laugh.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.