Rob Woudenberg Verified User
  • Male
  • from Portugal
  • Member since Sep 16th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Rob Woudenberg

I can't imagine that this paper from Barsoum is intended for external publication. It looks like a very hasty composed laboratory note that may be part of other notes related to internal LENR proposals.

It's full of spelling mistakes and false statements.

The claims are rather bold. It's not clear what type of car light bulbs have been used either (they can be any wattage between 2 and 70W). There are no energy measurements included.

I only see some possible LENR components:

- Hydrated Alkali Aluminum Silicates are also known as zeolites. Zeolites can be used to free alkali ions.

- Discharging a lead acid battery releases Hydrogen ions.

Alkali ions are often applied in battery technologies. So adding zeolites to a lead acid battery could just extend the electro-chemical capacity of a lead acid batterij. Barsoem should at least analyze the chemical options to verify his incomplete observations before suggesting infinitive energy caused by LENR.

Curbina

This one? I recall reading it before.

Curbina

This is still the latest USPTO document.

I just checked USPTO Public Pair and there is no update newer that the one can provided.

Just to repeat the process to obtain latest info from USPTO:

Go to the USPTO Public Pair website and apply the application number (in this case 20190371480).

Next you will get the info page of that publication. By selecting the tab 'Image File Wrapper' you get all documents related to the application. tick mark the ones you want to obtain and download the pdf file.

For the global communication details (including the communication with non-USPTO patent offices) you can use USPTO 'Global Dossier'.

can

There are a few relevant details in those quotes.

It looks like Mills is thinking that hydrinos are lighter than air. This contradicts with UDH which has an extreme density and thus is very heavy and won't vanish in air.

The production of oxygen, also mentioned in the above first quote, could, combined with high temperature, cause the decomposition of UDH, maybe indeed to regular Hydrogen. But as we both agree, a complete cycle of production and decomposition of UDH would result in zero net energy. Maybe part is accumulated and part is decomposed.

We discussed the process of Mills earlier. Assuming that his hydrinos might be similar to UDH and the energy that is harvested is only the condensation energy of Hydrogen Rydberg matter, this would mean a possible accumulation of UDH.

The question is whether there is indeed accumulation of UDH or that UDH is being destroyed by the high temperatures of the reactor (I recall Holmlid suggested that UDH may be destroyed by temperatures > 1000ºK at low gas pressures).

Accumulation would be really dangerous due to the potential energy of UDH.

If destruction of UDH is happening in Mills reactors, what would be the energy required to destroy UDH?

And, to what will UDH be converted when destroyed?

I don't recall any data on this from Holmlid's papers. Do you can ?

Or, does Mills have a theory on this?

Most inventors with a theory prefer to stick to theirs.

We all have our stubbornness, including myself ;)

can

Thanks for digging up those details.

It's Platinum indeed that Holmlid used, my mistake.

It has been a while since I had a look at Piantelli's patent applications. This one is still being processed, so certainly of interest. It is another confirmation that the use of alkali metals combined with Hydrogen is claimed as we see with almost all LENR claims. Also Piantelli might not been aware of ultra dense Hydrogen at the time of filing, but it's another confirmation that UDH might be the cause of the excess heat as found by him.

In his latest publication Holmlid describes and illustrated one material that both generates atomic Hydrogen and K RM.

I wonder whether it would be easier to use two methods in parallel to obtain the same but independantly, so one method to generate atomic Hydrogen and another method to create alkali metal RM.

In fact in earlier papers he used a (heated?) palladium tube in addition to a Rydberg catalyst (Shell) which may indicate that using Shell catalyst alone may not work well.

Iwamura (Clean Planet) does something interesting in that aspect.

The stacks that Iwamura mostly uses contain layers of capable metals to absorb Hydrogen alternated with CaO layers.

These metal layers in fact convert added molecular Hydrogen to atomic Hydrogen supported by gas pressure and heat.

Next, atomic Hydrogen is leaving a metal layer and moves towards a CaO layer. Careful reading of one of Iwamura's patent applications, reveals following:

However, since CaO, Y 2 O 3 and TiC are difficult to permeate hydrogen, the third layer 24a made of any one of these CaO, Y 2 O 3 and TiC has a thickness of less than 1000 nm, particularly 10 nm or less. It is desirable to form it extremely thin. The third layer 24a made of any one of CaO, Y 2 O 3 , and TiC may be formed in an island shape instead of being formed in a complete film shape.

and:

Here, CaO is a non-metallic material and does not permeate hydrogen. Therefore, the third layer 27c made of CaO is formed to be extremely thin with a thickness of 2 nm so that CaO is formed in an island shape without being formed into a complete film shape.

This means there may exists 'pockets' without material adjacent to CaO 'islands' that leave room for forming Ca RM and combining it with atomic Hydrogen that is released by an adjacent metal layer.

I have a strong suspicion that Iwamura is not aware of this option, since he motivates these island shaped CaO areas in this layer to allow Hydrogen to permeate this layer.

A new youtube video has been posted by Alexandr Parkhomov.

I have no knowledge of the Russian language, nor was I able to get the translation functions of Youtube of this video working, but the impression I have is that with this video Parkhomov discusses the progress and operating modes of his latest reactors.

He seems still working on Ni/Cu powder tubes with additional Lithium.

This video also links (in the comments) to the recorded youtube videos of Klimov-Zatelepin webinars held on 14 and 21 April this year.

Mostly in Russian, so if someone is able and willing to give some highlights in English this would be very much appreciated.

If i understood correctly what FT said that the main problem is to get enough electromagnetic excitation power in the THz-range. Their solution is to create very sharp, high dU/dt (or dI/dt), pulses and wish enough harmonic components in the high frequency area. It is easy to understand the problem, because the highest electric frequencies in normal life are those found in WiFi or inside a microwave oven, a few GHz. So 1000x more is needed. I checked a little bit in the internet what is available at the moment. The fastest components seem to be capable of handling a few hundreds of GHz but THz is still far-away.

To succeed they need to invent something quite exotic to overcome the problem. Fortunately there is quite a lot of interest in this frequency area especially in sensor development so maybe suitable components are soon available there ?

Sparking would give them those frequencies much easier. I am sure they are aware but timing is probably also key. It may be complex to time sparks with a nanosecond accuracy.