Alan Smith Admin-Experimenter
  • Member since Nov 10th 2015

Posts by Alan Smith

LFH team disappointed/surprised/intrigued by these initial results?

Hi there. Not any of the above, to a great degree, this is LENR, the famously fickle dame we are talking about, you just keep bringing her flowers and whisky until she cracks a smile.

LION hasn't yet got back to us, but was never a rapid responder so no surprise there. We have another fuel tube of our own manufacture to run - probably starting tomorrow, and are also investigating another preparation process involving a shorter diapad bake at (perhaps) 600C and then 24 hours subjected to high-intensity ultrasound in heavy water, using a heated US tank. Deuterium loading via cavitation is known to work for Ti and other metals, but to what exemt it works in nickel or diamonds is unknown - to me at any rate. 600C is well below the recognised oxidation temperature of diamonds btw, but we will do full optical microscopic examination at each stage- looking for changes but without any preconceived ideas.

The game's afoot!

I contend that confining the muons with a magnetic bottle will greatly increase the energy production of the reactor.

That might well be the case Axil, if difficult to achieve in practice, but first of all, we want to see what leaks out.

can:

Possibly this would work, Al and Cu would certainly generate secondaries. Russ George who is currently supplying in-house expertise at the LFH lab is a big fan of standard Geigers placed behind a silver foil screen, which according to him can transform what appears to be a moderately raised count (over background) to a full on screaming saturated geiger counter.

You do not, unless you admit openly to being connected in some way with the Rossi circus.

As I have said many times, I have been friends with some of those Rossi left behind in Europe before Rossi was ever heard of, and remain so. If that's a connection, so be it., but there's nothing sinister about it. As for 'defending Rossi, I am more interested in defending civility.

Here's a little catch-up with the LION tests...

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Possibly none at all, I think the incorporation of D2O into the fuel tube (the diapads are loaded 'wet') is more significant. But, opinions are not as important as experiments to find out.

When you source your heavy water from the lab of one of the world's foremost LENR researchers, and it comes in a sealed bottle bearing the Sigma Aldrich brand you can be fairly confident. As for 'maccles/trigons' on the diamond surface, they have nothing to do with heavy water, but are a common feature of rough diamonds. See photograph below. ETA- and here. http://www.apothogems.com/?tag=trigon

Update: Switched off the reactor today after 140 hours from start. No surprising effects seen, preliminary data analysis underway but at first glance it looks like a null result. More work to do on this though.

Back to the lab today to (amongst other things) check on the LION experiment - will pull the plug on this one unless something remarkable is occurring, which seems unlikely after 7 days. Data analysis to follow later this week, as we have overseas visitors this week, who describe themselves as 'investors in the future' - so plenty to do.

Why isn't LION giving you more than anecdotal information? Doesn't he/she/it wan't this to succeed as a valid third party replication? Why such obfuscation in LENR research?

LION is a little shy. We are gradually getting to know one another a little better, which will help. I am sure that LION does genuinely wish a successful outcome for his work, and ours.

Yes we are in touch. The suggestion was that (at some point) we would see anomalous heat and radiation. This is still possible, but grows less likely by the day. Of course, this is LENR, and the account I have constructed of the fuel prep and loading is pretty much based on anecdotes. Neither of these two things tend to be reliable. But there are more experiments in the pipeline once this one is declared 'over', and at some point in April we expect to undertake a test with a tube prepared by LION himself.

Paid a visit to check on the LION rest run- nothing to report really - reactor steady at 800C, heater draw normal, radiation maybe a little up- but that could be thermal creep. Left it running all alone overnight.