zorud Member
  • Member since Jan 24th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by zorud

(He bought one more condo in November) ... so he simply had money left to spend in his favorite area of business...and yes - he is indeed not a finance guy, only he could come up with a business case selling heat 20% below market price with almost zero investment, it seems.

Maybe his new condo is already remodeled to be the new robotic factory where he is assembling all his stuff? We could potentially track then increasing deliveries from a home depot market nearby for his supply chain... :)

1 SK = 27kW = 1kg.

Since Rossi stated he can scale his SK according to the customers need, it would be interesting to see a setup only for one (!) 40MW customer who needs this heat in one facility...if you do the math, you would end up with a power block in the customers backyard of ca. 1,5 ton of bundled reactors, wired with ca. 15 x 10kg controller boxes (ca. 100 SK per controller)...I could imagine if you think in addition of all other required wiring, cables, grid power, water piping / heat exchange...etc. this might end up in a very complex and extensive SK power plant, that probably need to run more than a year to get the instvestment back, if there are only 20% savings for the customer in his energy bill vs former years...Rossi would be more than busy to install and maintain such a unit. If there are more....? And what happens to the plant in case of internet break down? Autonomous emergency program until up-/downlink established again? Immediate shit down? But all this must have been tested and verified, otherwise no sales and no customers....

Axil, LENR to become true is probably everybody’s wish here. But most people here think or are sure that Rossi has noting but a dream, and I personally want him to be either the next Nobel price winner because he brought the Working ECat to the world or being caught in the act of con or a fake LENR device...I do not hate him, but I hate to wait and see always the same pattern...useless demos, no customer and no product on the market. And always a new and better toy when he gets close to start manufacturing the final product...

I wonder why Rossi is waiting until end of January with his world premiere SK live stream....

His new toy is already nicely working and heating up an unknown factory outside Florida somewhere in the cold US... :)

1. Frank Acland November 29, 2018 at 6:55 AM

Dear Andrea,

Is the 25 degrees inside the factory where you say you are now working, currently being provided by an E-Cat SK?

Warm regards,

Frank Acland

2. Translate Andrea Rossi November 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM

Frank Acland:

Yes.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

sam12 - since you are allowed to post on Rossi's blog and also get answers, maybe you can reach out to him what his opinion is on the process of operating and controlling his installed SK plants (e.g. the one from which he will live stream on Jan 31st) via internet in case there is no electricity (maybe not even a GSM/LTE network) because of power fails, cyber attacks, natural desasters etc... ? See Q&A on Rossi's blog below.

Thx

Rossi answered, that the Ecat could be useful in microgrid environments....

1. Rodney Nicholson November 27, 2018 at 3:24 PM

Regarding the following link I found by googling “First Utility operated microgrid cluster” as Rod Walton suggested:

https://www.power-eng.com/arti…ed-microgrid-cluster.html

The following quote from that link would seem to have huge significance to the marketing of Ecats:

“Experts spanning from the Department of Energy (DOE) to MIT have identified microgrids as a necessary technology to enhance the resiliency of the electric grid from threats ranging from major weather events to cyber-terrorism. In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, for example, the Department of energy issues a report recommending microgrids as a way to mitigate such tragedies in the future.”

To mitigate against ‘weather events’, accidents (Fukushima as one example), cyber-terrorism, and other threats, an ideal solution may be to build Ecat SK plants for each town or city of suitable size, distribute the power over the existing local power network, and dispense with the current huge generation plants and long distance transmission costs. That way a terrorist threat might shut down power to a city or two, but not the entire system.

So the potential for cyberterrorism attacks on the electricity grid might, in addition to the cost advantage, be the single most persuasive argument for making a transition to local Ecat power generation?

Rodney.

2. Andrea Rossi November 27, 2018 at 3:33 PM

Rodney Nicholson:

Thank you for your insight: the Ecat could be useful in this sector.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

It really can‘t be that difficult to maintain a nuclear excess heat producing plasma under atmospheric pressure in 3 tiny little transparent tubes assembled with Home Depot parts and duct tape on a table...no expensive lab equipment needed it seems to see the new light?

Can't resist, but DnG's artistic creations remind me of the famous Richard Dreyfus trying to mimic the Devils Tower in Close Encounters of the Third Kind... :)

In the end it was a kind of success...so I hope DnG will also find what he is looking for.

If Rossi is so close to produce, sell and install his new nuclear steam production plant, he probably may have needed to apply for a permission at the responsible US agency NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) for this quite some time ago. The need to check a lot....the more since it became recently public (not sure if one can call it public, if written on ROssis blog or ECW...) there are real concerns related to radiation...

I cannot imagine that installing a new nuclear driven power plant - even if it simply produces steam or process heat for an individual industrial customer - can be done without knowledge and permission of the NRC. There is an interesting document that talks about
    "Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Small Modular Reactors and Other New Technologies"
    (
    https://www.federalregister.go…nd-other-new-technologies).

So maybe there is a chance to look for companies or names / applicants related to Andrea Rossi, Leonardo, the E-Ccat or QX or SK....but i doubt. The rules on this topic are very strict...

Nobody asked. So, sockpuppet "Kelly" was activated.

A language researcher would have real fun to browse through Rossi‘s blog analyzing syntax, semantics and style of the posts. Except for a few well known folks like Frank Acland and some others who have a significant different style of writing you will see the same old and obvious pattern of Rossi-style in the rest...I am not native, but I am sure Allan, Shane, and even Adrian will notice this.

Rossi seem to spend more time reading, asking a and answering himself in front of his computer than “performing scientific work” to get his new product to market.

"Something does not add up. It is like he wants to be stopped."

Indeed it seems... Rossi may prepare for excuses why this and that cannot happen (e.g. selling a "product", certification, building robotic factories, ...) because authorities did not allow it or asking him for more extensive testing....radiation is a very nice and general reason to NOT do something...

I hope he advised his invitees to wear lead aprons and helmets when participating in his in-house presentation of a working SK reactor. I am not an inspector of nuclear plants, but am sure there are rules in Florida that require him to pre-announce and apply for such a presentation where he operates nuclear devices under very strict conditions (if at all allowed..)

In Rossi's early years you can find a lot where he talks about a lot of gamma rays. This...it was once a big topic...nowadays all his devices seem to work without any radiation at all, although claimed to be nuclear. Probably the main reason there is no theory yet... :)

One sample:

Andrea Rossi
    May 7th, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Very interesting. After 2 hours we still have thermal emission, but still we don’t have radiations out of the reactor. Of course, the lasting of thermal emission means that readiation (gamma) continues to be thermalized. We ( Focardi and me) are convinced that neutrons don’t reach the energy to exit the nuclea, with some exception, which is thermalized in 20′,also because our shielding od boron and lead is much lower that you calculated.

Warm Regards,

Andrea Rossi

Edit --> a more recent one (but he is not mentioning gamma explicitly):

Andrea Rossi
    October 7, 2018 at 8:09 AM

Koen Vandewalle:

I think you have to read again my answer to Roy. It has nothing to do with your comment.

Anyway: the radiations inside the Ecat are thermalized.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Not sure if this design draft fits to Rossi's claim, that all radiation (incl. gamma?) is thermalized. How would that work with the plastic parts from home depot?How can strong radiation from nuclear processes be thermalized in floating water? No shielding required because of no radiation? Many things don't fit together...