Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Alan Smith

In the unlikely event of my being offered passage to Mars I would go, even if I never came back. It would certainly save my family the cost of a funeral. However, time-lag on data communication would make moderation difficult.

Here's that fairy doing a few twirls. This is the data on 'Androcles 2' that has reached me via email a few hours ago in W. Texas so far- the radiation data. I don't yet have the temperature overlay, but this (I am sure) shows the repeatable spikes in the count when the heater is totally powered down and the cooling test sample hits the 350-300C zone. Right now that's all I know.

Andro_may7.pdf

Yes, that's Russ George - he will be with us (hopefully) till late summer. He's a huge help to us, and since Martin and I can provide him with the technical support that he has not had for a long time, it seems we are a help to him as well.

Russ (as you know) is a highly skilled and careful experimenter - already the LENR fairy has shown herself a little under his guidance in a 'non ;LION' test, and if she moves in on a regular basis, I'll tell all about it.

Beautifull! Were is the location of this lab?

In the Essex countryside - around 25km from London

I have one question: do you ever feel the need to use thick plastic, polycarbonate for example, as a shield. What with hydrogen and electric power ... And what about radiation counters? Couldn't something inadvertently produce ionizing radiation or even neutrons?

That is 3 questions. The answers are:- Sometimes, what about them, and possibly, but never seen in the LENR field AFAIK.

Here's a walk-round of our new lab- still a bit 'just moved in' - but we are getting there.

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very right and proper too. However, I would bet you that quite a lot of the collected material ends up in landfills or is exported and (sometimes) land-filled elsewhere. Once somebody has collected the deposit money, they have no further interest in the actual object, be it soda can or glass bottle. It is a very sad state of affairs.

But - in reality they are 10 grams of Al at most. You need 100 to make a kilo, 100,000 to make a tonne. And a ton of Al can scrap is worth $500 in the metal market -after it has been washed and crushed into bales. So the real scrap value is 0.5 USc/can. BUT - if you have a deposit scheme that boosts the value artificially, then they are worth more to the end user, but are still worth little on the scrap market.

It's a complicated piece of theatre, full of illusions. ETA -my mantra- Collection is not recycling.

Drink a Coke, conserve the can

Collected by the garbage man

You think you have recycled it

But it ends up in a pit

The problem stems from lack of cash

It's cheaper to burn cans into ash

But we have found a cunning way

To make soda can recycling pay

We make them into hydrogen

For fuel cell use? 10 out of 10!

And the ash that's left behind

It's treasure that can be refined.

Hi. No Gallium, we use an entirely non-toxic catalyst system developed in-house. As for 'assuming they are recycled' that's what the canned drinks industry depends on people thinking. Collection figures can be high (as they are for car tyres) but real recycling rates are a disgrace .(ditto for car tyres)

Not many people know that globally only 15% of aluminium soda cans get recycled. And that re-smelting them is technically difficult, expensive polluting and wasteful. At 400C the can lacquer breaks down into highly toxic dioxins and furans. Using them instead to make hydrogen and cleanly re-smeltable zero-carbon aluminium oxide is in fact a very green process, creating less than 4% of the CO2 emissions that Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) plants do when making hydrogen from natural gas, and the valuable by-product of very low carbon aluminium oxide produces less than 2% of the CO2 created by mining and refining bayerite for electro-smelting.

We have been working on a process to do this for almost 4 years, and are now upscaling it - getting ready to build a pilot plant. Here's the reactor we are building to run the process. It isn't LENR, but it is very low CO2 (COP of 8), exothermic and produces Hydrogen from stuff nobody wants- not even Coca-Cola. Now you know why I have been a little bit quieter lately... there's a lot of work gone into this. And still 20 data-catchers to fit.

Control panel.

Solenoid valves/secondary pump for heating and cooling reactor jacket and the extractor terminal /heat exchanger outlside.

While deuterating diamonds one day

In a very P&F kind of way

I noticed a strange gleaming ray.

I cried out 'What's that?'

(it scared the lab cat)

And thought that I might run away

But no use to run

It was only the sun

In springtime it comes out to play

Reporting negative results is not a problem to LFH. While there is always a temptation to do this, don't forget that a negative result may occupy only a few paragraphs, whereas a positive result demands more. So bigger piles of words are more easily tripped over.

As for shouting from the rooftops, I have no head for heights.