Posts by Rob Woudenberg

The HB11 website provides more interesting information, in particular the Jan. 2020 paper.

It seems the technology is still at a very early stage and currently mainly a bundle of potential technologies that are also concentrated in a number of patent applications.

I noticed that the 1.4 MV potential of the reactor sphere required to generate electricity , indicated in their illustrations, conflicts with the 1.4 V potential in the text provided.

Hora's patent applications describe a potential of 1.4 MV will be required, which is quite complicated to implement.

But both have shut down operations, and Piantelli's patents were being offered for salew as recently as last September. I declined to buy, not that I consider them worthless neccessarily, but because anybody can read them for free, so what exactly you are buying is not very much of a secret.

Alan Smith ,

Buying patents has little to do with having access to its content.

In general, every patent starts with an application which gets published 18 months after the filing date, meaning that your claimed invention will not be publically available for only 18 months.

After publications everyone can access and read them without any costs.

Patents only hold value if it's application gets granted (mostly after 5 - 7 years when claims are judged to be unique).

A granted patent enables the owner mainly to:

1) license out the granted claimed technologies (earn money from licenses)

2) manage who may implement the claimed technologies (an owner can decide to be the only implementor and therefore block competition) (earn money through competitive advantages)

While using X-rays from the Swiss Light Source (SLS) fired at Sr2CuO3, physicists at the Paul Scherrer Institute observed an electron splitting into two new particles, the spinon and the orbiton.

https://scitechdaily.com/split…o-the-spinon-and-orbiton/

Results may help to understand high-temperature superconductivity

Observation of the electron splitting apart may also have important implications for another current research field – that of high-temperature superconductivity. Due to the similarities in the behaviour of electrons in Sr2CuO3 and in copper-based superconductors, understanding the way electrons decay into other types of particles in these systems might offer new pathways towards improving our theoretical understanding of high-temperature superconductivity.

From today's Rossi's Blog:

1. Anonymous February 2, 2020 at 1:56 AM

Dr Rossi,

Do you think that the “scalable ubiquitous EVO” can explain in some measure the Rossi effect and the Ecat operation?

2. Andrea Rossi February 2, 2020 at 3:22 AM

Anonymous:

Absolutely not.

The theoretical bases of the Ecat operation is here:

http://www.researchgate.net/pu…nge_particle_interactions

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Ain't nessasarily fusion but the formation and decay of non-singularity hydrogen/electron constructs. Pico-chemical formation and annialation/decay catalyzed or of the same substance?

Holmlid indicates several ways to obtain energy from UHD/UDD. It could be in the form of fusion, heat or electricity, depending on the implementation.

Norront Fusion Energy AS aims to commercialize the works of Leif Holmlid by focussing on annihilation.

Holmlid has a stake in Norront Fusion Energy AS.

I would like to add a fourth theory that may be commonly applicable to Sapphire, Suncell and Ecat SK(L) to challenge Director with the aim of a fair and calm discussion.

As some forum members might recall I am an admirer of the works of Leif Holmlid.

I've expressed earlier thoughts (April 2016) that Rossi and Holmlid might have in common that they both deal with Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium.

I'd like to add now other LENR related companies and researchers to that thought (e.g. Sapphire team, Suncell team).

In my thoughts the following components play an important role:

1. Atomic Hydrogen/Deuterium
    2. Suitable catalyst(s) to form Rydberg/Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium
    3. A (controlable) energy trigger source to release high energy particles from Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium.

1. Atomic hydrogen/Deuterium

This can be produced in many different ways. A few to mention here:

• at the surface of specific metals that are able to absorb/desorb hydrogen/deuterium
    • an arc/plasma method. Such method is commonly used for atomic hydrogen welding, where a sustained (AC powered) arc is produced between two hollow tungsten electrodes. Heat produced within the arc separates molecular hydrogen into atomic hydrogen. In the case of metal welding, the atomic hydrogen is recombined at the metal surface of the to be welded parts while releasing high temperatures caused by the recombination energy of hydrogen atoms to molecular hydrogen. The hydrogen arc welding method does not consume the tungsten electrodes.

2. Suitable catalyst(s) to form Rydberg/Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium

These catalysts are well known. Holmlid did use a particular commercial Royal Shell catalyst (potassium doped FeO).

The use of Pottasium, Lithium is commonly mentioned in patent (applications), scientific articles.

All parties, Rossi, Sapphire project team and Suncell team have mentioned at least the use of Lithium if I recall well.

3. A (controlable) energy trigger source to release high energy particles from Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium.

Holmlid indicated the use of a laser that can be controlled very accurate. But, he also indicated that Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterum is emitting high energy particles spontaniously or influenced by even the light of his laboratory ceiling lights. This shows that the emission of high energy particles from Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium is difficult to control.

The stream of ions or electrons in a plasma would also be a useable trigger source, be it not very controllable since this plasma is also used to generate atomic hydrogen/deuterium.

Infrared radiation would also be a possible source for the release of high energy particles from Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium (think Mizuno R20).

All parties, Rossi, Sapphire project team and Suncell team, showed they have all 3 components mentioned above in their setups available and they heavily struggle with control of their process because the trigger energy applied to UDH/UDD is hardly controlled in their setups sofar. This is where Holmlid is much more in control with regards to his process to release high energy particles.

In particular Rossi has shown remarkable steps to improve his methods. He started with using Nickel powder (suitable of creating atomic hydrogen by absorb/desorb hydrogen), but suffered probably huge problems caused by sintering of nickel powder. Remember that Rossi mentioned in the early days (2011-2013) that the excess heat was generated in the (borium/lead) shielding of his reactor tubes, probably because of absorption of high energy particles. Now he seems to use plasma only avoiding sintering issues and allowing for more control.

The control issue using plasma is obvious if my theory is correct: there are two parameters that needs to be controlled while using plasma, the first one being the generations of the precise amount of atomic hydrogen (to form UDH) and the second one being the amount of trigger energy. With plasma methods shown by Rossi, Sapphire- and Suncell teams, both parameters are not controlled independantly. This might be the key challenge for all involved parties.

Hi Rob.

Deuterium and hydrogen along with nitrogen and argon are present as gases at very low pressures - perhaps mixtures of all or some or as single pure gases. The anodes we know about are either Iron or Tungsten. Everything else seen in the system (and picked out in the photos above) is either a transmutation product or an impurity. The catalyst in this instance is the charged complex plasma layers around the anode during operation.

Alan, I meant to say that the available D and or H gasses could be transformed into D* or H* (or UDD / UDH) only when suitable catalysts are present.

They could be present due to impurities, as you indicated, or transmutations.

Personally, I do not believe that only transmutations are responsible for the excess energy. But I could be wrong of course.

What is the basic take away, apart from @director's prescriptions, regarding the source of excess energy?

The initial phase of the process is without any noticeable catalysts that may form D* or H*.

However after some time, due to transmutations, Li and Na seem to be present.

Those elements could be the required catalysts to form D* or H*.

In the second stage of the process D* or H* could be responsible for the excess energy.

Anyone with a different opinion?

Although I am still not convinced that Andrea Rossi has exactly what he is claiming, let's assume he has.

In that case, combining the description of Mircea Sanduloviciu 's publications on plasma balls and the latest plasma based concept of Andrea Rossi is quite interesting.

The pulsating plasma ball (as described by Mircea Sanduloviciu ) allows quite easy harvesting the pulsating plasma in the form of electricity by means of a well placed coil.

Possibly, counter EMF will cause some extra control challenges.

Since Mircea Sanduloviciu claims that this phenomenon has a highly efficient thermal conversion to (pulsating) electrical field energy this may well be the method Rossi is practicing when claming he has approximately 80% electricity and 20% thermal energy production in his latest reactor models.

Director

I still trying to understand why you are so convinced your 'simple steps' are key to follow up to obtain 'cold fusion'.

A few questions to understand your insights better, if I may:

1. What gas mixture do you have in mind? Only Deuterium or Hydrogen?
    2. Do you think Ultra Dense form of Deuterium or Hydrogen is required?
    3. Are there, in your view, catalysts involved and if so what catalysts do you have in mind?
    4. How is (excess) energy extracted and in what form mainly?
    5. What is, in your view, the main mechanism that creates excess energy using your advised steps?