First Graphene-Based Chip

• Researchers Claim First Functioning Graphene-Based Chip
    The semiconductor bests silicon alternatives for electron mobility
    spectrum.ieee.org

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Here is Australia's new technology

Archer is currently developing various gFET design techniques through the engagement of several commercial semiconductor foundry partners. This has the potential to increase the applications of the Biochip, improve quality control, and bolster the company’s supply chain resilience.

Early gFET chips at Archer designed for liquid gating and multiplexing have been validated through multi-project wafer and whole wafer runs with foundry partners in Europe. The semiconductor chip manufacturing processes and technology in each graphene foundry differ, including the characteristics of graphene within the devices. Performing wafer runs in several foundries is required as part of the gFET chip development process to optimise the gFET design and manufacturing for foundry readiness and compatibility.

Find out more

ARCHER | Excellence in Materials Technology

• Events through last quarter

Archer’s Biochip

Archer’s Biochip innovation aims to integrate graphene field effect transistors (“gFETs”) into

advanced fluidic systems to create miniaturised lab-on-a-chip device platforms for medical

diagnostics. This could enable the ability to parallelise the detection of multiple biologically

relevant targets on a chip.

The Company demonstrated multiplexing readout for its advanced Biochip gFET devices by

designing and developing new hardware and software systems to readout the signal from four

gFET sensors at once on a single chip. This is a significant advancement over the earlier

generations of the Biochip system, which could only activate one-sensor-at-a-time, as

announced on 14 September 2023. Archer intends to apply its multiplexing capability in the

Biochip to test for multiple diseases on a single chip at once

To be updated see new directions

ARCHER | Excellence in Materials Technology

🤔

• I had noticed that there was a thread about graphene semiconductors, but today I would like to share my chip design featuring graphene, plasmon, and THz. To clarify, this is actually what I drew prior to designing the LENB (Low-energy Nuclear Battery). I haven't promoted this idea very well because I thought it wasn't feasible yet. However, today I added an analog computing version on pages 7 and 8, which seems possible with current technology. I haven't discussed this paper with anyone yet, so I don't know if my explanation will be sufficient, but I hope you'll read it and give me any feedback :)

• Isn't this what Theranos were promising?

I believe their main claim was the ability to test with a very small sample of blood. A pin-prick such as you use to measure glucose, rather than ~30 ml collected with a hypodermic needle. I don't see the point of that. Most people only need a blood test once a year and it does not hurt much.

There were many problems with the pin-prick. The main problem was there was no enough fluid for all of tests they need. Another big problem was contamination from the skin. The hypodermic needle goes into the vein before it begins collection, so contamination from the skin and skin surface are avoided.

I recall Theranos was also working on a nanomaterial chip to detect multiple conditions. They made significant progress with that. Other researchers are working on it.

• DIY Nuclear batteries for all...at your own risk.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Alan Smith,

I was very impressed to learn about Betavolt and their potential for generating electricity through beta decay using semiconductors. Although it produces micro-watt levels of power without involving nuclear fusion, I believe that incorporating nuclear fusion could increase the electric output of the system. The light or heat observed in LENR sites is fundamentally generated by excited electrons resulting from the release of nuclear binding energy. I am wondering if semiconductors would receive these particles before converting them to EM energy.

Currently, I am attempting to initiate computer simulations in order to accurately design the experimental setup for testing this theory.

• ARCHER | Excellence in Materials Technology

Next step towards a medical diagnostic Chip

Archer miniaturises Biochip gFET chip design

Highlights

• Archer Materials has advanced its Biochip gFET chip design with a significant

reduction in size.

• The Biochip size reduction was achieved by Archer personnel redesigning the

layout of the circuits creating the gFET transistors.

• Archer has sent the miniaturised chip designs for fabrication to a foundry partner,

Applied Nanolayers (“ANL”), based in the Netherlands.

• The miniaturised chips will undergo wafer dicing, assembly, packaging and related

electrical testing at Archer’s newly established outsourced semiconductor

assembly and testing (“OSAT”) partner, AOI Electronics in Japan.

• The delivery of the new miniature packaged chips is anticipated in mid-2024

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.